Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    open net G

one step closer to a top 3 pick. keep on losing

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    one step closer to a top 3 pick. keep on losing
    I was terrified they were going to get a loser point. Personally would've liked to see Giroux get the goal instead of Couturier.

but seriously. the first goal...varone just skates away and doesn't help out ghost. Simple stuff that this team just literally doesn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    I was terrified they were going to get a loser point. Personally would've liked to see Giroux get the goal instead of Couturier.
    ya same. or provorov. When the devils lost two sticks couts just skates in and shoots at a bad angle when he had provorov just waiting at the high slot.

when you look at all the goals. they all could have been prevented. The first one if varone comes to the puck he gets it first. Instead he thinks ghost will get it and literally skates away which is still crazy to me. 2nd goal sanheim just has to go the other way. 3rd goal folin shouldve gone and rimmed the puck around his side. Idk why he decided to go back to hagg. He had couts on the boards. Just idiotic plays all around.

hopefully they watch video and can fix this. any dman other than amac/folin would have gone to couts. We will have someone else other than varone to help out defensively hopefully (hopefully its just laughton and we can have someone else be the 3C)

The first goal tonight was the epitome of why +/- is so flawed.

Dale weise turned the puck over at the blue, the flyers blue line, looks back and nonchalantly goes to the bench. The result was the first goal.

Dale weise makes the critical mistake that leads to the opportunity against, and yet no negative stat.

Two or three times in the third period the Flyers had sustained pressure in the Devils end (probably 20-30 seconds each time.) but only managed 1 shot registered on net. High, wide, blocked, overpassing, same crap game in and game out....The team has no direction in the offensive zone. They need 1 or 2 "selfish" shooters on this squad....too many passed up shots. Very frustrating to watch. It's almost like they're trying to make the "perfect" pass leading to a goal....

Quote Originally Posted by SportsNutMike View Post
    Two or three times in the third period the Flyers had sustained pressure in the Devils end (probably 20-30 seconds each time.) but only managed 1 shot registered on net. High, wide, blocked, overpassing, same crap game in and game out....The team has no direction in the offensive zone. They need 1 or 2 "selfish" shooters on this squad....too many passed up shots. Very frustrating to watch. It's almost like they're trying to make the "perfect" pass leading to a goal....
    They cycle with no actual objective in mind. It's just mindless cycling

did anyone else hear jim jackson say that nolan patrick looks up to dale weise as his mentor (it was during the 3rd period iirc)?

that...explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    did anyone else hear jim jackson say that nolan patrick looks up to dale weise as his mentor (it was during the 3rd period iirc)?

that...explains a lot.
    Sure does.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Is he? Vatrano who went for a 3rd was 23, had 8 points in 16 games last year and had a CF% over 50. Shoshnikov was 24 and with plenty of control remaining. Letestu was older, but came with a 50+ CF% and 19 points at the time. Maroon had 40+ points the two years prior, had 30 points at the time of the trade, while he was 30, and was a ~50% CF% player. Wingels had 12 points and ~50 CF%.

I think Tommy Wingels is a good comp here. Raffl has 7 points. He has a ~50% CF%. He's a UFA.

I think people are well over valuing Raffl here. He's doing what Tommy Wingels was doing last year, at about the same age, with the same amount of control left. Raffl's going to net around the same thing. Players who are well younger+more control got better trade value. Maroon and Letestu were having far better seasons on making impacts on the scoreboard, similar puck possession and similar age, and went for more. Tommy Wingles is about what Raffl has done this year.

We're not getting a 3rd. I'd be surprised if we got a 4th. I think we're getting a 5th for Raffl unless he goes on a nice tear here.
    Yes Raffl is better than both of those bums.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post

that...explains a lot.
    it wasn't really looking up to him as a hockey player..relax. It was mostly as a mentor and a pro/friend. Thats not a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    it wasn't really looking up to him as a hockey player..relax. It was mostly as a mentor and a pro/friend. Thats not a bad thing.
    I mean, when you are a mentor and in the same profession as a someone 10 years younger than you, you are naturally going to give some tips about your shared profession.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    I mean, when you are a mentor and in the same profession as a someone 10 years younger than you, you are naturally going to give some tips about your shared profession.
    true but that doesn't mean he looks up to him like he wants to be him. I am in PA school and my biggest inspiration/guy i looked up to was a nurse.... Doesn't mean anything...many people can impact your life in different ways. While that isn't the same profession, we work with nurses constantly. He also did say that G helps him a lot...

Patrick and Voracek are going to be fine. It took couts years to get to where he is now. I think patrick can be just as effective offensively in his career (without even playing with G). I remember when people wanted to trade Couts all the time and now he is untouchable.
    Last edited by 3iverson3; 01-13-2019 at 01:09 AM.

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast