Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    And fwiw, there wasn't any quit in this team tonight. They looked dejected and like somebody kicked their puppy after every goal. The Flyers dictated the play peppering Copley and dominating on the draws again. McKenna just isn't an NHL love goaltender.

And the decision to pull the goalie so early was G's call. Came right over and told Gordon let's pull the goalie. G deserves better because he's still laying it on the line every night.
    maybe only dictated play in the 3rd/late 3rd. We had no buisness winning this game. First period was eh, washington had some great chances

This is 100% the truth. The reason everyone views the defense as a problem is because literally every mistake they make winds up in the back of the net. Most teams make as many or more of these types of mistakes, but they are getting NHL level goaltending. We only remember the ones that wind up in the back of the net.
    this is true but the mistakes we make are big mistakes. Gotta clean that up. Tbh, there are a lot of little things as well that are just head scratchers. I remember the calgary game where monahan was left wide open at the end of the game...and then the gaudreau ot winner..same thing. Lots of confidence issues and that comes with the losing. I really want them to just ride this losing out, try and get hart/myers/lindblom/patrick more time and get them going. I can't see this happening next year (especially the powerplay/pk). Have to believe they will change the pk up going into next year. Come back next year and compete for a spot that we all know they are capable of.

we know for damn sure that hart would not have allowed the 2nd vrana goal though.

If we had a healthy elliot maybe things would have been different. Hart and elliot providing solid goaltending would've been a great thing for this team

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    maybe only dictated play in the 3rd/late 3rd. We had no buisness winning this game. First period was eh, washington had some great chances
    Washington took all the momentum in the 2nd period, but for the most part the Flyers carried play.

idk about you guys but I want to see G-Couts-Voracek. Stack the lines up and play like boston/avs. Hopefullt TK can wake up patrick.

this is true but the mistakes we make are big mistakes. Gotta clean that up. Tbh, there are a lot of little things as well that are just head scratchers. I remember the calgary game where monahan was left wide open at the end of the game...and then the gaudreau ot winner..same thing. Lots of confidence issues and that comes with the losing. I really want them to just ride this losing out, try and get hart/myers/lindblom/patrick more time and get them going. I can't see this happening next year (especially the powerplay/pk). Have to believe they will change the pk up going into next year. Come back next year and compete for a spot that we all know they are capable of.
    Other teams make the same mistakes more often. They don't wind up in the back of the net with as much frequency. We have gotten historically bad goaltending, and historically bad special teams play. Changes need to be made for sure, but if we had Elliott+Hart all season this is a playoff team. That's how bad the gosltending has been.

One thing that Gordon did that I liked tonight was that he tried to get Lindblom out there in different situations. Playing with Couturier+Voracek for a bit and killing penalties.

Other teams make the same mistakes more often. They don't wind up in the back of the net with as much frequency. We have gotten historically bad goaltending, and historically bad special teams play. Changes need to be made for sure, but if we had Elliott+Hart all season this is a playoff team. That's how bad the gosltending has been.
    1. pk
    2. goaltending
    3. pp

in no order really but those are the reasons for our terrible season. Fix those and we should at least be in the islanders position

One thing that Gordon did that I liked tonight was that he tried to get Lindblom out there in different situations. Playing with Couturier+Voracek for a bit and killing penalties.
    about time really. No reason he should be on the 4th line. One of the few guys that can forecheck decently

Is it against the law to play a goaltender on back-to-back nights? Does a 20 year old goalie really need a rest? He's probably horny to play. I mean realistically it's a good thing because we probably would have won the game with Hart in net.

Same ole story, no effort or fight til the game is out of reach. It's nice they try to make games close in the 3rd. But just seriously lose every game. I don't know how they can be this bad with that much talent. Signing JVR could turn out to be a terrible decision. But who expected us to be that bad.

I can't believe Jones would ever say anything bad about Weise, he is fine, hahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccanman View Post
    Is it against the law to play a goaltender on back-to-back nights? Does a 20 year old goalie really need a rest? He's probably horny to play. I mean realistically it's a good thing because we probably would have won the game with Hart in net.

Same ole story, no effort or fight til the game is out of reach. It's nice they try to make games close in the 3rd. But just seriously lose every game. I don't know how they can be this bad with that much talent. Signing JVR could turn out to be a terrible decision. But who expected us to be that bad.

I can't believe Jones would ever say anything bad about Weise, he is fine, hahahahaha.
    The belief is, playing back to backs the body isnt fully recovered. Being less than 100% increases likelihood of muscle injuries

There shouldnt be much complaint about trying to make sure the hopeful future franchise goalie stays at 100%

1. pk
    2. goaltending
    3. pp

in no order really but those are the reasons for our terrible season. Fix those and we should at least be in the islanders position
    Since somewhere around December 1st the flyers PK is operating over 80%.

The main issue for this team this season has been goaltending. Unfortunately now the issue is also scoring. They were scoring in the top half of the league not too long ago.

So my opinion:
    1. Goaltending
    2. PP
    3. Finishing.

The main issue for this team this season has been goaltending. Unfortunately now the issue is also scoring. They were scoring in the top half of the league not too long ago.
    goals for:
    2019: 23rd
    2018: 13th (11 players scored 10+ goals; 5 scored 20+)
    2017: 20th
    2016: 22nd
    2015: 22nd
    2014: 9th (7 players scored 20+ goals)
    2013: 9th
    2012: 3rd (11 players scored 10+ goals; 8 scored 15+)

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    goals for:
    2019: 23rd
    2018: 13th (11 players scored 10+ goals; 5 scored 20+)
    2017: 20th
    2016: 22nd
    2015: 22nd
    2014: 9th (7 players scored 20+ goals)
    2013: 9th
    2012: 3rd (11 players scored 10+ goals; 8 scored 15+)
    This pretty much assists in my point about scoring. They aren't scoring enough, I didnt realize 15-17 were that poor as well.

When I mentioned not that long ago, I was talking about just prior to this current losing streak.

That said, clearly it's a historical problem. JVR was supposed to help with this, however he isnt a guy who can generate his own dangerous chances imo.

If we're talking about what to do moving forward my personal plan would be as follows:

-stay the course till the deadline.

-move anyone and everyone that has an expiring contract as well as amac/gudas/weise if it makes sense

-trim the fat around the edges of the roster via waivers at this point

-call up all projected tweeners and bottom half of roster guys in the A. NAK/Friedman/Vorobyev and whoever else may be a future contributor. You do this to learn who may be worth a bottom half of the roster spot.

-run with stolarz and Lyons the rest of the way to find out what you have and whether or not you can trust them to be 1b/backup options next season.

-allow hart to be the guy in the A.

-Go into the offseason intent on moving jake voracek for the best Hockey trade.

-hire Quinnville

-have to be in in all top 6 forwards. and anyone with a dash of speed in their game that becomes available.

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast