Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

IGT: January "Are we really this bad"

I'm speechless.

Yep, we're terrible.

I think Iím giving it a big break until a trade or something else happens positive or negative. Enjoy the boards guys until something actually happens besides ****** hockey

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    I think Iím giving it a big break until a trade or something else happens positive or negative. Enjoy the boards guys until something actually happens besides ****** hockey
    No. There aren't many of us left haha.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    No. There aren't many of us left haha.
    might be in the same boat haha

I'm at the point where honestly, I think the core needs to be seriously shaken up. I don't think any player over the age of 25 should be un-touchable, including G. Now, I love me some Giroux, and I never want to see him in another uniform, but the veteran leadership on this team is, imo, lacking. The kind of effort they put on sometimes is not acceptable and it's far too commonplace. I think this is a team that's accepted mediocrity for too long and needs some fresh voices.

I wouldn't want to sell all of our vets, but none of them would be untouchable. More than anything, I think the dressing room needs change if for no other reason than the sake of change. There's talent in there, but sometimes I question the heart. I can stomach heart breaking losses. I can't abide disinterested losses.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    I'm at the point where honestly, I think the core needs to be seriously shaken up. I don't think any player over the age of 25 should be un-touchable, including G. Now, I love me some Giroux, and I never want to see him in another uniform, but the veteran leadership on this team is, imo, lacking. The kind of effort they put on sometimes is not acceptable and it's far too commonplace. I think this is a team that's accepted mediocrity for too long and needs some fresh voices.

I wouldn't want to sell all of our vets, but none of them would be untouchable. More than anything, I think the dressing room needs change if for no other reason than the sake of change. There's talent in there, but sometimes I question the heart. I can stomach heart breaking losses. I can't abide disinterested losses.
    I think G should be the only plus 25 player not on the block, otherwise I kind of agree. I disagree with the notion of judging his leadership by how poorly guys are playing. They just don't seem like they are in sync. I watched G slam his helmet twice in the box vs. Carolina (I was there unfortunately) so I don't want to hear that he doesn't care or isn't a good leader. None of us are in that locker room and know what is being said.

The guy who, I feel, is hurting the team with his comments and actions is Jake. Saying publicly that you're playing scared hockey and having that sort of attitude is counterproductive. He also has been making some very questionable puck decisions (ie blind drop passes, soft cross ice attempts, hesitating -- JVR hesitates too much also).

Overall, the team, to me, seems like they are double thinking things too much. There is an overall hesitant feeling. It could be due to changing a system that most have played for about 3/4 years now or low confidence. I don't mind going through the rest of the season losing if we can snag a top 5 pick. Those top 5 forwards are going to be sweet man. My favorites outside of Hughes are Kaako and Cozens...man they would look nice in a Flyers uni.

i think voracek is getting slammed more than anyone else and I think its kinda unwarranted really. He definitely needs to step it up though.

IMO, the whole team is just second guessing everything and not making the right plays. I think G, TK, Couts, provorov at times are the only players who make confident plays (or do it even when they screw up). This team needs a confidence boost badly. Patrick, JVR, ghost really need to get going.

Why is Provorov the golden boy? He hasn't played very well this year. Giroux may be the only player that is playing well overall. I've heard number tossed around here for Koneckny in the 6 million range. He looks like a young Scotty Upshall right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    Why is Provorov the golden boy? He hasn't played very well this year. Giroux may be the only player that is playing well overall. I've heard number tossed around here for Koneckny in the 6 million range. He looks like a young Scotty Upshall right now.
    That's a pretty negative view on both. Koneceny has the highest CF% on the team. And is on pace for a 19 goal, 44 point season as a 21 year old. He's having a great year. He's been stuck on PP2 which has been worthless, so he'd do better if the PP was clicking.

Secondly Provy has been given some of the hardest minutes in the league. Historicaly hard. Shocker his numbers have taken a dip. He's wonderful and young. I know he's struggled a bit more this year, but it's clearly an outlier and likely tied to the minutes he's seeing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    That's a pretty negative view on both. Koneceny has the highest CF% on the team. And is on pace for a 19 goal, 44 point season as a 21 year old. He's having a great year. He's been stuck on PP2 which has been worthless, so he'd do better if the PP was clicking.

Secondly Provy has been given some of the hardest minutes in the league. Historicaly hard. Shocker his numbers have taken a dip. He's wonderful and young. I know he's struggled a bit more this year, but it's clearly an outlier and likely tied to the minutes he's seeing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Yeah Provorov has been given minutes against top lines but he's not having a good season. He's making a lot of mistakes.

Yeah Provorov has been given minutes against top lines but he's not having a good season. He's making a lot of mistakes.
    No one is saying that he's had a good season. But I do think he's been better of late and I do think he's still a Norris-caliber going defenseman.

Because the kid had a pretty exceptional run for 2 years as a 19/20 year old breaking into the NHL. He's now 21.....he's entitled to struggle for half a season on a team that is collectively in disarray. It's been by default but essentially we've relied on a 20 year old kid to be our number one defenseman last year and this year. The kids a stud and is only 21. A subpar half a season or even a subpar season for a full season if it happens to continue is not a huge concern as a 21 year old. He'll be more than fine.

The saddest truth of all is that this roster has actually been a slightly above average team at 5v5 all season, but the goaltending has been so horrendous that it hasn't mattered. And the special teams haven't been any better to make up some of that ground. Even average goaltending and this is a playoff team. We need Hart to develop quickly.

since i'm apparently the only person who bothers to check receipts, i'm just gonna say that the only poster on this board who i would consider cheating off of during an economics midterm/final is 1980cubs.

when talking about cap and contracts, nearly everyone else has significant issues with A: bias, B: consistency, C: competence and D: reliability.

people who would put "konecny" and "6MM per year" in the same sentence have issues with A and C, at the least.

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast