Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stephen Curry

21 70.00%
  • James Harden

9 30.00%
Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Oh, you were talking about the Finals series with the Thunder? When the Heat admitted to focusing in on a 23 year old bench player?
    Hence the easiest of roles (not even an all star load and could be keyed in on), if you had any semblance of deductive reasoning you would've never tried that strawman. We've seen harden underachieve in too many roles to ever think of him in that light. you legit had a plethora of examples so bringing up Draymond and klay when even pre peak curry outdoes him (with respect to their roles) is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Just do what nobody wants to. Show harden's playoff stats if you disregard Dallas. It's truly pathetic. I don't expect the man to win but c'mon, at least show up. I asked before, what's currys worst series and (iirc) mngopher said his first championship series. Lol... a series where he was an arguable FMVP is his worst? Lmfao, then why is harden even in the same breath? He's closer to melo than a true superstar
    Definitely don't think that was me, that 2016 finals would be my choice.

More turnover than assists for the series. Some big moments where he had iffy plays or wasn't stepping up (including being attacked on defense). 23 points per game with an overall ortg lower than both teams or the other "stars" in the series (102)...

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Definitely don't think that was me, that 2016 finals would be my choice.

More turnover than assists for the series. Some big moments where he had iffy plays or wasn't stepping up (including being attacked on defense). 23 points per game with an overall ortg lower than both teams or the other "stars" in the series (102)...
    Twas the Portland fan then, sorry I haven't slept in awhile and suffer from jet lag.

Hence the easiest of roles (not even an all star load and could be keyed in on), if you had any semblance of deductive reasoning you would've never tried that strawman. We've seen harden underachieve in too many roles to ever think of him in that light. you legit had a plethora of examples so bringing up Draymond and klay when even pre peak curry outdoes him (with respect to their roles) is laughable.
    Are we talking about the same thing? Or are you just clueless? Are you arguing that Harden had the easiest of roles because he was the guy the Heat tried to stop first and foremost in that series? That doesn’t make sense so we must be talking about two different things. Pronouns, bro.

Are we talking about the same thing? Or are you just clueless? Are you arguing that Harden had the easiest of roles because he was the guy the Heat tried to stop first and foremost in that series? That doesn’t make sense so we must be talking about two different things. Pronouns, bro.
    You couldn't key in on the rest cuz they weren't so easily exploitable. Are you truly suggesting a bench role is easier than carrying a team? ****ing clueless

You couldn't key in on the rest cuz they weren't so easily exploitable. Are you truly suggesting a bench role is easier than carrying a team? ****ing clueless
    You were the one talking about the “easiest of roles” and now you’re saying that I’m the one suggesting it?

To be clear, are you saying that Harden had the “easiest of roles” in 2012 against the Heat and he choked?

You were the one talking about the “easiest of roles” and now you’re saying that I’m the one suggesting it?

To be clear, are you saying that Harden had the “easiest of roles” in 2012 against the Heat and he choked?
    When I play basketball, I target the weakest player on the other team. That happened to be Harden. So what? He played bad. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I'll take curry over harden. He's just too deadly from too far. It's like having randy moss on the field. Even if you never throw him a pass the defense still has to cheat his way all game, opening things up.
    No doubt

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Bro you have some false narrative stuck in your head. They effectively ran a 7 man rotation in the playoffs + Finals (anybody over 10mpg) and Livingston as their main bench guy in the Finals posted one game of a +/- over +3 (their biggest blowout where everyone crushed). 3 of the 6 they lost points with him on the court. Iguodala split time starting and only posted an on-court positive net rating in the double digits when he was playing with Curry and the starters (and did so every time he played with Curry and the starters). Their two close losses were the two games Curry did not have a positive +/- (-2 and -4). I'm actually looking right now and there was a total of 5 games all season where Curry was a negative and the team won. 3 of those he was a -1 .IE they go as he goes.

Curry led the league in RPM that year easily by the way (Lebron, Harden, AD and Kawhi filling in the rest of the top 5), with their two main bench options in Igoudala and Livingston coming in at 12th and 26th for their positions in the stat (a slight positive and an overall negative respectively per the numbers).

So yeah, I will go ahead and roll with Pippen and Wade with elite Power Forwards and great spacing shooters every day there.
    That’s funny, I remember Barbosa going ham on the Cavs and bringing them back from a deficit the starters put them in. Like 8-10 consecutive points to completely change the game as if he was Mike Beasley last night.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    When I play basketball, I target the weakest player on the other team. That happened to be Harden. So what? He played bad. Get over it.
    Nothing to get over. You obviously don’t understand what I was questioning. Question: Does that player you target on the other team have the “easiest of roles”?

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    I will add, the toughest team/series the Warriors have faced before KD joined was the 2016 KD/Westbrook/Adams/Ibaka/Roberson Thunder. That was my favorite Klay series, but Curry was the best player on the court on either team and led them to the incredible comeback. No injuries, no BS. Curry averaging 33/7/8 +2.3 steals on 47/47/91 in the 3 win or go-home games. They lost the next series of course (beyond the obvious injuries to GS and the suspension, I don't think it exactly hurt Cleveland to cruise into that Finals with b2b 40 point wins over Toronto while GS battled for their season each game. East life), but let's not sit here and pretend we have not seen Curry tested by great teams and lead them to victory. In the prior season or that one. It's damn sure a hell of a lot more impressive than anything we have seen from Harden.
    Haha, what about the team they lost to and against a player he’s never been better than in a series and actually not even close to. Haha...Tre

Nothing to get over. You obviously don’t understand what I was questioning. Question: Does that player you target on the other team have the “easiest of roles”?
    It was only Harden, Westbrook, or Durant getting the ball. Harden was the weakest link of those three and so he was targeted. End of story. I saw the series and no one in OKC thought Harden was ready for the moment. It happens. I don't blame Harden. We lost to a better team. Yet you are still defending him when he wasn't even on the Rockets at that point.. What are you really trying to defend?

It was only Harden, Westbrook, or Durant getting the ball. Harden was the weakest link of those three and so he was targeted. End of story. I saw the series and no one in OKC thought Harden was ready for the moment. It happens. I don't blame Harden. We lost to a better team. Yet you are still defending him when he wasn't even on the Rockets at that point.. What are you really trying to defend?
    We’re talking about two different things. Re-read what Chronz said about Harden having the easiest road that series. If I understand him correctly, he’s.....he’s......I don’t know exactly what he is other than wrong.

We’re talking about two different things. Re-read what Chronz said about Harden having the easiest road that series. If I understand him correctly, he’s.....he’s......I don’t know exactly what he is other than wrong.
    From what I'm reading, Harden didn't even have the load he has right now and was stopped. Would you agree he's had an easier role in OKC than Houston? So even though he's targeted more now in Houston than in OKC, that doesn't negate the other. The fact is, and we all saw it, it wasn't that he played bad because I get it, he was only 23. It's the fact that he looked like he didn't want to play at all and I haven't changed my mind about that when I watch him in the playoffs at times. Miami Heat targeting him had everything to do with the fact that even they knew Harden was being exposed at that point. Not a single OKC fan could defend him regardless of what you stated but it's funny you are here defending him when he had nothing to do with the Rockets at all.

From what I'm reading, Harden didn't even have the load he has right now and was stopped. Would you agree he's had an easier role in OKC than Houston? So even though he's targeted more now in Houston than in OKC, that doesn't negate the other. The fact is, and we all saw it, it wasn't that he played bad because I get it, he was only 23. It's the fact that he looked like he didn't want to play at all and I haven't changed my mind about that when I watch him in the playoffs at times. Miami Heat targeting him had everything to do with the fact that even they knew Harden was being exposed at that point. Not a single OKC fan could defend him regardless of what you stated but it's funny you are here defending him when he had nothing to do with the Rockets at all.
    JFC I’m not defending him. Im wondering how the hell he had an “easy path” in that series.

Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast