Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who is the better NBA player

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stephen Curry

    21 70.00%
  • James Harden

    9 30.00%
Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 502
  1. #196
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    27,788
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    they avoided the biggest potential challenge in there conference (a healthy Clippers team) and played two teams that had major injuries


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Were they the best team in the regular season? Yes. Were they the best team in the playoffs? Yes. Was Curry very clearly their best player in both the regular season or the playoffs? Yes. They don't control the rest bud. Those are the facts. You can be unimpressed if it helps you sleep better, but he played out of his mind all year and through the post-season, and led them to a title with less help than Jordan or Lebron had in their first titles.

  2. #197
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    24,379
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    [emoji23] Bud you are the guys here trying to underplay the importance of a b2b MVP with impact stats that rival the best in history as a teams catalyst. The fact that you think I'm the on here who needs to do any "fooling" is truly epic. You're right though, we should probably accrue more of their ascent not to Curry being given the keys with Monta being traded, but backup Draymond Green.


    Why, again, would we care to include 20 some odd games of an injured Curry? Their rise begins with him being healthy in year 4 and entering MVP form. Obviously, again, you don't win without help (keep ignoring that Jordan didn't have a winning record or a playoff win until year 4 as well), but if you can't grasp that he was BY FAR their best player and only reason why they had a chance to win that first title, you're lost dude.

    I PROMISE you that every smart basketball mind is laughing their *** of at your guys' takes in this thread.
    Again more misdirection, I didnt say Curry wasnt the biggest reason they won at all.

    I agree with you, anyone who is using your replies to gauge what I am saying would be laughing, but that's the point of going overboard and putting words in my mouth isnt it? I'm comfortable relying on peoples ability to read what I've actually said, thanks.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  3. #198
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    27,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    No, I appreciate your insider narrative but I think its garbage the way you are ducking facts to prop him up. Your idea of facts btw is unconventional. Jordan and Lebron having more help for their first title is not "fact", but the lack of winning at a decent rate until after Klay and Draymond joined is easily verifiable fact, which is what set you off on this little rant.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Lmfao yes it is a fact that Jordan with Pippen and Horace Grant and Lebron with Wade and Bosh is more help than the 2015 version of Klay and Draymond. Check the stats if you're failing to remember, it's not close. And dude how many times do I have to tell you, you don't win a title on your own. Klay and Draymond had their roles. And Curry had THE role. He was their leader and best player, by a HUGE margin. What you don't get about that or why you have some vendetta against Curry I don't know. And with that I am done slapping you guys around. You clearly don't care to acknowledge stats/facts or eye test via video, so I'll let you be happy in your ignorance. I'll be over here enjoying Curry's continued domination for the 7th straight year.

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    36,121

    Who is the better player- Harden or Curry

    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Were they the best team in the regular season? Yes. Were they the best team in the playoffs? Yes. Was Curry very clearly their best player in both the regular season or the playoffs? Yes. They don't control the rest bud. Those are the facts. You can be unimpressed if it helps you sleep better, but he played out of his mind all year and through the post-season, and led them to a title with less help than Jordan or Lebron had in their first titles.
    Im not blaming them for having a fortunate road. Iím not going act like Curry did something like Dirk in 2011 either


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #200
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,198
    Curry 3 rings while Harden has 0 rings...for that reason alone Harden when it comes to championship pedigree he will always be inferior to Curry. Talk to me when Harden wins a Championship or he wins multiple titles because he hasn't done it and won't do it in Houston especially with that team he has.

  6. #201
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,192
    I mean how is it not Curry? 2 time MVP. He continues to play at an MVP level anytime Durant is out. His game is fine in the regular season and doesn't completely fall off a cliff in the playoffs. Yes he didn't get Finals MVP over Iggy but but let's not act like he wasn't their best player. Does it look bad that he got as bothered as he did by Delevadova? Yes, but not nearly as bad as the dumpster fires Harden has put on display in the playoffs EVERY year. He was the best player on a championship team and the only reason he doesn't have a 4-peat on his resume is because of arguably the best player ever playing the best he's ever played. Harden has only been to the finals one time as a bench player and completely **** his pants. It's really not a question right now. Oh and Curry at the very least tries on the other end which Harden simply does not.

  7. #202
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    27,788
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Im not blaming them for having a fortunate road. Iím not going act like Curry did something like Dirk in 2011 either


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just have to acknowledge this next level goalpost movement by the goalpost moving King here. This is a thread about Curry versus Harden, not Dirk and his epic run (stats wise hilariously equal to Currys run by the way). Dirk being 2 years older then Currys current age at that, and long considered a playoff failure to that point. Continue on though.
    Last edited by tredigs; 01-06-2019 at 05:06 PM.

  8. #203
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    36,121

    Who is the better player- Harden or Curry

    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Just have to acknowledge this next level goalpost movement by the goalpost moving King here. This is a thread about Curry versus Harden, not Dirk and his epic run (stats wise hilariously equal to Currys run by the way). Dirk being 2 years older then Currys current age at that, and long considered a playoff failure to that point. Continue on though.
    I took Curry in this thread. I was just calling out you for misrepresenting that 2015 run (youíre even doing it in this post).

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 01-06-2019 at 05:39 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  9. #204
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,856
    Ya I mean the last time Curry was leading this team without Durant they lost in the finals with him playing poorly choking 3-1 lead. Durant it was WCF where he choked 3-1 lead. The last time we saw this team without Curry or Durant in the playoffs for a stretch they were beating Portland/Houston with Klay/Draymond.

    One year after meeting Houston in WCF they went 2-1 without Curry and won a game he played 18 minutes going 2-9 with 5 turnovers. Essentially 3-1 against the Rockets without Curry and 2-1 against Portland to start the next series.

    This is what I was getting at before on how it isn't like outside of support there has been a ton proven for any of these guys not just Harden. They choked last time they were leaders of their team/faced comparable talent. When they have had success it came with a lot of talent (Westy/Harden/Ibaka or Klay/Green/Iggy and later KD) and in Currys case when they won a title it came with injuries to competition.

    I agree we can't just write off the advantages/accomplishments of Curry individually either which is why he is still my choice but we also shouldn't pretend the context isn't what it is.

  10. #205
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,108
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Lmfao yes it is a fact that Jordan with Pippen and Horace Grant and Lebron with Wade and Bosh is more help than the 2015 version of Klay and Draymond. Check the stats if you're failing to remember, it's not close. And dude how many times do I have to tell you, you don't win a title on your own. Klay and Draymond had their roles. And Curry had THE role. He was their leader and best player, by a HUGE margin. What you don't get about that or why you have some vendetta against Curry I don't know. And with that I am done slapping you guys around. You clearly don't care to acknowledge stats/facts or eye test via video, so I'll let you be happy in your ignorance. I'll be over here enjoying Curry's continued domination for the 7th straight year.
    Itís not a fact they had more help bro. That bench you had was known to outplay all benched and many teams starters. Your starters were often times losing to The Cavs and your bench would come in and kill. After wade Bosh Bron, the Heat were as pathetic as it gets, meanwhile your team probably had the best bench in the nba. Stop

  11. #206
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,108
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Ya I mean the last time Curry was leading this team without Durant they lost in the finals with him playing poorly choking 3-1 lead. Durant it was WCF where he choked 3-1 lead. The last time we saw this team without Curry or Durant in the playoffs for a stretch they were beating Portland/Houston with Klay/Draymond.

    One year after meeting Houston in WCF they went 2-1 without Curry and won a game he played 18 minutes going 2-9 with 5 turnovers. Essentially 3-1 against the Rockets without Curry and 2-1 against Portland to start the next series.

    This is what I was getting at before on how it isn't like outside of support there has been a ton proven for any of these guys not just Harden. They choked last time they were leaders of their team/faced comparable talent. When they have had success it came with a lot of talent (Westy/Harden/Ibaka or Klay/Green/Iggy and later KD) and in Currys case when they won a title it came with injuries to competition.

    I agree we can't just write off the advantages/accomplishments of Curry individually either which is why he is still my choice but we also shouldn't pretend the context isn't what it is.
    This

  12. #207
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    24,271
    I'll take curry over harden. He's just too deadly from too far. It's like having randy moss on the field. Even if you never throw him a pass the defense still has to cheat his way all game, opening things up.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  13. #208
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    43,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Easiest of roles? Harden had a perennial DPOY, second best shooter of all time and was then gifted a MVP in his prime? Your non basketball delirium is now sleeping into your basketball takes, rendering you useless to converse with.
    Even easier, he came off the bench all year remember. Try again

  14. #209
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    43,857
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    What do you mean by destroy the league analytically? Would he act like he is smarter then the league bc he listen to a Zach Lowe prodcast?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    His numbers would skyrocket under d antoni and away from kd

  15. #210
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    36,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    His numbers would skyrocket under d antoni and away from kd
    Maybe if he had a great pick and roll pick guard like Harden to set him up


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •