Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 180
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    34,307
    https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/03...deal-with-aew/

    Jim Ross is signing with AEW. I'm assuming it will be announcing/talent relations. 1 million dollars annually is a nice pay day for JR. Well deserved.

    Will probably give him time to do his weekly podcast with Conrad Thompson as well.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-07-2019 at 06:52 PM.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    34,307
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I actually believe that is AEW's biggest signing and here is why: Chris Jericho brings an interest to the brand that none of the other guys can bring and gives them some legitimacy. If AEW had just been Cody, Young Bucks, Omega, Page, and some others, who really cares? It is just a bunch of "friends" starting their own promotion. Jericho signing now gives WWE and other promotions pause like guys aren't afraid to sign there.
    My worries with AEW is do they become like Impact where they take too many WWE leftovers? Guys like Dillinger, TJP, etc don't move the needle. They are good hands but thats about it. I think that's why they are targeting guys like Goldberg even though they know he can't really go in the ring anymore. It gives them legitimacy.

    They are easily WWE's biggest competition since WCW but that doesn't mean a lot until they have a weekly program on a major network. We'll see how they do. I know their initial intention is not to be direct competition for WWE though. Clearly its to make build their own brand where they may one day be legit competition.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,624
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/03...deal-with-aew/

    Jim Ross is signing with AEW. I'm assuming it will be announcing/talent relations. 1 million dollars annually is a nice pay day for JR. Well deserved.

    Will probably give him time to do his weekly podcast with Conrad Thompson as well.
    I feel like this is big enough news to have it's own thread, it's arguably the companys second biggest signing.
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

    2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,624
    Kenny Omega, and The Young Bucks was in Chicago to confirm today that All In 2 will be once again in Chicago.

    https://www.prowrestling.com/breakin...ng-to-chicago/

    Also, with a lot of news happening in the next few months, I'm sticking this thread.
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

    2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    34,307
    https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/...et-than-all-in

    Seems like AEW is having a hard time moving tickets for their Double or Nothing show. Not a good sign for a brand new promotion. I know Vegas isn't Chicago in terms of quantity of wrestling fans but it should be easy to sell out an arena in Las Vegas in May.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    45,142

    All Elite Wrestling Discussion thread

    The secondary market means tickets being re-sold on outlets like Stubhub.

    The event actually sold out in 4 minutes.

    The website wrote the article sort of odd. donít know if they understood what any of this meant.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Driven; 03-29-2019 at 08:52 AM.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    34,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    The secondary market means tickets being re-sold on outlets like Stubhub.

    The event actually sold out in 4 minutes.

    The website wrote the article sort of odd. donít know if they understood what any of this meant.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The one thing I will say is secondary market prices that aren't approaching face value of the tickets usually doesn't signal well for demand. There are a lot of purchasers of those tickets specifically in the business of re-selling them. It should be an easy sell at a nice margin given the city the event is taking place in and the time of year. Not struggling like it is.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    45,142

    All Elite Wrestling Discussion thread

    The cheapest ticket price on StubHub right now is $41. Cheapest floor seat is going for $323, and there arenít that many available under $500.

    When the tickets originally came out, the cheapest ticket price was $36.70. Front row ringside seats were $211.

    So these are all pretty much above face value.
    Last edited by Driven; 03-29-2019 at 01:28 PM.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    MASS
    Posts
    55,374
    Don Callis beat Kenny Omega clean over the weekend. I can only imagine if something like this happened in WWE and how much **** people would talk if this happened. But because it happened on the indies its cool. and thats the reaction ive seen online, like no one cares a non wrestler pinned what people will argue as the best wrestler today clean


    the anti wwe fans will bypass anything on the indies


    First Sim League Title!

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Mecca
    Posts
    15,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    Don Callis beat Kenny Omega clean over the weekend. I can only imagine if something like this happened in WWE and how much **** people would talk if this happened. But because it happened on the indies its cool. and thats the reaction ive seen online, like no one cares a non wrestler pinned what people will argue as the best wrestler today clean


    the anti wwe fans will bypass anything on the indies
    I just had to google who the hell Don Callis was lol But he beat him clean? No trickier? I get he is going AEW but that's a bit insane
    The First Man To Ever Win The World Title - The Prestige Title - The Chaos Championship in PWW History. I am The Face That Runs The Place Mario Freaking Bellz

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellz View Post
    I just had to google who the hell Don Callis was lol But he beat him clean? No trickier? I get he is going AEW but that's a bit insane
    Well to be fair, Omega was distracted by Jericho's music.

    TJP is heavily hinting that he is joining AEW and has some interesting words for another AEW wrestler Pac aka Neville.

    https://www.prowrestling.com/tj-perk...-live-viewers/
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

    2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Mecca
    Posts
    15,488
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    Well to be fair, Omega was distracted by Jericho's music.

    TJP is heavily hinting that he is joining AEW and has some interesting words for another AEW wrestler Pac aka Neville.

    https://www.prowrestling.com/tj-perk...-live-viewers/
    Than that's not exactly "clean" . Riv you need to do a better job at trolling you're better than that
    The First Man To Ever Win The World Title - The Prestige Title - The Chaos Championship in PWW History. I am The Face That Runs The Place Mario Freaking Bellz

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    MASS
    Posts
    55,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellz View Post
    Than that's not exactly "clean" . Riv you need to do a better job at trolling you're better than that
    As clean as you are gonna get! No weapons, no real cheating.


    First Sim League Title!

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Mecca
    Posts
    15,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    As clean as you are gonna get! No weapons, no real cheating.
    There was still a distraction lol
    The First Man To Ever Win The World Title - The Prestige Title - The Chaos Championship in PWW History. I am The Face That Runs The Place Mario Freaking Bellz

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    MASS
    Posts
    55,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellz View Post
    There was still a distraction lol
    how many wrestlers have kicked out of moves following distractions ?

    Maybe Kenny isnt the best in the world after all. Roman would have kicked out


    First Sim League Title!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •