Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Young Bucks on the stage!
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

Beretta and Chuck Taylor is official to AEW.
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

Pentagon Jr. and Fenix are confirmed for AEW. Major Major signing.

They attacked The Bucks

Brandi Rhodes out now.

Kylie Rae has signed with aew

Bucks vs lucha bros
    Hangman vs pac
    Jericho vs omega
    What a start!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Bucks vs lucha bros
    Hangman vs pac
    Jericho vs omega
    What a start!!!
    It is interesting to say the least, but I really don't think this takes off in full until you see a big time star from WWE jump to AEW. The main people in AEW are the ones you believed it would start with from the get go-- Cody Rhodes, Young Bucks, Omega, and Hangman. Chris Jericho is nice, but he isn't going to be around all the time. The Lucha Brothers already turned down WWE and PAC was released by WWE, so them going there isn't all that shocking.

Now, if they could add someone in the realm of AJ Styles, Randy Orton, someone that truly would change the way we look at AEW, then you have something truly to talk about. When you look at those 3 matches, unless you are booking them to be 30+ minutes long, you basically have nothing more than a good edition of Smackdown Live right there.
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    It is interesting to say the least, but I really don't think this takes off in full until you see a big time star from WWE jump to AEW. The main people in AEW are the ones you believed it would start with from the get go-- Cody Rhodes, Young Bucks, Omega, and Hangman. Chris Jericho is nice, but he isn't going to be around all the time. The Lucha Brothers already turned down WWE and PAC was released by WWE, so them going there isn't all that shocking.

Now, if they could add someone in the realm of AJ Styles, Randy Orton, someone that truly would change the way we look at AEW, then you have something truly to talk about. When you look at those 3 matches, unless you are booking them to be 30+ minutes long, you basically have nothing more than a good edition of Smackdown Live right there.
    I highly doubt Randy Orton leaves WWE. The only reason why he's "open to listen to AEW" is because Randy is a smart businessman. He knows he can leverage the idea of moving to AEW as a way to get WWE to pay him more, potentially give him more days off, etc. AJ is more likely to go but I still think he stays with WWE. I know a lot of those guys in AEW are his close friends but I think it would have to be a real sweetheart deal for him to leave WWE and I think Vince would match and exceed almost anything offered to AJ. Its not like AJ can complain about his current booking either. The dude is a main event talent in WWE.

They could use some bigger stars and I think they'll pry some WWE talent away. Honestly I think Brock is an interesting possibility. Dude is the ultimate mercenary. If the Khans are willing to pay him more than Vince pays him, he'll definitely go there and give them some serious star power. I can see Goldberg going there too. I think AEW is aware they need some marquee names (familiar to more casual fans) to drum up interest besides the Young Bucks, Cody, Jericho, and Omega.

The biggest get would be CM Punk but who knows if Phil wants to wrestle again?
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-08-2019 at 11:04 AM.

AJ isn't going anywhere.

If you're a top star in the WWE, do you really have a reason to jump ship? Outside of Ambrose and Balor, I'm not sure what other big names would leave for AEW. But those two also aren't top guys like Rollins, Orton, Styles, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I highly doubt Randy Orton leaves WWE. The only reason why he's "open to listen to AEW" is because Randy is a smart businessman. He knows he can leverage the idea of moving to AEW as a way to get WWE to pay him more, potentially give him more days off, etc. AJ is more likely to go but I still think he stays with WWE. I know a lot of those guys in AEW are his close friends but I think it would have to be a real sweetheart deal for him to leave WWE and I think Vince would match and exceed almost anything offered to AJ. Its not like AJ can complain about his current booking either. The dude is a main event talent in WWE.

They could use some bigger stars and I think they'll pry some WWE talent away. Honestly I think Brock is an interesting possibility. Dude is the ultimate mercenary. If the Khans are willing to pay him more than Vince pays him, he'll definitely go there and give them some serious star power. I can see Goldberg going there too. I think AEW is aware they need some marquee names (familiar to more casual fans) to drum up interest besides the Young Bucks, Cody, Jericho, and Omega.

The biggest get would be CM Punk but who knows if Phil wants to wrestle again?
    He would be HUGE for AEW and I think they could give him some of the things Vince won't: Big pay day with days off and more creative input.

I just wonder if AEW would ever go after the Rock?
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    He would be HUGE for AEW and I think they could give him some of the things Vince won't: Big pay day with days off and more creative input.

I just wonder if AEW would ever go after the Rock?
    They many but no chance Rock accepts. Why would he?
    The First Man To Ever Win The World Title - The Prestige Title - The Chaos Championship in PWW History. I am The Face That Runs The Place Mario Freaking Bellz

Quote Originally Posted by Bellz View Post
    They many but no chance Rock accepts. Why would he?
    He wouldn't. The Rock doesn't need money and he's loyal to the WWE because they launched his movie career. Not to mention he has like a thousand relatives there.

Brock would be the big star if someone defected because all Brock cares about is who is paying him top dollar.

People realize aew has been offical for only a month now right? Guys in wwe are still under contract. No way to really judge aew on getting a big name or underutilized wwe star or stars until the next 1-3 years. Anyway aew are trying to create there own stars aswell which is definitely the right move. Aew isnt trying to go to war with wwe. There is zero to knock aew about right now.

So to bump up this thread AEW has announced their second show.

https://www.prowrestling.com/aew-fig...lly-announced/

Fight for the Fallen is going to happen July 13 in Jacksonville, at the Daily’s Place Ampitheater. I believe they have said proceeds from the event will go to gun violence victims.

So there's a gap between May and July between shows for AEW, I wonder if they are holding off on the TV Show until after WWE moves Smackdown to Friday nights since the rumor is AEW will be on Tuesday nights.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    Chris Jericho is officially in AEW.
    I actually believe that is AEW's biggest signing and here is why: Chris Jericho brings an interest to the brand that none of the other guys can bring and gives them some legitimacy. If AEW had just been Cody, Young Bucks, Omega, Page, and some others, who really cares? It is just a bunch of "friends" starting their own promotion. Jericho signing now gives WWE and other promotions pause like guys aren't afraid to sign there.
    Eichel Tower

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast