Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    https://twitter.com/RealKurtAngle/st...-revolution%2F

Hmmm

I could see Christian being the surprise too but if its anyone imo, its Angle.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://twitter.com/RealKurtAngle/st...-revolution%2F

Hmmm

I could see Christian being the surprise too but if its anyone imo, its Angle.
    I think Christian has more to offer in-ring wise than Kurt does. Not to mention that even though Kurt is good on the mic, Christian is better. I hope it's Christian.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Nah, if he is going to wrestle, it's going to be in WWE. Edge talked before that he wanted to work with him again, so if he is going to wrestle more, it wouldn't make sense for him to leave.
    Turns out it is Christian that the Big Show referenced.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Turns out it is Christian that the Big Show referenced.
    Yep, I stand corrected. I am surprised. WWE must have low balled him. I know Edge wanted to work with him and I assume he wanted to be in WWE. So either the money wasn't good, or they really didn't want him to wrestle much at all. WWE needs to get younger anyway they have too many guys not in their late 30's early 40s that they are focusing on.

My hope for AEW is that they don't start going down the road like TNA did with all of these aging veterans and they start taking away TV time and top spots from the younger guys. I get it, AEW wants to make noise in the wrestling circles, but let's be honest:

Big Show, 49 years old
    Christian, 47 years old
    Matt Hardy, 46 years old
    Chris Jericho, 50 years old
    Dustin Rhodes, 51 years old

That is not to say you can't have them on your roster, because yes, WWE has their "old timers" too, but it should be for nothing more than putting over younger guys.
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    My hope for AEW is that they don't start going down the road like TNA did with all of these aging veterans and they start taking away TV time and top spots from the younger guys. I get it, AEW wants to make noise in the wrestling circles, but let's be honest:

Big Show, 49 years old
    Christian, 47 years old
    Matt Hardy, 46 years old

That is not to say you can't have them on your roster, because yes, WWE has their "old timers" too, but it should be for nothing more than putting over younger guys.

I agree but AEW is atleast using those guys to get others over.

Big Show - too early to say
    Christian - too early to say
    Hardy - All he has been doing is putting people over. The Page feud and he is being used to spotlight Private Party
    Jericho - First Champion to get eyeballs but they've used him to draw eyes to MJF/Sammy/P&P.
    Dustin Rhodes - The Brooklyn Brawler of AEW basically.
    The First Man To Ever Win The World Title - The Prestige Title - The Chaos Championship in PWW History. I am The Face That Runs The Place Mario Freaking Bellz

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post

Big Show, 49 years old
    Christian, 47 years old
    Matt Hardy, 46 years old

I doubt you’re gonna see any of these guys win any major title other then the tag titles maybe. Do you really see anyway Christian or show go over omega?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    I doubt you’re gonna see any of these guys win any major title other then the tag titles maybe. Do you really see anyway Christian or show go over omega?
    Not when Omega is booked to be indestructible. Of all the matches on Sunday, due to the nature of their match, Moxley/Omega should have ended in a referee stoppage.
    Screw sabermetics.

Not when Omega is booked to be indestructible. Of all the matches on Sunday, due to the nature of their match, Moxley/Omega should have ended in a referee stoppage.
    No it shouldn’t of. Omega needs to go over. Having a stoppage makes him look weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    No it shouldn’t of. Omega needs to go over. Having a stoppage makes him look weak.

I did not mean to imply that the match would be stop because Omega could not continue, it would stop because NEITHER guy could continue. Given the nature of the match, that would have been a plausible ending.
    Screw sabermetics.

I love what AEW is doing but if there is one thing that annoys me is the amount of stables/Factions there are in the company.

Inner Circle
    Team Tazz
    Nightmare Family
    Unammed MJF faction
    The Dark Order
    kinda sorta Bullet Club.

Too many, imo. I love the idea of FTR/MJF/Wardlow and the former Tye Dillinger. AEW never used Inner Circle to it's fullest potential, they need not make the same mistake with MJF new faction. Moving forward they need dominate and destroy the other so-call factions in the company, until there is MJF's group. If done right, you can set course a rivalry between MFJ and Omega that could potentially be hot.
    Screw sabermetics.

I love what AEW is doing but if there is one thing that annoys me is the amount of stables/Factions there are in the company.

Inner Circle
    Team Tazz
    Nightmare Family
    Unammed MJF faction
    The Dark Order
    kinda sorta Bullet Club.

Too many, imo. I love the idea of FTR/MJF/Wardlow and the former Tye Dillinger. AEW never used Inner Circle to it's fullest potential, they need not make the same mistake with MJF new faction. Moving forward they need dominate and destroy the other so-call factions in the company, until there is MJF's group. If done right, you can set course a rivalry between MFJ and Omega that could potentially be hot.
    Wrestling is always better when there are factions , at least in my opinion. Look at the 90s and 00s. And Nightmare Family is not a faction https://www.sescoops.com/2021/02/cod...-is-a-faction/. Inner Circle needs to go their own ways by now I don't want to see a face IC
    The First Man To Ever Win The World Title - The Prestige Title - The Chaos Championship in PWW History. I am The Face That Runs The Place Mario Freaking Bellz

Quote Originally Posted by Bellz View Post
    Wrestling is always better when there are factions , at least in my opinion. Look at the 90s and 00s. And Nightmare Family is not a faction https://www.sescoops.com/2021/02/cod...-is-a-faction/. Inner Circle needs to go their own ways by now I don't want to see a face IC
    I agree that factions are needed. The hottest wrestling period of the past 50 years involved three of the greatest factions, n.W.o, 4horsemen and DX. I'm saying too many factions is a problem.

Nightmare Family has a wiki page as they considered that group a stable. (I know, I know, but still.) But I do think NF is on the verge of going away as Arn seems to be jumping to MJF factions, and QT Marshall seems to be slow burn a heel turn. I think NF is fading. I think Cody will reunite with Bullet Club before the end of the year, is my bold prediction.

I think the impending IC/MJF feud needs and will end with IC being done. I think after that, they need to run through Dark Order. But I would keep MJF and his faction away from Bullet Club till at minimum September, though I prefer they wait until 2022 to ignite that feud.

Team Tazz, I like as a group (even though I wish they would rename that group into something cooler). I want them to stay together as a tweener group. Team Tazz is the group I wish they would aligned Hangman with instead of Dark Order (who, imo, sadly is nothing more than a jobber faction without Brodie Lee)
    Screw sabermetics.

I'm very happy to see Kris Statlander return. There's not a lot of personality in the women's division in AEW (talented in-ring performers but most are lacking personality to me) so to get Kris back is a HUGE boost to the division.

The way they done the Inner Circle was a thing of beauty. When MJF open the door and see Jericho/Sammy/Ortiz/Santana standing there fuming, felt awesome to me. And to see MJF try to escape through the other door only to see Jake Hager standing there, was great.

Obviously Pinnacle will go over in this feud with Inner Circle most likely dissolving but it should be fun getting there.
    Screw sabermetics.

I love Omega the performer but him holding three major champions (AEW, IMPACT, AAA) is lazy booking to me. I get why they did it because more eyes will be on Omega than it would on Swann but it's still lazing in my opinion. Personally I would like to see Omega keep the IMPACT but lose the AEW belt soon.
    Screw sabermetics.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast