Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    They're going to be in the red for years. It's a startup. The business plan to make money is long term. They haven't run any TV or house shows yet. It's going to be a while until they make money.

Their deal with TNT gives them a 50/50 split for ad revenues. But they haven't aired TV yet.

They've probably made a little more money than they've expected so far with the attendances being solid and the PPV buys being strong. But they aren't coming anywhere close to making money.

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    They're going to be in the red for years. It's a startup. The business plan to make money is long term. They haven't run any TV or house shows yet. It's going to be a while until they make money.

Their deal with TNT gives them a 50/50 split for ad revenues. But they haven't aired TV yet.

They've probably made a little more money than they've expected so far with the attendances being solid and the PPV buys being strong. But they aren't coming anywhere close to making money.
    Is it? if thats true, thats actually a huge win for AEW, because they are not buying air time, thats one less expense. They just get the air time and split revenue with TNT.

I thought it was structured like the XFL deal where the XFL is purchasing air time to broadcast, while they keep all the revenue from advertisements.

First Sim League Title!

MJF suffered a severe elbow injury at FFTF and might miss All Out.

https://www.prowrestling.com/mjf-suf...or-the-fallen/
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    Is it? if thats true, thats actually a huge win for AEW, because they are not buying air time, thats one less expense. They just get the air time and split revenue with TNT.

I thought it was structured like the XFL deal where the XFL is purchasing air time to broadcast, while they keep all the revenue from advertisements.
    Nope, from what was reported AEW gets their production costs covered and a 50/50 ad split I think. They don’t buy tv time, they also aren’t getting like a dollar amount upfront I don’t think. I also read that tnt is spending about $500,000 a week in promoting the tv show, whatever that means. Fox spends $4 million per week on Smackdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Nope, from what was reported AEW gets their production costs covered and a 50/50 ad split I think. They don’t buy tv time, they also aren’t getting like a dollar amount upfront I don’t think. I also read that tnt is spending about $500,000 a week in promoting the tv show, whatever that means. Fox spends $4 million per week on Smackdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thats a great deal for AEW. Especially as a start up company. I honestly had no idea. That makes it easier to swallow these early financial losses before TV to help continue building the brand.

as far as money spent on advertising, remember, FOX says they are going to promote SD during Thursday NFL games and probably Sunday games too. Those are big time advertisement slots, probably the most expensive airtime in America due to the ratings.

First Sim League Title!

While the overall attendance for the event is said to be good, the news for the streaming audience for AEW Fight for the Fallen isn’t as great as it was for Double or Nothing or Fyter Fest. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that the show’s buys on FITE TV were down, although the revenue on FITE was about the same as Fyter Fest since there was a higher price for this event. There was a higher price because the added revenue would go to charity.

B/R Live numbers were down between 10-14%, depending on the category, in live viewership. Multiple factors could be blamed. One could be the fact that AEW ran an event only two weeks after Fyter Fest. While another could be the competition from WWE in the form of EVOLVE’s 10th anniversary show on the WWE Network, as well as AXS TV’s coverage of the NJPW G1 Climax 29 tournament.

However, the B/R Live audience was said to be consistent from the beginning to the end, as it never changed by more than around 500. There were 18,000 new subscriptions to the service that day, a number that officials were reportedly happy with. B/R Live executives were said to be “pleasantly caught off-guard” by the success of the last two AEW shows and the PPV numbers from Double or Nothing, especially with the increase in subscriptions every show. As noted, Double or Nothing drew about 39,000 PPV TV buys and 109,000 total mininum including international and streaming numbers.

First Sim League Title!

It’s the greatest news in the history of our sport. PWInsider reports that Tony Schiavone has signed a new del with All Elite Wrestling and will appear on the upcoming AEW show on TNT. It’s unknown how he will be involved on the program, but this will be his first appearance on TNT since WCW Monday Nitro ended in 2001.

The website notes that AEW actually beat WWE to the punch in this case, as WWE was attempting to sign Schiavone as late as this past Wednesday. Schiavone is currently signed to an MLW conract as well, and will continue to work with them. He’s previously made appearances on AEW’s ‘Road To’ shows previewing upcoming events.
    https://411mania.com/wrestling/tony-...r-on-tnt-show/

Looks like AEW won the battle over Tony Shiavone.

Been out of the wrestling loop for 3-4 years at this point, but definitely interested with what AEW has going on and will be likely watching All Out.

Speaking of... is ChevyJets40 one of their bookers with the PPV title? #never4get https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zm0-7Q5n2M

AEW signed Dustin Runnels to a multi-year deal. They also announced that they will be returning the the Sears Center for an episode of TV on Thanksgiving Eve.

Jericho has to win the strap. I know a lot of their fans know these wrestlers already but the casual fan still doesnt. The casual fan only watches whats on tv. Jericho needs to carry them into their launch then he can slowly start putting people over during the tenure of his contract.

WWE has to make some sort of joke out of this.
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    WWE has to make some sort of joke out of this.
    The 24/7 title needs to change hands at some generic steakhouse tonight. I would put the title on Drake early on in the show and have him take Michelle out to dinner to celebrate and hopefully consummate his marriage. R-Truth should come back to get the title but it disrupts Vince's dinner (since they're in NYC) so he suspends the rules during his meal. You just have R-Truth and other superstars swirling around and waiting. Hilarity ensues as Drake tries to escape.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

The next big AEW PPV is Full Gear Nov 9th at Baltimore.

Chris Jericho will defend the AEW Championship against Cody.

Kenny Omega vs Jon Moxley is finally happening.

Dear AEW,

Please save us wrestling fans from the hell we've been experiencing with WWE for some years now.

Respectfully,
    Timmmahhh

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112