Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I get what youíre saying and I canít argue against WWEís **** content.

For me it is an alternative because wwe is pretty much unwatchable at this point. You have amazing talent being buried while Shane o Mac gets 4 segments and a match in each main roster show. I canít stomach it anymore.

On a side note, rumours are that Rusev could be headed to AEW, and that Luke Harper is really good friends with Cody so if the WWE grants him his request to be released heíll be going there too. That would be two huge gets for AEW!!
    Harper's contract ends in March unfortunately. I don't see them granting his release.

The toughest thing that AEW would have to compete with would be the WWE Network. $10 a month to get all of that content and PPVs? Meanwhile, I'd have to shell out $50 for an AEW PPV alone.

But I don't think it will be competition or hurt WWE as much as AEW is providing a now viable and mainstream alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    I'm def with you on being tired of Shane, but I think he will be going on a extended absence starting soon. He has been going non-stop for close to a year now.
    I mean he can have a role, but to be 70% of the show is just brutal. Who wants to see Vince Jr over real talent like Harper or Rusev etc etc. We have real wrestlers back there we havenít seen in a long time but we get like 5 segments of Shane and Drew per show. Those are some of the guys Iíd love to see switch sides to AEW. Bray may not be far behind as Iím certain theyíll mess his new gimmick up and heíll be jobbing again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Harper's contract ends in March unfortunately. I don't see them granting his release.

The toughest thing that AEW would have to compete with would be the WWE Network. $10 a month to get all of that content and PPVs? Meanwhile, I'd have to shell out $50 for an AEW PPV alone.

But I don't think it will be competition or hurt WWE as much as AEW is providing a now viable and mainstream alternative.
    I don;t think every PPV will be 50$. Fyter Fest is free. I can't see them charging 50 for Fight for The Fallen. Since they are donating money to gun violence victims for that show, I could see them charging 10-20 for that show. All Out will be 50 for sure, we will see beyond that.
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

It seems WWE will hold talent hostage and not use them to prevent them from going to AEW.

What I mean about the WWE program is that itís an online platform where you can watch wrestling content at anytime. The point about that was that the platform has changed. In the 80ís all you could get was a cable deal and do live shows. Vince changed the industry by introducing paper views. Something AWA and NWA werenít doing at the time. Now you have the cable deals, paper views, and an online platform form. My point was that if AEW wants to grow eventually they will have to tackle the online platform as well. They canít stick to the 80s mold of simply having cable shows and paper view events. But that was looking at the business stand point from a broad scope. What they are focused on now is marketing and thatís what they should be doing, making people aware of the production and gaining interest, and selling out shows. Theyíll cross those bridges when they get there.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 06-27-2019 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    It seems WWE will hold talent hostage and not use them to prevent them from going to AEW.

What I mean about the WWE program is that itís an online platform where you can watch wrestling content at anytime. The point about that was that the platform has changed. In the 80ís all you could get was a cable deal and do live shows. Vince changed the industry by introducing paper views. Something AWA and NWA werenít doing at the time. Now you have the cable deals, paper views, and an online platform form. My point was that if AEW wants to grow eventually they will have to tackle the online platform as well. They canít stick to the 80s mold of simply having cable shows and paper view events. But that was looking at the business stand point from a broad scope. What they are focused on now is marketing and thatís what they should be doing, making people aware of the production and gaining interest, and selling out shows. Theyíll cross those bridges when they get there.
    Well with AEW partner with WarnerMedia now, and Warner wants to do a streaming service like Netflix, I'm hoping AEW will have stuff on WarnerMedia's streaming service. Maybe even have their PPV's on that service.
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    Well with AEW partner with WarnerMedia now, and Warner wants to do a streaming service like Netflix, I'm hoping AEW will have stuff on WarnerMedia's streaming service. Maybe even have their PPV's on that service.
    Cool, so it could already be in the works.

marychristine Guest
    With the news of bischoff and heyman.. who knows how things will change.
    Where are all the people who said Vince wasnt scared. Vince knows whats coming if he doesnt change **** up. So he did. Hopefully this is good news for talent.
    Last edited by marychristine; 06-27-2019 at 02:39 PM.

marychristine Guest
    They ****ed up

I liked Omegaís Akuma gimmick, that was cool.

So is Kenny Omega really gay ? I googled him after fyterfest cuz Ive never followed the Indy scene and it looks like he might be. Not that it matters, I just wasnít expecting that

Thereís always been rumors about it. Not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. 07-02-2019, 01:12 PM
    Reason
    Not appropriate - Rush

Ewww dude. Lol I woulda took your word for it

Fight for the Fallen is on the B/R App now and its listed for Free, so another free show from AEW!

Saturday night, July 13, heres the card so far.

The Young Bucks vs Rhodes Brothers

Cima vs Kenny Omega

Brandi Rhodes vs Allie

SCU vs Lucha Bros

Kip Sabian vs Adam Page

Darby Allin, Joey Janela, and Jimmy Havoc vs Sammy Guevara, MJF, and Shawn Spears

thats awesome

the only question I have is, isnt AEW losing money a lot of money by putting on these free shows? I dont have any financials to back up the claim, and I understand that Khans know they were probably going to lose money for the first year as they get AEW established, I guess I just wonder how much money?

Please correct me, but Fyter fest capacity was about 8,000? and from what I remember reading (again please correct me) the show did not sell out. Did CEO Gaming give some money to AEW for putting on the show?

Fight for the Fallen in Jax has a capacity of 5,500 and from what I remember reading its not sold out either, theres quite a few "standard tickets" for sale on ticketmaster.com

I know Conrad keeps saying he isnt a member of AEW and starrcast isnt AEW but id have to imagine low key it is and its helping fund AEW? As those starrcast have been BIG hits.

I know nothing about their TV deal, but I have to imagine its similar to the XFL TV deal where the network is allwoing the XFL to purchase air time from their networks and sell advertisements and keep that profit. I mean its possible that AEW got some money for their rights, but I just dont know, im assuming its got to be similar to XFL because its a start up company, but again I dont know.

I dont know the "salaries" or paid by appearance, however AEW is paying its talent. but lets say, its by apperance, and each talent gets 10,000 per show, AEW has 67 members on its roster, that means each show would cost them 670,000 not including production costs.

im spitballing here, but im just curious how AEW is generating income at the moment before they can sell advertising slots when they debut on TNT.

Im more curious than anything, either way, I will check out fight for the fallen.

First Sim League Title!

The capacity was Fyter Fest was 8,000, but they originally planned on the capacity being 3,000 and after it drew well they opened up more seats.

AEW is not purchasing air time with their deal.

The capacity was Fyter Fest was 8,000, but they originally planned on the capacity being 3,000 and after it drew well they opened up more seats.

AEW is not purchasing air time with their deal.

its fair to say then they are in the red by a lot at the moment?

I wonder how much money they are getting for advertising with the shows they have put on so far just to keep business moving and progressing before they can sell those advertisements on TV.

I wonder whats Khans limit before he says im not spending any more until I see a profit. Im sure they have a plan, and I know they already have all of this worked out before the launch. I am just wondering cause the gate and merch cant cover all the wrestlers fees for the date, on top of production costs and make a profit at the same time

can it?

First Sim League Title!

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast