Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    So I guess AEW is reviving the Bash at the Beach. The January 15 edition of Dynamite will be bash at the beach themed. For a company that isn't trying to be like WCW, they sure are doing a lot of WCW-esqe things.

https://www.f4wonline.com/aew-news/b...how-set-297601
    They never said they weren't trying to be like wcw. I honestly think people make **** up. Anyway how the hell is this a bad thing? It was one of the better things wcw did that wwe never would do that alot of fans wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    They never said they weren't trying to be like wcw. I honestly think people make **** up. Anyway how the hell is this a bad thing? It was one of the better things wcw did that wwe never would do that alot of fans wanted.
    Tony Khan, when asked about WCW comparisons:

I don’t want to compare us to any other wrestling company. We’re AEW and we’re doing something very different.
    Kenny Omega on the WCW Comparisons

I think the difference between ourselves and WCW, for example, is that we're not looking to compete with WWE. At least a big handful of us aren't. Other people may have their own motivations or whatever, but, for us, we're very much focused on just becoming the new wrestling alternative and I think in today's new world with digital streaming services and such, a lot of wrestling fans, they're going to watch everything anyway, and so I want people to enjoy [WWE's] product if that's what they're into. Enjoy it. Watch it. I'm never going to do anything to try and undermine what they do. I'm never going to say, 'Hey, this is a different take on what you did except we did it better,' or whatever.
    Those are the ones I can think of, I know Cody has said stuff about it in the past. So yeah, its not just me pulling **** out of the air, they have said they aren't trying to compare to WCW.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516