Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Results 301 to 313 of 313
  1. #301
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,489
    Rumors that Tessa is close to signing with AEW, and her husband Daga as well. dont care about Daga, but Tessa would be a huge addition to the women's division.

    Andrade has signed with AAA. which is a little strange since he was brought up thru mexicos other promotion CMLL. he called out AAA mega champion Kenny Omega for a match at Triplemania(AAA's wrestlemania basically). Triplemania has been held in August these past years. It would not surprise me to see Andrade pop in AEW around late june/early july.

    Too many what Ifs

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    6,207
    Quote Originally Posted by hizpcstr View Post
    Rumors that Tessa is close to signing with AEW, and her husband Daga as well. dont care about Daga, but Tessa would be a huge addition to the women's division.
    Her father is in AEW, so that does not surprise me.
    Screw sabermetics.

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    6,207
    I love Kenny Omega's talent. IMO, he's one of the top 3 wrestlers and "names" in wrestling in the world. But his cowardly heel act is sooooo beyond tiresome. I know AEW is slow burning this storyline to a point that whoever dethrones Kenny as AEW champ will become a major star out of it but his act is tiresome.

    I know AEW is probably building to either Hangman Page or Orange Cassidy dethroning Omega but I hope it's Brian Cage, to be honest. Omega/Cage would be a helluva rivalry.
    Screw sabermetics.

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    37,807
    I never understood the fascination with Omega. He looks like a goof and I have never liked his character. I just don't get it. There are a handful of people that would be better champions in AEW.

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    6,207
    Don't get me wrong, I love AEW and I do believe it's the far superior product over WWE (excluding NXT) but there are two things that is starting to get annoying to me: factions and The Elite always standing tall at the end of the show with no comeuppance or really any fight from faces.

    Some resistance from faces against the Elite would be nice.
    Screw sabermetics.

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love AEW and I do believe it's the far superior product over WWE (excluding NXT) but there are two things that is starting to get annoying to me: factions and The Elite always standing tall at the end of the show with no comeuppance or really any fight from faces.

    Some resistance from faces against the Elite would be nice.
    Hang man is coming at some point


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    6,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    Hang man is coming at some point


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would prefer Brian Cage but I understand why it's Hangman. I get that this group needs to be overpowering and difficult to stop, but the faces don't seem to put up much of a fight. Every week, it's The Elite closing out the show standing tall. A little more variety is needed.
    Screw sabermetics.

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    I would prefer Brian Cage but I understand why it's Hangman. I get that this group needs to be overpowering and difficult to stop, but the faces don't seem to put up much of a fight. Every week, it's The Elite closing out the show standing tall. A little more variety is needed.
    Cage isnít gonna be in the world title picture anytime soon


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    6,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    Cage isnít gonna be in the world title picture anytime soon


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know that but man they are dropping the ball with him. I know the feud with Team Tazz and the FTW belt is necessary for him but he's better than that, though. The sooner he targets wll gold, the better.
    Screw sabermetics.

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    6,207
    There are rumors popping up that Phillip Brooks is working out and getting back into wrestling shape with his eyes signing with AEW. He did once say there are "more interesting people" for him to wrestle in AEW than the WWE.

    I'm torn about this. On one hand, landing Phillip Brooks would be a coup....a real slap in the face to the WWE and makes a strong roster, even stronger. But on the other hand, there are already talented performers on their roster that is not being use to their fullest potential and adding Brooks would continue to fill up the roster. AEW is going to learn that if you sign too many, you'll eventually have to cut some talented people because you're paying certain people and not using them.
    Screw sabermetics.

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    16,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    There are rumors popping up that Phillip Brooks is working out and getting back into wrestling shape with his eyes signing with AEW. He did once say there are "more interesting people" for him to wrestle in AEW than the WWE.

    I'm torn about this. On one hand, landing Phillip Brooks would be a coup....a real slap in the face to the WWE and makes a strong roster, even stronger. But on the other hand, there are already talented performers on their roster that is not being use to their fullest potential and adding Brooks would continue to fill up the roster. AEW is going to learn that if you sign too many, you'll eventually have to cut some talented people because you're paying certain people and not using them.
    But, he is a "draw" and that is what is the most important thing in AEW/WWE right now. Yes, guys like Goldberg, John Cena, and Edge are part-timers. However, they are a "draw" and that is what fans want to see. WWE has had 3 events with fans so far, and those 3 got a crowd reaction that 99% of both rosters wished they ever could get. Whether it's AEW or WWE, if CM Punk's music hit the place would go bananas, even though Punk's best days are likely behind him.

    Even guys like The Rock and Undertaker; they could show up Friday on Smackdown and the place would come unglued.
    Eichel Tower

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,962
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    But, he is a "draw" and that is what is the most important thing in AEW/WWE right now. Yes, guys like Goldberg, John Cena, and Edge are part-timers. However, they are a "draw" and that is what fans want to see. WWE has had 3 events with fans so far, and those 3 got a crowd reaction that 99% of both rosters wished they ever could get. Whether it's AEW or WWE, if CM Punk's music hit the place would go bananas, even though Punk's best days are likely behind him.

    Even guys like The Rock and Undertaker; they could show up Friday on Smackdown and the place would come unglued.
    Aew got the some what same reaction when jungle boy won the casino battle royal. The fact that you guys just over look aew is funny there closer to the wwe then you seem to think.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    6,207
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    But, he is a "draw" and that is what is the most important thing in AEW/WWE right now. Yes, guys like Goldberg, John Cena, and Edge are part-timers. However, they are a "draw" and that is what fans want to see. WWE has had 3 events with fans so far, and those 3 got a crowd reaction that 99% of both rosters wished they ever could get. Whether it's AEW or WWE, if CM Punk's music hit the place would go bananas, even though Punk's best days are likely behind him.

    Even guys like The Rock and Undertaker; they could show up Friday on Smackdown and the place would come unglued.
    CM Punk signing with AEW would be bigger news than Undertaker/Rock or Cena returning to WWE. And CM Punk is a legitimate draw. Punk/Omega is so good of an idea for a feud that it could/should/would head Wrestlemania. Most of my attention is on AEW right now, with WWE more "Catch the review on Bleacher report" kind of thing.
    Screw sabermetics.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •