Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Nathaniel Hackett (fired as OC of the Jags this season) and Steve Sarkisian (fired as OC of the Falcons this season) in the mix for the OC job.

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Nathaniel Hackett (fired as OC of the Jags this season) and Steve Sarkisian (fired as OC of the Falcons this season) in the mix for the OC job.

wouldn't mind the Jags OC. he had the Jags offense playing nice last season. offense is centered around power running and deep passing. the entire team was a dumpster fire this season

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    wouldn't mind the Jags OC. he had the Jags offense playing nice last season. offense is centered around power running and deep passing. the entire team was a dumpster fire this season
    Which is something this forum has been *****ing about for a while now. I am not a fan mof the choice but I see the value especially if they can strengthen the RG/RT and RB's. Who knows, maybe swing a trade for Fournette if he and the Jags can't get along?

"Former #Lions OC Jim Bob Cooter is slated to interview for the #Browns OC job, source said. His work with Matthew Stafford during the 2017 season stands out. Now, potentially Baker Mayfield."

Seeing this pro-Jim Bob craziness everywhere today.

Nick Chubb up the middle all day.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Nick Chubb up the middle all day.
    Chubb up the middle is the perfect way for a franchise to get ****ed

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    I need to stop posting via voice text.
    I'm usually good at decoding voice text mistakes but that one threw me for a loop haha

"Former #Lions OC Jim Bob Cooter is slated to interview for the #Browns OC job, source said. His work with Matthew Stafford during the 2017 season stands out. Now, potentially Baker Mayfield."

Seeing this pro-Jim Bob craziness everywhere today.
    The NFL is a league where change is not liked. Most teams hire re-treads over and over and over again because quite frankly I think very few of these management types are actually AMAZING at their jobs. They're just guessing like we are.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    The NFL is a league where change is not liked. Most teams hire re-treads over and over and over again because quite frankly I think very few of these management types are actually AMAZING at their jobs. They're just guessing like we are.
    Yep, a ton of dudes trying to copy what's the in thing, and when you don't do that you just settle for the leftovers. Teams spent 15 years copying Belichick (hence why dudes are still failing from his tree -- nobody learns), and now are gonna spend the next few years copying McVay. Yanno what's funny? Both those hires were damn near unanimously trashed at the time, but after the immediate success people just decided they wanted them. It's amazing how stupid FOs/Owners are in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Zspooner View Post
    Yep, a ton of dudes trying to copy what's the in thing, and when you don't do that you just settle for the leftovers. Teams spent 15 years copying Belichick (hence why dudes are still failing from his tree -- nobody learns), and now are gonna spend the next few years copying McVay. Yanno what's funny? Both those hires were damn near unanimously trashed at the time, but after the immediate success people just decided they wanted them. It's amazing how stupid FOs/Owners are in this league.
    Yeah it's crazy and it feels like it happens way more often in the NFL than the other pro sports. Like, I feel like I know if an NBA coach is good. I honestly can't tell with some NFL coaches. I know andy reid is good. I know McVay is good. I have ****ing clue if Mike Mcarthy is good for example. Maybe he is...or maybe Rodgers carried him for years. I literally have no clue.

Todd Monken in for OC interview.

HIRE THIS MAN

Monken: “We don’t need more 5-yard plays. Who needs more 5-yard plays? How can we be explosive? That’s what the game is about, man. People like big plays. I like big plays."

In a dream world, my ideal NFL team is a beast of a defense with a guy like Alstott, Jamal Lewis or Jerome Bettis chewing up yards and crushing the spirit of the other team.

But in this nightmare we all live as Lions fans, we're stuck with a Stafford and NEED to let him throw the ball.

HIRE THIS MAN

Monken: “We don’t need more 5-yard plays. Who needs more 5-yard plays? How can we be explosive? That’s what the game is about, man. People like big plays. I like big plays."
    He went to Grand Valley! Come home!

HIRE THIS MAN

i've been reading up on possible OC's and he's gotta be my fav target. this quote just supports my feelings. he had the Bucs as one of the top offense last season

HIRE THIS MAN

I like the quite, where is he from??
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast