Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Elephant in the Room Cowboy fans - Sean Lee

It seems nobody wants to say it but if you look objectively and listen to football experts that study the All 22 film (various podcasts) it has become painfully clear that Sean Lee is a defensive liability and should only be played in the playoffs if absolutely necessary due to injury or a brief rest for LVE. Joe Thomas actually looked a lot sharper and quicker. The bad thing about Sean since his return is not only does he look slower (understandable) but he also looks profoundly confused in the defensive scheme. Our current young duo is simply too good to take off the field during the playoffs other than a quick rest. I say this with all due respect to what a great player he has been for the Cowboys. I hope Jerry keeps him in the organization as a LB coach to start-out with potential D coordinator role not too far down the road. For anyone who watched All or Nothing on Amazon Prime you will see what I am talking about with regard to coaching potential however in the immediate he should be kept off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    It seems nobody wants to say it but if you look objectively and listen to football experts that study the All 22 film (various podcasts) it has become painfully clear that Sean Lee is a defensive liability and should only be played in the playoffs if absolutely necessary due to injury or a brief rest for LVE. Joe Thomas actually looked a lot sharper and quicker. The bad thing about Sean since his return is not only does he look slower (understandable) but he also looks profoundly confused in the defensive scheme. Our current young duo is simply too good to take off the field during the playoffs other than a quick rest. I say this with all due respect to what a great player he has been for the Cowboys. I hope Jerry keeps him in the organization as a LB coach to start-out with potential D coordinator role not too far down the road. For anyone who watched All or Nothing on Amazon Prime you will see what I am talking about with regard to coaching potential however in the immediate he should be kept off the field.
    The first part wouldn’t surprise me, but the second just makes no sense with what we know of Sean Lee. Like you said this guy is essentially a player coach when he’s on the field.

I’d need to see some of this all - 22 tape but even then I wouldn’t be surprised if these ‘lapses’ are merely physical limitations or small sample size issues.

I agree he’s your backup LB, and that’s how I think they will approach trying to retain him next year in a cost friendly deal. And with Lee, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him work all the way with them to make that happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

I think Lee has a bit of rust, but should bounce back. He's still very good, I hope he can give us another year honestly

No Lee was horrible on his 3 plays. They got him out of there just in the nick of time.