Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Well, so far we've lost Crowder,Smith, and Ty Nsekhe and picked up Collins, Keenum........not good

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    He was cut or waived by 3 of his first 4 teams. You like to point out past history for everyone, you think that could possibly be a tell about his attitude?
    Yes, and one of those teams picked him up again.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, this is Jay Gruden's paying for his past sins. He had Wade Phillips signed, sealed and delivered, he just needed to put the bow on the package. Instead, Gruden takes Phillips into the video room and embarrasses him. Then he hires Joe Barry, who is a crony hire from their days in Tampa Bay. Once Barry proves ineffective, Gruden has to name another defensive coordinator, but since he's on the hot seat and could be fired at any moment, he has to settle for Greg Manusky, the in house candidate who has been woefully ineffective as a DC in his previous stops. So if Gruden had hired someone competent to begin with, you don't have this problem. Swearinger just wants to win and have a winning culture. I see that and agree with it 100%, but it runs counter to how Snyder has run this team.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Well, so far we've lost Crowder,Smith, and Ty Nsekhe and picked up Collins, Keenum........not good
    Wish we could've kept Crowder, but the writing was on the wall for that one, especially with Trey Quinn on the roster. I'm not concerned about Preston Smith- there are plenty of edge rushers in this draft- and he was way too inconsistent. He would go through stretches where he was blistering hot, and then stretches where it seemed he was on the bench because you never saw him near the QB. Given his contract, the Packers are going to regret that one. The drafting of Geron Christian meant Nsekhe probably wouldn't return either, though given how terrible our strength and conditioning team is, I thought Nsekhe would be back because we've proven to need plenty of OL depth to make it through a season.

What do you guys think of that article about trading for Linebacker Darron Lee? I know he and Foster are both troubled, but they would compliment each other well and you can't deny the youth and talent would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Yes, and one of those teams picked him up again.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, this is Jay Gruden's paying for his past sins. He had Wade Phillips signed, sealed and delivered, he just needed to put the bow on the package. Instead, Gruden takes Phillips into the video room and embarrasses him. Then he hires Joe Barry, who is a crony hire from their days in Tampa Bay. Once Barry proves ineffective, Gruden has to name another defensive coordinator, but since he's on the hot seat and could be fired at any moment, he has to settle for Greg Manusky, the in house candidate who has been woefully ineffective as a DC in his previous stops. So if Gruden had hired someone competent to begin with, you don't have this problem. Swearinger just wants to win and have a winning culture. I see that and agree with it 100%, but it runs counter to how Snyder has run this team.
    He was picked up by the only team that didn't cut or waive him. As far as the player, DJ was good, ill even say pretty good. But we don't need knuckleheads going public about the coaching staff after every loss, I would think everyone would agree, but I guess not.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

He was picked up by the only team that didn't cut or waive him. As far as the player, DJ was good, ill even say pretty good. But we don't need knuckleheads going public about the coaching staff after every loss, I would think everyone would agree, but I guess not.
    Normally I would, but at least Swearinger was putting his name on everything and wanted to create a winning culture. How many "anonymous" leaks have we had over the years in regards to everything? I guarantee you a lot of those are players, so I'm glad Swearinger attempted to do the right thing and put his comments out in public. All of the comments about how we don't practice hard, etc, again, I place all of this at feet of Jay Gruden.

Normally I would, but at least Swearinger was putting his name on everything and wanted to create a winning culture. How many "anonymous" leaks have we had over the years in regards to everything? I guarantee you a lot of those are players, so I'm glad Swearinger attempted to do the right thing and put his comments out in public. All of the comments about how we don't practice hard, etc, again, I place all of this at feet of Jay Gruden.
    Whats your opinion about the 6-3 start last year? Honestly... youre bashing Gruden in every post, so surely you wont give him any credit for it, but Im interested in hearing what you have to say.

I guess we stopped practicing hard when Alex Smith went down bc that's when we started losing and DJ started running his mouth. I guess Gruden just decided to pack it in after that happened, and if that's the case yes I agree. Maybe Gruden should benched him for dabbing up Clinton Dix immediately picking off Alex Smith in the Green Bay game last year.
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 03-13-2019 at 12:42 PM.

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

AP resigned 2 year deal worth 8mil... don't know the details

Thomas blast in 3...2...1...
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 03-13-2019 at 03:00 PM.

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

Mo Harris ,Zack Brown, Stacey McGee all released.......gonna be a lot of new faces this year..

White Sox & Redskins Forever

AP resigned 2 year deal worth 8mil... don't know the details

Thomas blast in 3...2...1...
    Why? It's a move that makes sense. You can't count on Guice to make it through a full season carrying the ball 20-plus times returning from a blown out knee, and you cant rely on Thompson to stay healthy either. Peterson's the best talent we've had here in some time (counting entire career) and early on, he reinvented himself as a pass-catcher. $4 million AAV is a bargain. I've been saying elsewhere that that was a move they needed to make, whether or not they were planning to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Mo Harris ,Zack Brown, Stacey McGee all released.......gonna be a lot of new faces this year..
    Technically, Mo Harris wasn't tendered a contract, same with Fat Rob. Brown and McGee only save $8 million against the cap, but at least with McGee we have enough DL depth not to need a replacement.

Whats your opinion about the 6-3 start last year? Honestly... youre bashing Gruden in every post, so surely you wont give him any credit for it, but Im interested in hearing what you have to say.

I guess we stopped practicing hard when Alex Smith went down bc that's when we started losing and DJ started running his mouth. I guess Gruden just decided to pack it in after that happened, and if that's the case yes I agree. Maybe Gruden should benched him for dabbing up Clinton Dix immediately picking off Alex Smith in the Green Bay game last year.
    I really liked how the defense played, especially the defensive line. Yes, we've invested our first round pick in each of the past two seasons so we should have good defensive line play, but Allen looks to be the part of a top 5 overall draft talent. DaRon Payne showed more than just run-stopping ability. Ionaddis is definitely a find, and an extension candidate next year. We also see how a defense performs when the offense is able to control the clock.

That being said, I can't really explain the success of the offense, especially when Alex Smith was below average last season. He was 27th in QB rating, 29th in completion percentage. He avoided throwing interceptions moreso than any other QB I can remember, and he was mobile enough to avoid a lot of pressure, and had a strong running game.

I know a lot of people say that we should've won the Colts game, and while that's true, we also let Dakota run wild on us in our home game against Dallas and were a missed field goal away from OT, and probably losing with how hot Dakota was. It's why we play the games.

What I don't like about Jay Gruden is that he's proven year after year that he struggles with clock and time out management, struggles to make half-time adjustments and refuses to give up playcalling duties. Our best offensive season came from another coach calling plays. Maybe, just maybe, we should let the offensive coordinator be the offensive coordinator, and the head coach be the head coach. He also hires nearly exclusively from the Buccaneers coaching tree he shares with his brother, to the detriment of actually being able to secure Wade Phillips. We also continually see this team suffer from injuries year after year after year, and we have yet to make wholesale changes to the S&C staff and/or the regiment that is assigned to the players. Mike Clark was one of the best S&C coordinators we had, but he got fired so Gruden's buddy Englehart could get the job, and we see that he's apparently in over his head.

Also, the team doesn't practice hard, which leads to some of the uneven effort we've seen over the years. I'm not asking for the players to take full control like they do in New England (which would be nice) but it's widely known that Gruden is a player's coach and that practices are soft.

I also don't understand why we didn't sign a legitimate fullback for the roster, since AD has always played in an offense with one. We had Ryan Anderson for a couple plays, but that was about it. If you get a game-changer like Peterson, you should be adapting your roster to fit his strengths, not trying to pigeon-hole the player into your offense. I think AD performs way better with that FB on the roster than without, and if he's going to be here two more seasons, that is an investment that needs to be made. It's also the reason that Gruden never seems to convert the first down when trying to run out the clock, and the other offense seemingly always has one last chance. The Patriots with a fullback ran the clock down in the Super Bowl and secured the win. That's why you have that player, to get out in front and secure a few extra yards per play.

I really liked how the defense played, especially the defensive line. Yes, we've invested our first round pick in each of the past two seasons so we should have good defensive line play, but Allen looks to be the part of a top 5 overall draft talent. DaRon Payne showed more than just run-stopping ability. Ionaddis is definitely a find, and an extension candidate next year. We also see how a defense performs when the offense is able to control the clock.

That being said, I can't really explain the success of the offense, especially when Alex Smith was below average last season. He was 27th in QB rating, 29th in completion percentage. He avoided throwing interceptions moreso than any other QB I can remember, and he was mobile enough to avoid a lot of pressure, and had a strong running game.

I know a lot of people say that we should've won the Colts game, and while that's true, we also let Dakota run wild on us in our home game against Dallas and were a missed field goal away from OT, and probably losing with how hot Dakota was. It's why we play the games.

What I don't like about Jay Gruden is that he's proven year after year that he struggles with clock and time out management, struggles to make half-time adjustments and refuses to give up playcalling duties. Our best offensive season came from another coach calling plays. Maybe, just maybe, we should let the offensive coordinator be the offensive coordinator, and the head coach be the head coach. He also hires nearly exclusively from the Buccaneers coaching tree he shares with his brother, to the detriment of actually being able to secure Wade Phillips. We also continually see this team suffer from injuries year after year after year, and we have yet to make wholesale changes to the S&C staff and/or the regiment that is assigned to the players. Mike Clark was one of the best S&C coordinators we had, but he got fired so Gruden's buddy Englehart could get the job, and we see that he's apparently in over his head.

Also, the team doesn't practice hard, which leads to some of the uneven effort we've seen over the years. I'm not asking for the players to take full control like they do in New England (which would be nice) but it's widely known that Gruden is a player's coach and that practices are soft.

I also don't understand why we didn't sign a legitimate fullback for the roster, since AD has always played in an offense with one. We had Ryan Anderson for a couple plays, but that was about it. If you get a game-changer like Peterson, you should be adapting your roster to fit his strengths, not trying to pigeon-hole the player into your offense. I think AD performs way better with that FB on the roster than without, and if he's going to be here two more seasons, that is an investment that needs to be made. It's also the reason that Gruden never seems to convert the first down when trying to run out the clock, and the other offense seemingly always has one last chance. The Patriots with a fullback ran the clock down in the Super Bowl and secured the win. That's why you have that player, to get out in front and secure a few extra yards per play.
    Pretty simple. The offense didn't have much success, and they really didnt need to. When the defense plays well having a solid running game and a QB that doesn't turn the ball over will win you games, or at least keep you in them... you don't need to call home run plays and have an overly impressive offense. QBs got hurt, O-Linemen got hurt and we had half a starting lineup that consisted of mostly guys that were sitting at home on their couches week 1. I would have loved to see how the season would have played out had we stayed somewhat healthy.

I think you might think I think Gruden is our savior or something, which I don't. I think hes done as good if not better than anyone else would have given the circumstances of working for Danny Boy and the injuries. If we were to get rid of him, I don't think we would find anyone better to take the job because now its known the head coach of the redskins will have minimal input in what actually happens.

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

https://riggosrag.com/2019/03/13/rep...ash-mentioned/

I don't know how true any of this is, but I would be interested

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

https://riggosrag.com/2019/03/13/rep...ash-mentioned/

I don't know how true any of this is, but I would be interested
    The national guys said we were in on Antonio Brown to the end. That would definitely put us in play for AJ Green, however, his attitude is the opposite of Brown and a lot of teams would be in play for him. One thing that worries me is that he will turn 31 in training camp, and played in 10 games in 2016 and 9 games in 2018. Age and injury concerns are big red flags. However, as a Georgia fan I do like the player and feel a 2nd-3rd rounder would be appropriate compensation.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast