Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    I prefer Richards, but have a feeling Flores will get the job. I dont know much about Caldwell as an OC. I don't know if that's good or bad. As long as Burke is shown the door I'll be happy with either guy as HC I guess.
    Last edited by georgiadolfan; 01-10-2019 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Screwed by autocorrect

So the Dolphins are interviewing Rizzi right now, but for some reason they're also going to interview Loggains tonight for the HC gig.

Really hoping this is just Grier trying to scare me into liking Flores because this makes zero sense.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

The fact that no one even knew about Loggains was getting an interview today makes me feel like no one actually knows who the top choice is at HC. The Dolphins are trying to keep this as tight lipped as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    The fact that no one even knew about Loggains was getting an interview today makes me feel like no one actually knows who the top choice is at HC. The Dolphins are trying to keep this as tight lipped as possible.
    I agree with the bold, but not the rest...

IMO, they have an idea of who doesn't want the job and who wants the job from this most recent group... I don't think it's about being tight lipped, rather it's about choosing correctly out of the remaining names...

I also think a big sticking point is who the candidates want to bring on to the staff... Will it be a complete overhaul or does Grier have some favorite's for the staff...??? I have no problem with how long it takes to find the right guy... It's been way too long of horrible HC's...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Well we obviously know who the finalists are in the coaching search, but what I meant by being tight lipped is that every report that's coming out is people saying "my gut". Also every other day has someone saying Richard or Flores is the favorite. Yesterday it was Flores, day before it was Richard, before that Flores. It just seems like we know the Dolphins like both and havent made a firm decision either way.

Btw Rizzi's interview is still going on and started at 9am today. This lines up with the idea that we had a bunch of quick intro interviews and still have the 2nd interview wave going forward.

3 yards per carry just reported that there is no front runner for the HC Vacancy and that the team still wants to do a round of 2nd interviews. They're also the group that reported Richard is expected to get a 2nd interview.

If they're correct then it's exactly like I thought. They have a group of favorites that they like, and are flip flopping on which one they like more at the moment. Its explain why every day has a different person reporting who the favorite is.

Lol and literally minutes after that report from them and after they completed the interview with Rizzi and Loggains, the news comes out that Flores is the top candidate now and the guy the Dolphins want. This is coming from the top national guys like Rapaport and Breer so it seems like Flores is ours.

Bottomline is they are finally taking their time to find the best fit... IMO there isn't a front runner... IMO, it comes down to staff choices and how they fit in with the returning roster... I'd be happy if this HC decision is the last one after the Super Bowl... That's just me...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

I think Vegas still has Rizzi with the best odds... Correct me if I'm wrong...
    Last edited by Forever35; 01-11-2019 at 08:29 PM.

Reggie Lewis

According to a source, several teams have expressed interest in hiring Dolphins special teams coordinator Darren Rizzi, who is highly regarded internally. A decision by Rizzi isnít considered imminent.

Would be shocked if he stayed in Miami. And definitely wouldn't be shocked to see him join the Jets to join Gase just to stick it to us 😑😒

Seeing him go to the Jets would be rough. I mean I wouldnt be surprised if he was pissed that the interview ended and reports of Flores just started rolling in. Could see a Campbell situation for sure. But we could have spent most of the day trying to convince him to stay on board with Flores (although that would concern me about spending so much time with Loggains).

Btw we will know for sure who we're going after on Monday with the cowboys losing tonight. Although Beasley is saying Dennis Allen would be the backup to Flores.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Still waiting .. and hoping whoever it is can turn this franchise around
    Seriously.

NO hunger Foul
    Highest scoring points
    regular season Champ
    2012 PSD Fantasy football Champion

No Hunger Foul
    2x Def-con1 Squad Champion(1000$ League)
    Highest scoring points
    2011 and 2012 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Seeing him go to the Jets would be rough. I mean I wouldnt be surprised if he was pissed that the interview ended and reports of Flores just started rolling in. Could see a Campbell situation for sure. But we could have spent most of the day trying to convince him to stay on board with Flores (although that would concern me about spending so much time with Loggains).

Btw we will know for sure who we're going after on Monday with the cowboys losing tonight. Although Beasley is saying Dennis Allen would be the backup to Flores.
    One of the only serious candidates (outside scrubs like Loggains) that I would absolutely hate. Please, no to Dennis Allen, yes to Flores/Richard/Beineimy.

Guys its going to be Flores, like everyone has pretty much confirmed this at this time. The only way this doesn't happen is a surprise firing or he says no.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast