Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Yeah that's what I meant. Off the list of players who you expect to contribute in any fashion next year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Ya I mean, at this point hes a guy that could be the difference tbh in a late season push, hed be ready by week 8 or 9 and if youre integrating a talent like that mid season that could change the projection of a team

But I wouldnt take him in the first 4 rounds because we have a huge need on this team of improving overall team athleticism but in round 6? I actually think if we took him in those later rounds hed be important

I think he only slips a round or two though tbh. Round 3 or 4

Well, I guess we can cross Bryce Love off the list. Tore his ACL in the season finale.
    I wouldn't rule him out. The eagles took a chance on Sidney Jones, if they are also in love with bryce love then I could see them taking him later in the draft (normally a 2nd-3rd round pick, maybe he falls to the 4th or 5th and at that point, why not).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I wouldn't rule him out. The eagles took a chance on Sidney Jones, if they are also in love with bryce love then I could see them taking him later in the draft (normally a 2nd-3rd round pick, maybe he falls to the 4th or 5th and at that point, why not).

Well, if that vein, the Sydney Jones thing isn't working out. We are two years in and he's continued to be injury prone and shown little on the field. Im not sure that's working in Loves favor.

I'd take him in the late 5th or 6th. He will probably go before that. I'd say let someone else take that plunge. He had a mediocre year as is. Add in an injury and I'll pass.

We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

The problem with Stanford backs is they get run into the ground. They get so many carries and tbh running back is probably the only position in football that college starts the body clock ticking faster than every other position

Well, if that vein, the Sydney Jones thing isn't working out. We are two years in and he's continued to be injury prone and shown little on the field. Im not sure that's working in Loves favor.

I'd take him in the late 5th or 6th. He will probably go before that. I'd say let someone else take that plunge. He had a mediocre year as is. Add in an injury and I'll pass.

I'm not disagreeing that Sidney Jones hasn't worked out so far, that wasn't my point. My point is that this eagles front office has before taken a chance on a talented player that sustained a major injury. I could see them doing the same again. The eagles also supposedly liked jaylon Smith as well but the cowboys picked him up before the eagles had the chance.

And this honestly isn't even about bryce love tbh, I don't really know much about the guy, it's just that I could definitely see the eagles draft a guy that they like regardless of injury because they have shown that they are willing to do it before. If they are in love with any particular prospect (like they were with sidney Jones), I could see them thinking that it's good value to take the spec 2-3 rounds later.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    The problem with Stanford backs is they get run into the ground. They get so many carries and tbh running back is probably the only position in football that college starts the body clock ticking faster than every other position
    Agreed

Your baby can't do this

I'm not disagreeing that Sidney Jones hasn't worked out so far, that wasn't my point. My point is that this eagles front office has before taken a chance on a talented player that sustained a major injury. I could see them doing the same again. The eagles also supposedly liked jaylon Smith as well but the cowboys picked him up before the eagles had the chance.

And this honestly isn't even about bryce love tbh, I don't really know much about the guy, it's just that I could definitely see the eagles draft a guy that they like regardless of injury because they have shown that they are willing to do it before. If they are in love with any particular prospect (like they were with sidney Jones), I could see them thinking that it's good value to take the spec 2-3 rounds later.

All of that was before Sydney Jones though, coming in, consistently being hurt, and adding little to the team so far. I would not be surprised if Jones has made them much more gun-shy. Especially missing on Pumphrey as well.

At this point, the Eagles need to hit on a RB in the draft. If Love is sitting there in the late 5th? Alright...I'm cool with taking that shot in the dark.

But it's time for the team to stop with the rotating table of UDFA RBs as well. Clement had some shining spots. Adams has as well. But neither are overly interesting as anything but specifically-planned-role-player-depth. They have done a nice job finding those. We need a lead back.

Like I said, I'm all about some Benny Snell. Now, I'll admit, I'm a UK alumn, and a massive UK fan. That said, Snell has a defined skill set that stands out: he runs amazingly hard and has lead the country in yards after contact two years running, in the SEC, and only Herschel Walker has found the endzone more often than Snell as RBs prior to senior year. I think he's a better version of Derek Henry. That's who I'd love to see here.

We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Im with you, clement was terrible this year and I was never high on Adams, I never liked how he ran

I do think the eagles have actually tried to have good RBs, signed Blount, traded for Ajayi

But truth is they got caught in a bad position with Ajayi and sproles both got hurt early and clement who Im sure they thought more of because of his surprise last year really looked slow this year

Eagles have to improve the talent there

All of that was before Sydney Jones though, coming in, consistently being hurt, and adding little to the team so far. I would not be surprised if Jones has made them much more gun-shy. Especially missing on Pumphrey as well.

At this point, the Eagles need to hit on a RB in the draft. If Love is sitting there in the late 5th? Alright...I'm cool with taking that shot in the dark.

But it's time for the team to stop with the rotating table of UDFA RBs as well. Clement had some shining spots. Adams has as well. But neither are overly interesting as anything but specifically-planned-role-player-depth. They have done a nice job finding those. We need a lead back.

Like I said, I'm all about some Benny Snell. Now, I'll admit, I'm a UK alumn, and a massive UK fan. That said, Snell has a defined skill set that stands out: he runs amazingly hard and has lead the country in yards after contact two years running, in the SEC, and only Herschel Walker has found the endzone more often than Snell as RBs prior to senior year. I think he's a better version of Derek Henry. That's who I'd love to see here.

Agreed on moving on from the rotating running backs. The eagles need a feature back that can stay in most of the offensive snaps. I think the eagles need to hit on a running back this draft. I almost expect a 2nd or 3rd to be used on a running back. I think they will value receiving though, maybe Josh Jacobs of Alabama, didn't play a lot due to being in a rotation but he's done very good in his time there and is a good receiver. IDK much about this Snell guy but looking him up real quick, guy kinda reminds me of marshon lynch. A guy that just refuses to go down. Can he catch? If he can't, it's fine if he's a good blocker which is just as important imo.

Your baby can't do this

Agreed on moving on from the rotating running backs. The eagles need a feature back that can stay in most of the offensive snaps. I think the eagles need to hit on a running back this draft. I almost expect a 2nd or 3rd to be used on a running back. I think they will value receiving though, maybe Josh Jacobs of Alabama, didn't play a lot due to being in a rotation but he's done very good in his time there and is a good receiver. IDK much about this Snell guy but looking him up real quick, guy kinda reminds me of marshon lynch. A guy that just refuses to go down. Can he catch? If he can't, it's fine if he's a good blocker which is just as important imo.

I like Jacobs. He has an...Alvin Kamara vibe. Not so much in stature or fully the way he plays but in that there's a lot of talent there but he just didn't get a ton of run in the SEC and on his team, so its a bit of an unknown.

On Snell, I can't quite say if he can catch or not, UK didn't really let him do that. Their offense the last two years was basically "Snell up the middle" 25 times a game. He *can* pass block. I can say that. But Kentucky didn't really utilize any of their RB's in the passing game. Some of his 2018 highlights here. I don't think there's a single pass reception in there, but like I said, they don't use their RB's in that way. Most of his TD's usually have the words "breaks a tackle" within the call]

And Lynch is probably a great comparison. In more ways than one. Snell is very...animated and is very much a character. Thankfully he's not a *bad* character. But he's very...big when it comes to his personality To say the least...

He has "Snell Yeah" tattooed all across his stomach in massive lettering. For example. And if breaking tackles is his number 1 skill set, his 2nd best skill set would appear to be finding the camera in the middle of the game and showing off that tattoo, or smiling at it, or winking at it...multiple times a game sometimes.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 01-12-2019 at 02:10 PM.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Which RB would be a better fit in the Eagles offense. Snell from Kentucky or Henderson from Memphis? Right now I probably prefer Henderson.

Alabama running backs always concern me. Theyre the opposite of Stanford backs, but they have a similar result. Seems like their success rate is limited

Though there has been some like Ingram and Henry

But then you have your yeldons, lacys

I guess you could argue that with any school but I do have my concerns

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Which RB would be a better fit in the Eagles offense. Snell from Kentucky or Henderson from Memphis? Right now I probably prefer Henderson.
    Id draft Snell tbh, but I would consider Henderson in a later round

Having both would be quite the haul as both are kinda polar opposites but still down hill runners

As long as we get a starting LG, and a starting RB, and an athletic DB and ideally a speed WR then idc what we do

Id like a big fast CB on the roster. Guy whos 5-11+ runs a 4.4 40 and is roughly 200lbs

I do think just by having Jernigan back and Barnett back youre looking at an improved defense out of the gate

Need to get some more depth on the interior DL though

Id say fix the running game, add to the offensive line, and get a speedy WR and the offense is relatively fixed

Thats really all wentz needs to be successful.

But that depends on foles. If we get a nice haul for foles then tbh Id change my whole stance. Id really fill this team out like crazy

Imagine having a 1st, 3 2nd round picks, and recoup the 3rd and have a 4th

Thatd go a long way towards the eagles recapturing division supremacy

I like Jacobs. He has an...Alvin Kamara vibe. Not so much in stature or fully the way he plays but in that there's a lot of talent there but he just didn't get a ton of run in the SEC and on his team, so its a bit of an unknown.

On Snell, I can't quite say if he can catch or not, UK didn't really let him do that. Their offense the last two years was basically "Snell up the middle" 25 times a game. He *can* pass block. I can say that. But Kentucky didn't really utilize any of their RB's in the passing game. Some of his 2018 highlights here. I don't think there's a single pass reception in there, but like I said, they don't use their RB's in that way. Most of his TD's usually have the words "breaks a tackle" within the call]

And Lynch is probably a great comparison. In more ways than one. Snell is very...animated and is very much a character. Thankfully he's not a *bad* character. But he's very...big when it comes to his personality To say the least...

He has "Snell Yeah" tattooed all across his stomach in massive lettering. For example. And if breaking tackles is his number 1 skill set, his 2nd best skill set would appear to be finding the camera in the middle of the game and showing off that tattoo, or smiling at it, or winking at it...multiple times a game sometimes.
    Geez.. that run @ 2:25, wow.. I could see that on the eagles. They need a red zone back and that'd be hella nice to have. The patience there to let his blocker set up that block, that looked hella good. Yeah I'm a fan of that guy. His projection is 2nd-3rd round, no? I'd take him in that area

Your baby can't do this

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678