Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Interesting... As for the bold, I definitely saw him not as a players coach when he went full on HC tyrant early on...

As for the other bold... Gase should have been canned and given a first class ticket to his mom's house for turkey day leftovers...
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Good post.

I would like to add something. Gase would have to change who he is as a person. He seems to be over dominate and over bearing and I think its telling that he seems to alienate his better players. I dont know if someone can make that change.
    I agree with both of these comments from you guys. I think the turning point for Gse was that Ravens loss last year. That was the point that he stopped taking accountability for his problems and blamed the players. It was always someone else's fault and never him or his guys like Cutler and Tannehill. I also think never having anyone in the organization that calls him on his **** hurt him as well. If he goes somewhere like Cleveland where it's clearly John Dorseys team then maybe he can make it work.

When Gase is on point his play calling is great. He knows how to be aggressive and can create plenty of big plays. But his problem is that he doesnt seem to know how to coach the small stuff and how to make the easy things work. He wasted two years trying to build with what he had here and eventually tried to get rid of some players who argued with him by calling it a culture change. Some may have loved him, like Albert Wilson who came out today and said he was a genius, but the fact of the matter that Gase spent the past 3 years building an inconsistent team and alienating many of his teams best players.

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    There were reports that Dan Campbell had a very impressive interview with the Dolphins when they hired adam Gase. Stephen Ross is also reported to "love Dan Campbell." If Tannenbaum/Grier remain, I wonder if he gets another interview.
    I would love to have Campbell here as a HC. I would be surprised if he would come back to interview after being passed over, but if he did, that would probably be one of the better cases we could hope for.

Matthew Cannata just posted a story from NFL.com about when Munchak got fired. In the story it mentions that the Titans FO were upset in the direction the team was heading in, especially from an offensive point of view and wanted Munchak to make some changes at coordinators. But Munchak refused to fire his OC, who happened to be Dowell Loggains at the time, even though the FO believed he was too pass happy at times. They also wanted him to make Greg William's the DC.

But the interesting thing was this quote.

""My goal as head coach was to do things the right way with the right people and I felt confident that the results would follow," Munchak said in a statement. "Sometimes rebuilding a team and its culture takes time, but I truly believe we were on the verge of great things."

If he still feels that way I'd expect Munchak to be high on the Dolphins list.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Matthew Cannata just posted a story from NFL.com about when Munchak got fired. In the story it mentions that the Titans FO were upset in the direction the team was heading in, especially from an offensive point of view and wanted Munchak to make some changes at coordinators. But Munchak refused to fire his OC, who happened to be Dowell Loggains at the time, even though the FO believed he was too pass happy at times. They also wanted him to make Greg William's the DC.

""My goal as head coach was to do things the right way with the right people and I felt confident that the results would follow," Munchak said in a statement. "Sometimes rebuilding a team and its culture takes time, but I truly believe we were on the verge of great things."

I like Munchak... When his name popped up I was actually positive compared to the last list of candidates when Gase was hired... His time in Tenn was ehh, but he worked under Jeff Fisher for a good chunk of time, which IMO is a good thing... There's a reason why Big Ben wants the Steelers to keep Munchak... He had career lows in sacks during his time as OL coach...

I would definitely be interested in seeing what AC's he intends to work with... Out of all the outside HC's the Phins may interview, I think Munchak is a solid choice...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

I've seen a few Steelers fans wanting to promote him and let Tomlin go haha. Not sure if they are 100% on that but seems he is well liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I've seen a few Steelers fans wanting to promote him and let Tomlin go haha. Not sure if they are 100% on that but seems he is well liked.
    I'd be SHOCKED if Tomlin is let go... That tie week 1 did them in... No Bell, but Connor filled in very nicely...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post

I liked Munchak. His results were mediocre and he took over a mediocre team, but he seemed to be well liked by his players and I figure good chance the experience he has had over the past seasons will hopefully help him.

Right now if I had my choice of the guys we are talking too I would take Munchak.

He's grown on me since the names come up. Obviously figuring out that he's not Mike Mularkey helps too lol. But his views really match what Grier said he was looking for. I still just don't put him above the other two big names of course but I won't hate it.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Interesting but painful read on the firing of Gase from the Miami Herald highlighting the dysfunction of the organization over his tenure:

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...223850050.html
    Last edited by HandsOnTheWheel; 01-03-2019 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    Interesting but painful read on the firing of Gase from the Miami Herald highlighting the dysfunction of the organization over his tenure:

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...223850050.html
    But this paragraph makes my day!
    "Tannenbaum, with the team since 2015, asked for and received something of a quiet sendoff, according to a Dolphins source. He will not be working for the team again. By the time the draft comes in April, it will be obvious he is no longer with the organization, the source said."

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article223850050.html#storylink=cpy"

Gase was not an offensive mastermind. Fins continuously finished all 3 seasons under him in the 23-28th range PPG and YPG and so many others. And it's not like the Fins were exactly short on talent on offense. We led the entire league in those 3 seasons in losses of 20+ points with 8. We were tops in the league of winning close games, which sounds like a good thing. Except it's not because that's the only way we could win. By playing not to lose and escaping with a W or coming from behind on some wacky play at the end. I can count the games we dominated in 3 seasons on 1 hand. He was always pissy and throwing a fit and covering his face with his hat. He's a great football mind and he knows how to explore weaknesses and come up with game changing plays. But as someone else said he fails miserably at doing the easy and consistent things and constantly overthinks things and it always blew up in his face. I was happy when we signed him but I'm just as happy that he's gone. He wasn't ready to be a HC. Maybe he will be a better one now with a fresh start.
    BRUH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12