Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    I was thinking Necas( who has played with Chytil on the Czech team), a 1st and Fox( he’s made it clear he’s not gonna sign with Carolina either) for Hayes & Vesey.—Carolina has 10 mil. in cap space,btw. Maybe they take one of Staal, Shattenkirk or Smith off our hands as well. We’d have to take less in return but it would free up cap.

With Edmonton, I think Puljujarvi has no value so I would say Caleb Jones, Puljujarvi & a draft pick for Zuccarello. Edmonton has no cap room.
    I think much like Chytil that Puuijarvi hasnt blown the doors off anyone but I doubt they are willing to unload him yet much like we wouldnt be shopping Chytil. Jmo

I can’t imagine Carolina letting Nacas go because he’s widely considered one of the best players not in the NHL.

Fox might be looking to get to free agency which means at this point he’s just a throw in.

Hamilton was one of the guys on Craig Custance’s list of potential trade candidates at the deadline. He writes “Multiple sources confirmed that the Hurricanes are open to trading Hamilton, not necessarily because they’ve soured on him but because they’re trying to get the best possible offer for a defenseman not named Jaccob Slavin. It would be surprising if the Hurricanes don’t trade either Hamilton, Justin Faulk or Brett Pesce at some point, although the best deal might not be until the draft.

Carolina wants to add scoring and also create a path for Adam Fox – the Harvard defenseman still needs to sign.

Hamilton is the bigger name and puts up more offense, but teams seem to like Pesce as much or more, in part because of questions about Hamilton’s compete level on a consistent basis.”

I’ll take any of those guys honestly. We need help on defense. While there is some concern about Hamilton, he is still a very good player.

Puljujarvi was also on the list. “In the ideal world, your NHL coach is focused on winning every day and the GM has a long-term mentality, thinking about three years out. In Edmonton, there’s a lot of pressure on everyone to win now and get in the playoffs, including the GM. That makes anything possible and that includes Edmonton moving Puljujarvi, selected with the No. 4 overall pick in 2016. The preference in Edmonton would be a young player with a similar pedigree, especially one who could help more in the short term. ‘You would think it would have to make their team better right now,’ said one executive. ‘(Peter Chiarelli has) got to be buying.’”

It sounds like Puljujarvi can be had, but it might cost more than just Zucc at this point. The organization is in win now mode despite the lack of talent on the roster aside from the few high end players. Maybe Namestnikov and a lower tier prospect would get it done.

We saw last year that teams aren’t really willing to move their top prospects even for a guy like McDonagh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s been said by a couple of the guys but I look at some things black black and white and being on your 3rd team in 4 years I’d be a little concerned about character issues. When you’re traded and it’s pretty much said without being said they (Calgary) says we pretty much want him out of and away from our team and then the next team turns around and is ready to get rid of you. Trust me, they’re not going to say “wow we ****ed up here we don’t want this guy” because they’d get ten cents on the dollar.

I think if I was to do a Carolina deal I would need a first with that package. Vesey would actually be helpful for this rebuild and has found the next level to at least be a very good depth guy who scores a lot (even though he misses a lot too). That’s a nice haul for a team (Hayes and Vese) and albeit two highly talented and promising kids they have shown nothing at the NHL level.

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by beast023 View Post
    I can’t imagine Carolina letting Nacas go because he’s widely considered one of the best players not in the NHL.

Fox might be looking to get to free agency which means at this point he’s just a throw in.

Hamilton was one of the guys on Craig Custance’s list of potential trade candidates at the deadline. He writes “Multiple sources confirmed that the Hurricanes are open to trading Hamilton, not necessarily because they’ve soured on him but because they’re trying to get the best possible offer for a defenseman not named Jaccob Slavin. It would be surprising if the Hurricanes don’t trade either Hamilton, Justin Faulk or Brett Pesce at some point, although the best deal might not be until the draft.

Carolina wants to add scoring and also create a path for Adam Fox – the Harvard defenseman still needs to sign.

Hamilton is the bigger name and puts up more offense, but teams seem to like Pesce as much or more, in part because of questions about Hamilton’s compete level on a consistent basis.”

I’ll take any of those guys honestly. We need help on defense. While there is some concern about Hamilton, he is still a very good player.

Puljujarvi was also on the list. “In the ideal world, your NHL coach is focused on winning every day and the GM has a long-term mentality, thinking about three years out. In Edmonton, there’s a lot of pressure on everyone to win now and get in the playoffs, including the GM. That makes anything possible and that includes Edmonton moving Puljujarvi, selected with the No. 4 overall pick in 2016. The preference in Edmonton would be a young player with a similar pedigree, especially one who could help more in the short term. ‘You would think it would have to make their team better right now,’ said one executive. ‘(Peter Chiarelli has) got to be buying.’”

It sounds like Puljujarvi can be had, but it might cost more than just Zucc at this point. The organization is in win now mode despite the lack of talent on the roster aside from the few high end players. Maybe Namestnikov and a lower tier prospect would get it done.

We saw last year that teams aren’t really willing to move their top prospects even for a guy like McDonagh.

I think the oilers were in win now mode but they look bad right now,I think the schedule will take care of their trade deadline for them , that was why I was hoping zuc would have went there before Christmas.. As long as they have Lucic with the other two contracts on that team they are going to struggle to do anything. I think if a guy like Puuijarvi is leaving that Lucic will be tied to him in order to help their cap issue.

Let’s say someone asked the Rangers for Kravtsov, Hajek, the 17th overall pick, and Skjei. What kind of return do you think you’d get? That’s essentially what Necas, Fox, a first, and Hamilton equates to.

I jumped on to HF board today, my head is still spinning with the doom and gloom over there.

Hey Guys -- Happy New Year!!!! Been MIA from PSD for a REALLYYYY long time.... miss chatting up NYR with you all.

I have to admit that I haven't been watching a whole lot of rangers hockey lately -- Been pretty painful to watch. With that said, I'm looking forward to continuing down the path of the rebuild -- Keep acquiring those prospects and picks! I am ok with dumping pretty much anyone that will fetch a solid return -- Hayes, Zuccarello, Kreider, Shatty, Skjei, Smith, Namestnikov, McQuaid can all go as far as I'm concerned.

Is this draft supposed to be deep with talent?

Trade Lundqvist for Bobrovsky!! LOL

Happy New Year, thought you abandoned us!

Yeah, I heard Bobrovsky got sent home by Columbus, could be on the move.

I was just reading an article on BlueLinestation re: offersheeting Mathews. I have to admit I agree with the writer. If you are gonna piss people off it might as well be for Mathews. And if we gave him 12 mil. per or even 14 mil per front loaded so Toronto can’t match and lose those 4-1st Rd picks those picks would fall from 2020-2023. Just need to pick up future 1st Rd picks now and trades to cover for those we will lose. But with a top 6 of Mathews, Zibenajad, Chytil, Buchnevich and Kravtsov and whomever we pick in this years draft in the top 6 we should be contending anyway so they won’t be high picks.

Pretty sure they give Matthews McDavid’s contract before he even becomes a FA and let the rest sort itself out. They’re not letting him go for a decade of first round picks.

Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I jumped on to HF board today, my head is still spinning with the doom and gloom over there.
    Why do people even use those boards?

That site has had no new content or any kind of an update in years, unless I’m mistaken.

I hang out there. I don’t have a ton of time to post, it’s not as causal as here. I don’t jump in often because one topic usually becomes a pissing match arguing semantics. There is a lot of good knowledgeable posters there and it’s a very good source as far as an info steam.

Just have to sift through the nuttiness.

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

Ryan Lindgren has been called up.

And we have traded Cole Schneider for Connor Brinkley from Nashville.

Joe Fortunato
    Joe Fortunato
    @JoeFortunatoBSB
    ·
    1h
    If Gorton is not calling Edmonton daily .....
    Quote Tweet
    The Charging Buffalo
    @TheChargingBUF
    .@FriedgeHNIC just said on NHL Network that Jesse Puljujarvi is available in Edmonton. They’re all in on making playoffs this year.

#Oilers #Sabres #HockeyTwitter
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 01-14-2019 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Ryan Lindgren has been called up.

And we have traded Cole Schneider for Connor Brinkley from Nashville.

Joe Fortunato
    Joe Fortunato
    @JoeFortunatoBSB
    ·
    1h
    If Gorton is not calling Edmonton daily .....
    Quote Tweet
    The Charging Buffalo
    @TheChargingBUF
    .@FriedgeHNIC just said on NHL Network that Jesse Puljujarvi is available in Edmonton. They’re all in on making playoffs this year.

#Oilers #Sabres #HockeyTwitter
    Excited to see what Lindgren can bring to the lineup. Would like to see him paired with Shattenkirk or Deangelo.

Jim Matheson: “If Oilers are scouring for forwards who can give them some offence outside of Connor, Leon, RNH and Chiasson who have 81 goals, they’re probably checking in C Derick Brassard, UFA ($3 mil) who hasn’t panned out in Pitts. Other possibles: UFA’s Zuccarello, Dzingel, Ferland”

David Staple of the Edmonton Journal: Rishaug’s comments sounds like the Oilers could be offering up either Cam Talbot or Mikko Koskinen, a first-round pick, and maybe one of Kailer Yamamoto, Tyler Benson, Cameron Hebig or Jesse Puljujarvi. The young player would depend on who they are acquiring.

As far as Lindgren goes I agree—DeAngelo. But maybe we should add Pionk( when he comes back from injury) to the list of his partners.

CJ Turtoro
    CJ Turtoro
    @CJTDevil
    Neal Pionk has 1 breakup in 77 targets. He basically hands the opposing team the zone.
    Quote Tweet
    CJ Turtoro
    @CJTDevil
    And these are your biggest sieves at the blueline.

In 54 targets, Klingberg has 1 breakup and has allowed 47 controlled entries.
    Show this thread
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; Yesterday at 04:04 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast