Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 159
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,860
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Kobe sucked his rookie year too.

    Olidipo sucked his first 5

    Wigg has that Olidipo persona

    And itís not a big deal to me...I just believe he will be good.
    Oladipo and Wiggins are nothing alike. Dipo put in the work to get better. Wiggins thinks it should just be handed to him. He complained about his shot attempts when there were two CLEARLY better players on the roster. As far as I know, Oladipo never complained even when he had reason to.

    One worked to improve, the other coasts on raw athleticism. One plays defense, the other does not. One bought into a ball-sharing system, the other complains about his number of touches.

    PLEASE explain how they have the same persona.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    77,147
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Oladipo and Wiggins are nothing alike. Dipo put in the work to get better. Wiggins thinks it should just be handed to him. He complained about his shot attempts when there were two CLEARLY better players on the roster. As far as I know, Oladipo never complained even when he had reason to.

    One worked to improve, the other coasts on raw athleticism. One plays defense, the other does not. One bought into a ball-sharing system, the other complains about his number of touches.

    PLEASE explain how they have the same persona.
    he is looking for any example of a late bloomer he can find, while ignoring the obvious-Wiggins just doesn't care about winning or being great.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    we have covered this. 330+ games starting every one, usage out his ***, primary role, and he gets worse by the year. Pointing out like one of the single outliers ever in Oladipo does nothing to combat the overwhemling list of players that continued to suck after never living up to expectations. At this point, Wolves fans would be happy with just having him be a consistently decent starter. But, he has a long way to go before he is even that, yet he is paid to fight for a spot on the all NBA teams. Hence the Wolves fans absolute frustration with him.
    The thing is, guys that suck donít usually have lots of games where they also drop 40pts or spats where they end up breaking team scoring records. How many scoring records does Dipo have? If Wigg never showed he could dominate Iíd be with you, but heís shown at his best to be unstoppable on multiple occasions. Enough so that Iím willing to bet that itís just a mental hurdle and those eventually are overcome.

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,108
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Oladipo and Wiggins are nothing alike. Dipo put in the work to get better. Wiggins thinks it should just be handed to him. He complained about his shot attempts when there were two CLEARLY better players on the roster. As far as I know, Oladipo never complained even when he had reason to.

    One worked to improve, the other coasts on raw athleticism. One plays defense, the other does not. One bought into a ball-sharing system, the other complains about his number of touches.

    PLEASE explain how they have the same persona.
    Iím looking at facial expression and body language on the court pre Dipo breakout. His body language and expression are totally diff now that he knows he can be great.

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    he is looking for any example of a late bloomer he can find, while ignoring the obvious-Wiggins just doesn't care about winning or being great.
    Barry Sanders looked like he didnít care also. I donít really believe your judgement of his character. I think heís just ďRicky WilliamsĒ different.

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    77,147
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Barry Sanders looked like he didnít care also. I donít really believe your judgement of his character. I think heís just ďRicky WilliamsĒ different.
    Ricky Williams was a giant waste of talent haha, so not sure your point.

    Look, we don't agree. At all. Wiggins is a total waste.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    MASS
    Posts
    54,449
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Iím looking at facial expression and body language on the court pre Dipo breakout. His body language and expression are totally diff now that he knows he can be great.
    lies. as one of the only and very few Orlando Magic fans on this board, this is a post is LIES. when Oladipo was with the Magic he was an extremely hard worker. Too hard of a worker. Dude was a gym rat. He was still learning the game but dude was always working on his game. And that translated in the games with his body language and facial expressions. Oladipo wasnt a debby downer, Oladipo didnt sulk, he was a grinder who tried to grind against you and give it his all. He had limitations early, and our organization for some reason believed in Elfrid Payton more than Oladipo and it costed us big time. Oladipo was great on and off the court and he might have a little more confidence/cockiness to him now but dude was the same guy now that he was back in Orlando

    this post is a great example of a false narrative


    First Sim League Title!

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    7,860
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Iím looking at facial expression and body language on the court pre Dipo breakout. His body language and expression are totally diff now that he knows he can be great.
    So, nothing factual then.

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    43,857
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Oladipo and Wiggins are nothing alike. Dipo put in the work to get better. Wiggins thinks it should just be handed to him. He complained about his shot attempts when there were two CLEARLY better players on the roster. As far as I know, Oladipo never complained even when he had reason to.

    One worked to improve, the other coasts on raw athleticism. One plays defense, the other does not. One bought into a ball-sharing system, the other complains about his number of touches.

    PLEASE explain how they have the same persona.
    Kobe didn't suck his rookie year is all I would've said

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    508
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    How can a team be terrible and tank and not get a top ten pick?

    How could that Rasheed Wallace contract not be traded today (adjusted for inflation I assume)?

    Isnít their more flexibility with all of these stupid exceptions?
    Half the league is terrible now, there is no difference between the bottom of league except for which teams start tanking earlier. Those are the teams that get the higher pick.

    The current cap wouldn't allow that Wallace trade and in today's NBA no one would trade for an expensive head case, because no one takes chances anymore, they value their future cap space more than winning.

    And no there def is not more flexibility in today's NBA. You didn't need those stupid exemptions under the old system.

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    43,857
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Iím looking at facial expression and body language on the court pre Dipo breakout. His body language and expression are totally diff now that he knows he can be great.
    Dipos body changed and even predraft was lauded for his character and intelligence. Wiggins forgets to put on his Jersey before a game and if you've ever worked with them, shares the smiles and eyes of a ****.

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,564
    this dude i used to work with 10 years younger then me said he played/competed with both wiggins and lavine. he said he liked lavines game and personality better. he told me all this before either guy was drafted. he said wiggins was kind of soft and just gets by like he's doing now on athleticism. wiggins could get easily punked and thrown off his game when he was growing up. him and wiggins grew up in the vaughan area. i accused him of being a hater, he told me some ish about his mom on roids while she was pregnant which i don't know the medical ramifications about, thats when i thought my co-worker was something else. he says wiggins loves blazing the grass. when i look back now there seems to be a lot of legit things the guy said, not too sure about the pregnancy thing though.

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,680
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeYourL View Post
    Half the league is terrible now, there is no difference between the bottom of league except for which teams start tanking earlier. Those are the teams that get the higher pick.

    The current cap wouldn't allow that Wallace trade and in today's NBA no one would trade for an expensive head case, because no one takes chances anymore, they value their future cap space more than winning.

    And no there def is not more flexibility in today's NBA. You didn't need those stupid exemptions under the old system.
    Thereís not 10+ teams tanking.

    That trade could still happen. Teams still take chances.

    Even if true on the flexibility (or lack thereof), itís more to do with max contracts and player control. Thatís not going away.

    I guess you had no counter for my other questions/statements.

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    43,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    this dude i used to work with 10 years younger then me said he played/competed with both wiggins and lavine. he said he liked lavines game and personality better. he told me all this before either guy was drafted. he said wiggins was kind of soft and just gets by like he's doing now on athleticism. wiggins could get easily punked and thrown off his game when he was growing up. him and wiggins grew up in the vaughan area. i accused him of being a hater, he told me some ish about his mom on roids while she was pregnant which i don't know the medical ramifications about, thats when i thought my co-worker was something else. he says wiggins loves blazing the grass. when i look back now there seems to be a lot of legit things the guy said, not too sure about the pregnancy thing though.
    Blazing the grass is prolly something he's always held in common with the nba players. Who gives a **** unless you're a lazy slob like Wiggins. I called it year one, the next gerald green. I fell for the trap star many times tho

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    508
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Thereís not 10+ teams tanking.

    That trade could still happen. Teams still take chances.

    Even if true on the flexibility (or lack thereof), itís more to do with max contracts and player control. Thatís not going away.

    I guess you had no counter for my other questions/statements.
    Yes there is 10 plus teams that tank, just look at the draft a few years ago. Knicks were tank mode and still only landed the 8th pick, that's how bad the nba is.

    And the sheed trade would not happen, not only would teams not do the trade, but it's not physically possible under the new system.

    I had no comment on your other statements because they aren't even relevant and make no sense. You don't even have a clue what your talking about you just talking to be heard.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •