Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Wiggins says Minny fans are "s***y"

He misses 4 of 6 free throws in a very close overtime game and his response to fans not being happy is to call them "s***y". Gee, I can't imagine why coaches, teammates, and fans have been critical of him.

He's in his 5th year, got his big money deal, and is having arguably the worst season of his career. He's the poster child teams really need to find a way to evaluate better and sooner so they can move them before they break their future for them.

Been saying this forever, the NBA can help itself so much if it gives teams a way out of these contracts, at least as far as salary cap goes.

One bad signing like this holds a team back too much.

It ruins team, and ruins the NBA, it's So stupid because it's in place to help small market teams be more competitive, but they gey hurt by these contracts the most, because the big market teams will sell tickets no matter what.

I'd rather find a way to give teams a better chance to evaluate players rather than give them a way out of what turn out to be bad contracts. If the NBA is going to start signing players straight from high school again it's only going to get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I'd rather find a way to give teams a better chance to evaluate players rather than give them a way out of what turn out to be bad contracts. If the NBA is going to start signing players straight from high school again it's only going to get worse.
    You can't predict which players will just stop caring once they get a contract, and teams are desperate enough to risk it anyway.

It's not like Wiggins fooled anyone with his genius iq.

I'm sorry, but this is a clear slap in the face to Hawkeye if you ask me. In fact, I think Wiggins is speaking directly to Hawkeye.

You have a top 3 scorer in the NBA on your young team in Andrew Wiggins who will undoubtedly go down as a hall of famer, yet you trash him every chance you get. Unappreciative fans, man.
    Believe the hype. The Baker has come.

No way is Wiggins a top 3 scorer in the NBA. He's not even in the top 10 or 20 and that is how **** he is. Been sayin this and he's 5 years in the league. One of the biggest busts I've ever seen.

Meh, I'm more of the latter towards teams drafting guys like this. They should be allowed to declare after high school, but if your scouts get caught in the hype and don't do a thorough review of the guy you're going to draft really high, then it's your problem.

Now to Wiggins; it's been a while since we've seen such a disappointment drafted 1st overall. Yes, we've seen Bennett drafted (and possibly Fultz), but those two guys didn't really surprise anyone. Most people thought that Bennett could bust (at that level is quite surprising) and Fultz might be impacted by that nerve injury. Wiggins played decent enough for 3 seasons, got his huge contract, then seemingly stopped trying to improve. Most 1st overall picks have the factor to keep moving to improve, but it seems like he's content after he received his money and stopped trying. It's a little sad seeing all the talent that he actually has. That's why they're booing him, but his ego won't let him accept that. Must frustrate Wolves fans when even with the Butler trade, he's still looking like maybe the 3rd best player on the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

I'll take him on team Canada at the World Cup. If the guy doesn't accept duty for his country, tat's the last straw for me with him.

Joseph-Murray-Gilgous Alexander-Barrett-Wiggins-Ejim-Lyles-Olynyk-Witjer-Birch-Thompson

Birch is a stud fiba/euro paint/rim defender, Ejim is a nice energy/defensive guy, might need a pure shooter on the perimeter though. Canada still has enough talent to medal.

If he doesn't show up for is country, this will show how self-absorbed and me first this guy really is,

well Andrew, when you get a $148,000,000 contract after proving nothing, fans tend to expect you to be, ya know, good. When you suck, you get booed. Just collect your check and continue to not care about anything but your video games you waste of talent.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    Meh, I'm more of the latter towards teams drafting guys like this. They should be allowed to declare after high school, but if your scouts get caught in the hype and don't do a thorough review of the guy you're going to draft really high, then it's your problem.
    The problem there is that player change a LOT between their senior year in high school and 4 years later. It's far from predictable how a personality will change as ball gets more important and central in their life and as the money they have goes up. But I'm sure more time will make the guesses more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The problem there is that player change a LOT between their senior year in high school and 4 years later. It's far from predictable how a personality will change as ball gets more important and central in their life and as the money they have goes up. But I'm sure more time will make the guesses more accurate.
    I mean, here is his scouting report "negative" portion from prior to the draft. It reads EXACTLY how he is today.

Weaknesses: The biggest issue is whether or not Wiggins has the mental make up to maximize his immense physical gifts. While some scouts are extremely high on him, there are just as many that question his focus and passion for the game ... Often plays too upright on offense, which can get him off his base and lead to turnovers … Needs to work on moving without the ball, has a reputation of sometimes standing, ball watching … Defensive awareness is something he must work on, along with always running out to his spot and not relying completely on length, athleticism to challenge a player … Still needs to add upper body strength, had issues finishing around the basket and getting knocked off of his spot when defensive rebounding … Long range shot is still not overly consistent, sometimes turns his hand outward on follow through … Often loose with dribble, sometimes has the ball too high and gets exploited when double teamed … Some question his lack of assertiveness offensively, which calls into question his ability to be a primary option on a high level team … Battled inconsistency and struggled against physical defense, which could point to strength as well as a sign of shaky confidence … Should look to become a more vocal leader ... Too often settled for long range shots and did not venture out of his comfort zone enough, still has many things to learn in terms of creating mid range shots and counter moves … Had a difficult time establishing post position, something that could be a crucial next step to utilize his quickness and size as a wing at the next level ... Has been compared to Kobe Bryant, but the biggest difference appears to be the attention to detail. So far, granted Kobe's is extremely rare, Wiggins has been lacking in this area. Will he develop this critical aspect in order to polish his all around game to achieve greatness?
    Somehow, Wiggins has managed to get worse each year he has been in the league. How is that even possible?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I'm sorry, but this is a clear slap in the face to Hawkeye if you ask me. In fact, I think Wiggins is speaking directly to Hawkeye.

You have a top 3 scorer in the NBA on your young team in Andrew Wiggins who will undoubtedly go down as a hall of famer, yet you trash him every chance you get. Unappreciative fans, man.
    What Wiggins do you watch? **** he jacks shots up, doesn’t play defense, and is no way a top 3 scorer in the NBA, let alone on a ton of NBA teams.

Y'all realize vee is just clowning (sarcastic) right?

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    What Wiggins do you watch? **** he jacks shots up, doesn’t play defense, and is no way a top 3 scorer in the NBA, let alone on a ton of NBA teams.
    He's being sarcastic, man. I don't think anyone here likes or wants Wiggins. Dude is a massive waste of talent. Was supposed to be a great perimeter defender out of college and turned out to be the opposite. Supposed to be the "next" top wing player and hasn't even sniffed being anything close to it. His contract was a joke. Wiggins doesn't really care about basketball. He just wants to make money. That's fine but he'll get the criticism for it when he's expected to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    I'll take him on team Canada at the World Cup. If the guy doesn't accept duty for his country, tat's the last straw for me with him.

Joseph-Murray-Gilgous Alexander-Barrett-Wiggins-Ejim-Lyles-Olynyk-Witjer-Birch-Thompson

Birch is a stud fiba/euro paint/rim defender, Ejim is a nice energy/defensive guy, might need a pure shooter on the perimeter though. Canada still has enough talent to medal.

If he doesn't show up for is country, this will show how self-absorbed and me first this guy really is,
    this is a weird take
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

We ain't sneaking in, we are kicking the mother f***in door down. We're in this party now. Nobody wanted us in, but guess what, they got to deal with us now.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast