Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    I can't remember if it was on here or on Twitter but there was some talk about asking SD about Forrest Lamp.
    If Rick can pull that off Iíll be ecstatic. I was huge fan of Lamp coming out of Western Kentucky. His film against Alabama is so impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

I can't remember if it was on here or on Twitter but there was some talk about asking SD about Forrest Lamp.
    Don't know tons about him other than like vikesfan says above that I think a few people around here liked him at draft time. Stuff like this makes sense though even if we do sign one and draft one in the first round. Make sure we are covered if the pick busts or we have an injury etc.

Bailey/Anthony Harris are a couple guys I hope we get back kinda cheap. Harris would just solidify our secondary as good as last years and felt comfortable with the kicking.

Lets say 6 mil on the cap next year total for both? Just messing around on overthecap. By cutting Remmers/Sendejo and then restructuring Griffen/Rudolph for the amount it costs to get Sheldon Richardson back we could keep every defensive player but barr who played 1/3 of the snaps or more. Leaves us really with just oline/LB/backup RB to really be filled at that point and keeps most of the "core" for another run.

Assuming the numbers I used/restructure covering Sheldon we have 15 mil at that point for FA which isn't a lot but again there are few needs at that point too.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Bailey/Anthony Harris are a couple guys I hope we get back kinda cheap. Harris would just solidify our secondary as good as last years and felt comfortable with the kicking.

Lets say 6 mil on the cap next year total for both? Just messing around on overthecap. By cutting Remmers/Sendejo and then restructuring Griffen/Rudolph for the amount it costs to get Sheldon Richardson back we could keep every defensive player but barr who played 1/3 of the snaps or more. Leaves us really with just oline/LB/backup RB to really be filled at that point and keeps most of the "core" for another run.

Assuming the numbers I used/restructure covering Sheldon we have 15 mil at that point for FA which isn't a lot but again there are few needs at that point too.
    I like Sheldon and thought he played well for us, but is it in our best interest to re-sign him to a fairly big money deal when thereís quite a few disruptive 3 techniques in the draft coming up??

Only three and a half more months. lol

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    I like Sheldon and thought he played well for us, but is it in our best interest to re-sign him to a fairly big money deal when thereís quite a few disruptive 3 techniques in the draft coming up??
    DL depth is deep this year. We also have draft guys invested in Johnson and Holmes. If the price is right then I say go for it but I fear if he gets paid we get a less than stellar Richardson.

Personally, we sit at 18 and I would be all for dropping to add more picks. If we can drop some and pick up an additional 2nd then I would be all for it. If we can get 3 picks in the first 60 we might be able to come away with 2-3 new starters.

It was probably me. I was all for him at the beginning of the season and predicted a trade that sent Mac Alex to SD for Lamp.

DL depth is deep this year. We also have draft guys invested in Johnson and Holmes. If the price is right then I say go for it but I fear if he gets paid we get a less than stellar Richardson.

Personally, we sit at 18 and I would be all for dropping to add more picks. If we can drop some and pick up an additional 2nd then I would be all for it. If we can get 3 picks in the first 60 we might be able to come away with 2-3 new starters.
    Richardson had a solid season but unless he's willing to settle for another prove it deal then I don't think we'll be able to retain him. IF we can sign a starting G in FA then maybe a DT at 18 would be doable. This year the DT class is STACKED. We could sign a G, draft a DT at 18, and then look for another G in the 2nd round.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

I don't see Richardson back...simply because he'll want/deserve more than we can justify.....Griffin may be a cap casualty given Weatherly's play and guys like Bowers behind him. On offense, Murray wants to start, so he may not stay.......which gives Boone and Thomas the opportunity, tho they're less of a change of pace than Murray.

Then there's Barr....if he's not back (even if he is) how early do we need to consider a linebacker?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

If Richardson leaves in free agency I wonít lose much sleep over it. Weíd get a compensatory pick for it too which is nice. Honestly Iím getting tired of investing top draft picks and free agent dollars on defensive players that just donít show up in big games. Everyone talks about this vaunted Vikings defense but all they do is bully bad teams and lay eggs against good offenses.

Our priority should be fixing this offensive line and getting it to the point where we control the line of scrimmage. Points on offense and turnovers on defense is what wins championships. We have the skill positions on offense to put up big numbers but we canít block guys up front in order to execute. This has to change. Who creates turnovers on our defense? Really iíll wait? Outside of Harrison Smith, Danielle Hunter, Eric Kendricks and Linval Joseph iím fine with letting any of these guys go: Sendejo, Barr, Griffen, Richardson, Rhodes, Waynes, Alexander, Gedeon

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    It depends what all is out there to sign in FA etc. but would I prefer to keep Sheldon and use our first round pick on oline instead of hoping a 2nd or 3rd rounder comes in making an impact on the oline? Ya I think I would. I also would be fine if it were Barr instead of Sheldon but am hearing he wants 3-4 pass rushing lb $ maybe.

This all depends on it being at the right price and so on but if the options are sign one OL and draft another in the 2nd with a dt in the first or have that hole covered and get a first round mauler I go with fixing the oline in best way possible aka using that first rounder. Now if there are top oline this FA wanting to sign then take them over Sheldon but that hasn't happened even when we had a lot of cap to spend so my guess is someone who is already here more likely to stay without overpaying.

If we know the defense is top 5 or so and can keep it that way while getting enough to sign a good G in FA, draft one in the first and still use a later pick to develop that seems like enough invested in the oline to me. If we cut rudy here and need a TE, let Sheldon walk and need a DT etc I do worry how far back we kick the oline and I am done leaving any questions there tbh. I was just going over the best way, imo, to leave us with very few holes to fill and enough cap to still spend on a pretty good olineman.

Essentially I want whatever will allow us to potentially draft oline in both rounds 1/2 if the draft falls that way, even if we sign a good G in FA. I don't want to be in a position where we NEED another starter in the draft outside the oline/also need starting oline. My plan allows any of our top 3 picks to go to oline while also signing one. We could potentially fix the problem in a year or two with that type of investment which is my main focus of FA.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I don't see Richardson back...simply because he'll want/deserve more than we can justify.....Griffin may be a cap casualty given Weatherly's play and guys like Bowers behind him. On offense, Murray wants to start, so he may not stay.......which gives Boone and Thomas the opportunity, tho they're less of a change of pace than Murray.

Then there's Barr....if he's not back (even if he is) how early do we need to consider a linebacker?
    Eric Wilson has played solid when given the opportunity to play more. He might be an in house replacement. At the end of the day I expect Barr to sign an extension.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

The way I'm feeling about this team right now is that we should continue to bulk up the defense. Basically follow the Ravens strategy. We're stuck with Cousins for the next 2 years just like they were stuck with Flacco. We can continue to remain a good team with a strong defense year after year. With Zim and his staff we'll be able to develop these young defenders into good pros. Once Kirk's deal is up we can hopefully find ourselves a legit QB. Our playmakers on offense our young enough for this to work. Cook (26), Diggs (28), and Thielen (31) should all still be around after we left Kirk walk.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

If we sign a good guard in FA, I'm not opposed to waiting until the second round to take an olineman. Especially if there's a great 3-tech or LB that falls to us. In a perfect world we would get a starting guard in FA and have an o-lineman fall to us at 18, but I'd rather not reach if there's great talent elsewhere on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    If we sign a good guard in FA, I'm not opposed to waiting until the second round to take an olineman. Especially if there's a great 3-tech or LB that falls to us. In a perfect world we would get a starting guard in FA and have an o-lineman fall to us at 18, but I'd rather not reach if there's great talent elsewhere on the board.
    Just looking at true guards (not including OTs likely to move to G) the top prospect is Chris Lindstrom from Boston College. CBS Sports has him listed at 56th overall so a 2nd round pick. The best center prospect, Tyler Biadasz, announced he's staying at Wisconsin.

Judging off recent drafts, it seems the best spot to grab a G is the 2nd round. Hernandez and Daniels last year, Lamp and Dawkins in 2017, Whitehair in 2016, Morse and Marpet in 2015.

I would like to see a veteran like Roger Saffold or Ramon Foster signed and then draft another guard or two. We could look to grab a DT like Christian Wilkins (Clemson) at 18 and then a G like Chris Lindstrom in the 2nd.
    2019 Vikings Draft :