Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 155
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Philbrook, MN
    Posts
    1,233

    2019 NFL Draft Thread

    My initial Mock Draft for 2019:

    1. OL
    2. OL
    3. OL
    3. OL
    4. OL
    4. OL
    6. OL
    6. OL
    7. OL
    7. OL

    Do you see a pattern here, Rick?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    My initial Mock Draft for 2019:

    1. OL
    2. OL
    3. OL
    3. OL
    4. OL
    4. OL
    6. OL
    6. OL
    7. OL
    7. OL

    Do you see a pattern here, Rick?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You spelled DB wrong.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk


    If you cant beat them, join them

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,118
    How much u wanna bet they go defense lol

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    28,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    My initial Mock Draft for 2019:

    1. OL
    2. OL
    3. OL
    3. OL
    4. OL
    4. OL
    6. OL
    6. OL
    7. OL
    7. OL

    Do you see a pattern here, Rick?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Couldn't agree more

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    15,165
    I took a quick look at some potential draft picks and at first glance I saw an OT from Wisconsin who looks to be available when we pick at 18. Wisconsin is always putting quality lineman in the NFL. David Edwards is the name. Another I saw is Greg Little from Ole Miss. Jonah Williams is the top OT in this class but doubtful he falls to 18.

    If Zim wants to be able to run the ball he’s going to need lineman who can get the job done. Only O’Neill should be able to lay claim to starting job in 2019. I can give Elflein a pass because of his injury hurting his off-season but he wasn’t exactly a good lineman last year either. Luckily we can cut Remmers with a minimal cap hit. Reiff shouldn’t be feeling to comfy either but 6 million is a lot to eat so he’s likely back at LT again. At the very least we better have 2 new starting guards in 2019. We can probably get by with Reiff but our interior was just awful this year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    My initial Mock Draft for 2019:

    1. OL
    2. OL
    3. OL
    3. OL
    4. OL
    4. OL
    6. OL
    6. OL
    7. OL
    7. OL

    Do you see a pattern here, Rick?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Someone is going to have to teach him what the offensive line is.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,727
    Hey, it's my annual favorite thread. I know it's early but anyone have a line on the mid 1st round offensive line talent?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,694
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Hey, it's my annual favorite thread. I know it's early but anyone have a line on the mid 1st round offensive line talent?
    Corey Ford and Dalton Riser are perfect in that area. Greg Little is a guy that could go anywhere from 5 to 25. I really like the guys from Wisconsin

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Corey Ford and Dalton Riser are perfect in that area. Greg Little is a guy that could go anywhere from 5 to 25. I really like the guys from Wisconsin
    Thanks. Just looked up Ford, Risner, and Little (so I'm now an expert). Of those three, Ford looks like the clear first option, then Risner, followed by Little. Sounds like Little could end up being the best of the three but he's far from a sure thing and I don't think we can afford to miss on this one.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    8,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    My initial Mock Draft for 2019:

    1. OL
    2. OL
    3. OL
    3. OL
    4. OL
    4. OL
    6. OL
    6. OL
    7. OL
    7. OL

    Do you see a pattern here, Rick?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We said the same thing last year.......yet so many keep talking like Zimmer and Cousins are the reason we missed the playoffs.

    Caveat being....I'm not as big a Zimmer OR Cousins fan now as I was then.....I'm just not laying all the blame on them.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Philbrook, MN
    Posts
    1,233
    Cousins just sent me his latest Mock for the first 3 Rounds (4 total picks):

    1.) OG Coby Ford (Oklahoma)
    2.) OT Yodny Cajuste (West Virginia)
    3.) OG Dru Samia (Oklahoma)
    3.) OT Isaiah Prince (Ohio St.)

    LT Reiff/Cajuste
    LG Ford/Easton
    OC Elflein/Jones
    RG Samia/Isadora
    RT O'Neill/Prince


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Philbrook, MN
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    We said the same thing last year.......yet so many keep talking like Zimmer and Cousins are the reason we missed the playoffs.

    Caveat being....I'm not as big a Zimmer OR Cousins fan now as I was then.....I'm just not laying all the blame on them.
    Zimmer deserves at least another year and I want to see Cousins behind a competent line with a solid rushing attack before I pass judgement but I certainly understand the frustration expressed by others.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,348
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I took a quick look at some potential draft picks and at first glance I saw an OT from Wisconsin who looks to be available when we pick at 18. Wisconsin is always putting quality lineman in the NFL. David Edwards is the name. Another I saw is Greg Little from Ole Miss. Jonah Williams is the top OT in this class but doubtful he falls to 18.

    If Zim wants to be able to run the ball he’s going to need lineman who can get the job done. Only O’Neill should be able to lay claim to starting job in 2019. I can give Elflein a pass because of his injury hurting his off-season but he wasn’t exactly a good lineman last year either. Luckily we can cut Remmers with a minimal cap hit. Reiff shouldn’t be feeling to comfy either but 6 million is a lot to eat so he’s likely back at LT again. At the very least we better have 2 new starting guards in 2019. We can probably get by with Reiff but our interior was just awful this year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Elflein had some struggles this year but mostly with power bull rushes, I think jumping in right at the start of the season impacted his strength and conditioning and I don't see them looking to replace him in the next year. The guys on either side of him were absolutely paathetic as well.

    Reiff I disagree on. I think he could be a potential trade candidate but should by no means feel safe, he was a literal turnstyle this year. There are options in the draft to replace him.

    GUARDS- we need help here.

    Also, I understand the calls for Oline but lets not totally discredit Speilman.
    When the draft started we expected Easton at Rg and Berger announced his retirement 3 weeks prior
    Reiff and Remmers were both above average last year and who could have expected such a huge decline from last year
    Oneil was a guy we all scoffed at and wow what a pick he ended up being
    Aviante Collins was actually playing very well too start the preseason but got injured

    He for sure deserves some blame for the Oline but he has made efforts to sign big name FA lineman every single season and has drafted starters. They just can't seem to get away from the injury bug when it comes to Oline.

    They could go any way in the draft depending on who they keep in FA but Barra and Waynes are the big swing guys:
    Is Barr goes, they may need to spend that $ on a FA OG and draft a LB ( Barr is up and down but we don't have LB depth and Gedeon sucks in my opinion)
    If Waynes goes it should be via a trade and they should have additional draft ammo

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,727
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Elflein had some struggles this year but mostly with power bull rushes, I think jumping in right at the start of the season impacted his strength and conditioning and I don't see them looking to replace him in the next year. The guys on either side of him were absolutely paathetic as well.

    Reiff I disagree on. I think he could be a potential trade candidate but should by no means feel safe, he was a literal turnstyle this year. There are options in the draft to replace him.

    GUARDS- we need help here.

    Also, I understand the calls for Oline but lets not totally discredit Speilman.
    When the draft started we expected Easton at Rg and Berger announced his retirement 3 weeks prior
    Reiff and Remmers were both above average last year and who could have expected such a huge decline from last year
    Oneil was a guy we all scoffed at and wow what a pick he ended up being
    Aviante Collins was actually playing very well too start the preseason but got injured

    He for sure deserves some blame for the Oline but he has made efforts to sign big name FA lineman every single season and has drafted starters. They just can't seem to get away from the injury bug when it comes to Oline.

    They could go any way in the draft depending on who they keep in FA but Barra and Waynes are the big swing guys:
    Is Barr goes, they may need to spend that $ on a FA OG and draft a LB ( Barr is up and down but we don't have LB depth and Gedeon sucks in my opinion)
    If Waynes goes it should be via a trade and they should have additional draft ammo
    Completely forgot about Easton. Either way, I think our interior o-line is by far the weakest position on the team. Not sure if there will be any available guards worthy of the 18 pick. If not, draft a tackle and hope somebody can move inside.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    Zimmer deserves at least another year and I want to see Cousins behind a competent line with a solid rushing attack before I pass judgement but I certainly understand the frustration expressed by others.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zimmer isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

    Ps- I dig Cousins draft
    Last edited by Patrick Swayze; 12-31-2018 at 10:16 PM.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •