Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1081

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Philbrook, MN
    Posts
    1,332

    2019 NFL Draft Thread

    My initial Mock Draft for 2019:

    1. OL
    2. OL
    3. OL
    3. OL
    4. OL
    4. OL
    6. OL
    6. OL
    7. OL
    7. OL

    Do you see a pattern here, Rick?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    My initial Mock Draft for 2019:

    1. OL
    2. OL
    3. OL
    3. OL
    4. OL
    4. OL
    6. OL
    6. OL
    7. OL
    7. OL

    Do you see a pattern here, Rick?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You spelled DB wrong.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk


    If you cant beat them, join them

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,271
    How much u wanna bet they go defense lol

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    33,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    My initial Mock Draft for 2019:

    1. OL
    2. OL
    3. OL
    3. OL
    4. OL
    4. OL
    6. OL
    6. OL
    7. OL
    7. OL

    Do you see a pattern here, Rick?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Couldn't agree more

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,062
    I took a quick look at some potential draft picks and at first glance I saw an OT from Wisconsin who looks to be available when we pick at 18. Wisconsin is always putting quality lineman in the NFL. David Edwards is the name. Another I saw is Greg Little from Ole Miss. Jonah Williams is the top OT in this class but doubtful he falls to 18.

    If Zim wants to be able to run the ball heís going to need lineman who can get the job done. Only OíNeill should be able to lay claim to starting job in 2019. I can give Elflein a pass because of his injury hurting his off-season but he wasnít exactly a good lineman last year either. Luckily we can cut Remmers with a minimal cap hit. Reiff shouldnít be feeling to comfy either but 6 million is a lot to eat so heís likely back at LT again. At the very least we better have 2 new starting guards in 2019. We can probably get by with Reiff but our interior was just awful this year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,405
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I took a quick look at some potential draft picks and at first glance I saw an OT from Wisconsin who looks to be available when we pick at 18. Wisconsin is always putting quality lineman in the NFL. David Edwards is the name. Another I saw is Greg Little from Ole Miss. Jonah Williams is the top OT in this class but doubtful he falls to 18.

    If Zim wants to be able to run the ball heís going to need lineman who can get the job done. Only OíNeill should be able to lay claim to starting job in 2019. I can give Elflein a pass because of his injury hurting his off-season but he wasnít exactly a good lineman last year either. Luckily we can cut Remmers with a minimal cap hit. Reiff shouldnít be feeling to comfy either but 6 million is a lot to eat so heís likely back at LT again. At the very least we better have 2 new starting guards in 2019. We can probably get by with Reiff but our interior was just awful this year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Elflein had some struggles this year but mostly with power bull rushes, I think jumping in right at the start of the season impacted his strength and conditioning and I don't see them looking to replace him in the next year. The guys on either side of him were absolutely paathetic as well.

    Reiff I disagree on. I think he could be a potential trade candidate but should by no means feel safe, he was a literal turnstyle this year. There are options in the draft to replace him.

    GUARDS- we need help here.

    Also, I understand the calls for Oline but lets not totally discredit Speilman.
    When the draft started we expected Easton at Rg and Berger announced his retirement 3 weeks prior
    Reiff and Remmers were both above average last year and who could have expected such a huge decline from last year
    Oneil was a guy we all scoffed at and wow what a pick he ended up being
    Aviante Collins was actually playing very well too start the preseason but got injured

    He for sure deserves some blame for the Oline but he has made efforts to sign big name FA lineman every single season and has drafted starters. They just can't seem to get away from the injury bug when it comes to Oline.

    They could go any way in the draft depending on who they keep in FA but Barra and Waynes are the big swing guys:
    Is Barr goes, they may need to spend that $ on a FA OG and draft a LB ( Barr is up and down but we don't have LB depth and Gedeon sucks in my opinion)
    If Waynes goes it should be via a trade and they should have additional draft ammo

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,950
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Elflein had some struggles this year but mostly with power bull rushes, I think jumping in right at the start of the season impacted his strength and conditioning and I don't see them looking to replace him in the next year. The guys on either side of him were absolutely paathetic as well.

    Reiff I disagree on. I think he could be a potential trade candidate but should by no means feel safe, he was a literal turnstyle this year. There are options in the draft to replace him.

    GUARDS- we need help here.

    Also, I understand the calls for Oline but lets not totally discredit Speilman.
    When the draft started we expected Easton at Rg and Berger announced his retirement 3 weeks prior
    Reiff and Remmers were both above average last year and who could have expected such a huge decline from last year
    Oneil was a guy we all scoffed at and wow what a pick he ended up being
    Aviante Collins was actually playing very well too start the preseason but got injured

    He for sure deserves some blame for the Oline but he has made efforts to sign big name FA lineman every single season and has drafted starters. They just can't seem to get away from the injury bug when it comes to Oline.

    They could go any way in the draft depending on who they keep in FA but Barra and Waynes are the big swing guys:
    Is Barr goes, they may need to spend that $ on a FA OG and draft a LB ( Barr is up and down but we don't have LB depth and Gedeon sucks in my opinion)
    If Waynes goes it should be via a trade and they should have additional draft ammo
    Completely forgot about Easton. Either way, I think our interior o-line is by far the weakest position on the team. Not sure if there will be any available guards worthy of the 18 pick. If not, draft a tackle and hope somebody can move inside.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,062
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Elflein had some struggles this year but mostly with power bull rushes, I think jumping in right at the start of the season impacted his strength and conditioning and I don't see them looking to replace him in the next year. The guys on either side of him were absolutely paathetic as well.

    Reiff I disagree on. I think he could be a potential trade candidate but should by no means feel safe, he was a literal turnstyle this year. There are options in the draft to replace him.

    GUARDS- we need help here.

    Also, I understand the calls for Oline but lets not totally discredit Speilman.
    When the draft started we expected Easton at Rg and Berger announced his retirement 3 weeks prior
    Reiff and Remmers were both above average last year and who could have expected such a huge decline from last year
    Oneil was a guy we all scoffed at and wow what a pick he ended up being
    Aviante Collins was actually playing very well too start the preseason but got injured

    He for sure deserves some blame for the Oline but he has made efforts to sign big name FA lineman every single season and has drafted starters. They just can't seem to get away from the injury bug when it comes to Oline.

    They could go any way in the draft depending on who they keep in FA but Barra and Waynes are the big swing guys:
    Is Barr goes, they may need to spend that $ on a FA OG and draft a LB ( Barr is up and down but we don't have LB depth and Gedeon sucks in my opinion)
    If Waynes goes it should be via a trade and they should have additional draft ammo
    Iím willing to give Elflein a pass because of the injury but he struggled with the bull rush last year too. Hopefully a healthy offseason allows him to take a leap forward. Heís never going to be elite but I still expect him to become a solid player.

    PFF graded Reiff as above average and the 24th overall tackle. That seems about right to me. He had some awful moments but for the most part heís good enough. I doubt anybody trades for him and it doesnít make sense to cut him without a replacement ready. Plus thatís too big of a cap hit to take. He should feel some heat but he might have been our best lineman overall. I know, not saying much.

    We can cut Sendejo and Remmers for sure. Iím going to assume Richardson is gone, unless he agrees to another 1 year deal. I expect Griffen and Rudolph to be restructured. Especially Griffen, considering Weatherly really stepped in during his absence. We should be able to create enough cap space to make a decent signing along the o-line. Maybe do something like sign Roger Saffold (if he reaches the market) and then draft another guard in the 1st or 2nd round. Iím hoping we can sign a guard who is a definite starter so we can be more flexible in the first round. Usually the best value for a guard each year is in the 2nd round. If we sign a guard we could look for a DT (this class is LOADED at DT) or a play maker like Noah Fant. This class looks like itís going to have talent at the positions we need help at the most.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,820
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I took a quick look at some potential draft picks and at first glance I saw an OT from Wisconsin who looks to be available when we pick at 18. Wisconsin is always putting quality lineman in the NFL. David Edwards is the name. Another I saw is Greg Little from Ole Miss. Jonah Williams is the top OT in this class but doubtful he falls to 18.

    If Zim wants to be able to run the ball heís going to need lineman who can get the job done. Only OíNeill should be able to lay claim to starting job in 2019. I can give Elflein a pass because of his injury hurting his off-season but he wasnít exactly a good lineman last year either. Luckily we can cut Remmers with a minimal cap hit. Reiff shouldnít be feeling to comfy either but 6 million is a lot to eat so heís likely back at LT again. At the very least we better have 2 new starting guards in 2019. We can probably get by with Reiff but our interior was just awful this year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Reiff is starting at LT next year our offseason was a complete failure in my opinion. That position is way too important and we canít keep rolling scrubs out there and expecting better results. Itís time for Spielman to put up or shut up in regards to improving the offensive line this offseason or else iím done with him.
    Last edited by nasthemasta; 01-01-2019 at 07:30 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    33,140
    Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    If Reiff is starting at LT next year our offseason was a complete failure in my opinion. That position is way too important and we canít keep rolling scrubs out there and expecting better results. Itís time for Spielman to put up or shut up in regards to improving the offensive line this offseason or else iím done with him.
    It's going to be hard to cut Reiff though with his cap hit.
    We need 3 new OLmen imo. O'Neill and Elflein are the only 2 worth keeping. Compton and Remmers absolutely must gtfo.
    Wonder if there's any chance Easton is able to come back next year? He wasn't amazing, but was far better than what we threw out there this year.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,062
    Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    If Reiff is starting at LT next year our offseason was a complete failure in my opinion. That position is way too important and we canít keep rolling scrubs out there and expecting better results. Itís time for Spielman to put up or shut up in regards to improving the offensive line this offseason or else iím done with him.
    I said this earlier but Iím confused on the Reiff criticism. This feels a little like guilty by association. PFF ranked him as the 24th overall tackle. I agree he had his bad moments, like the Bills game, but Reiff is serviceable. What I saw the majority of our issues on the line came from the interior. Reiff isnít elite by an means but again serviceable. This FA class doesnít have a clear replacement. At 18th overall there is no guarantee we find anything in the draft. Then we have the issue of a little over 6 million in dead money we owe Reiff if we cut him and then we have to find a better OT. I donít see that happening.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,820
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I said this earlier but Iím confused on the Reiff criticism. This feels a little like guilty by association. PFF ranked him as the 24th overall tackle. I agree he had his bad moments, like the Bills game, but Reiff is serviceable. What I saw the majority of our issues on the line came from the interior. Reiff isnít elite by an means but again serviceable. This FA class doesnít have a clear replacement. At 18th overall there is no guarantee we find anything in the draft. Then we have the issue of a little over 6 million in dead money we owe Reiff if we cut him and then we have to find a better OT. I donít see that happening.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I donít mind keeping Reiff especially if it costs 6 million against the cap if heís cut, but he should not be locked into a starting spot by any means. I respect PFF but i also trust what I watch every sunday, and Reiff gets beat far too often to rely on him in a pivotal year next year. We need to bring in multiple quality lineman through the draft and free agency and have an open competition all across the board. If Reiff is good enough to win a job in camp thatís fine, but we all know how injuries kill us year after year on the o-line and you need to have depth. Reiff would be a GREAT swing lineman thatís first off the bench in case of injury. I know thatís an expensive reserve but he can play guard and both tackle positions so heís very flexible. You have to believe that with a strong emphasis on offensive line in the draft and free agency weíd be able to add at least a solid tackle and 2 interior lineman. Some major overhaul needs to be done with the starting unit. Compton and Remmers should be cut and Reiff should be battling for a job and preferably in a swing role in my opinion.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,062
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I said this earlier but Iím confused on the Reiff criticism. This feels a little like guilty by association. PFF ranked him as the 24th overall tackle. I agree he had his bad moments, like the Bills game, but Reiff is serviceable. What I saw the majority of our issues on the line came from the interior. Reiff isnít elite by an means but again serviceable. This FA class doesnít have a clear replacement. At 18th overall there is no guarantee we find anything in the draft. Then we have the issue of a little over 6 million in dead money we owe Reiff if we cut him and then we have to find a better OT. I donít see that happening.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You likely have to over pay for the top guys but you can find value. It's going to be hard to find 2 starting guards in the draft. I think one of them will have to be a FA. Andy Levitre would be a solid a pick up to play LG. Then on draft day you find your starting RG in the 1st or 2nd round.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    My initial Mock Draft for 2019:

    1. OL
    2. OL
    3. OL
    3. OL
    4. OL
    4. OL
    6. OL
    6. OL
    7. OL
    7. OL

    Do you see a pattern here, Rick?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Someone is going to have to teach him what the offensive line is.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,950
    Hey, it's my annual favorite thread. I know it's early but anyone have a line on the mid 1st round offensive line talent?

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •