Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    That's a lot of draft capital and cap space tied up in three players, and the Jets still need a lot of OL help.
    Agreed
    Its a fun thought though

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Would you? This years first for OBJ and nest years 1rst and 3rd for Brown and then sign Bell?

Talk about a transformation
    Nope.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Nope.
    Too many divas?

Too many divas?
    Yeah, it sounds good if you're playing Madden but in real life can you imagine Brown and OBJ on the same team!?!? And there is always a TON of running backs every year in the later rounds. And we could always take a flyer on Hunt when he comes available again. He's got the talent and will be playing in the NFL again at some point.

Roberrts. lol

As for you next post, it's amazing how quickly people forget picks or FAs about which they were happy and excited.
    Every fan that I know was thrilled with the Johnson signing. Hopefully the next HC instills serious discipline across the board.
    Henry Anderson, Avery Williamson and Long were very good signings and while they may not have made us a great team, they were steps in doing just that. The vast majority of Jets fans also loved those signings.
    Totally agree, I canít remember a single Jet fan upset about the Trumaine signing

Would you? This years first for OBJ and nest years 1rst and 3rd for Brown and then sign Bell?

No on OBJ, I think heís a giant vag
    Depending on how this FA period goes and the draft, Iíd think long and hard about AB, but at most only a first rounder

If somehow Dee Ford or Demarcus Lawrence are available to sign and we draft a LT, I certainly wouldnít mind Samís targets to be Bell, AB, Enunwa, Anderson, and Herndon...that should be pretty lethal
    Last edited by Larry M; 01-03-2019 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    No on OBJ, I think heís a giant vag
    Depending on how this FA period goes and the draft, Iíd think long and hard about AB, but at most only a first rounder

If somehow Dee Ford or Demarcus Lawrence are available to sign and we draft a LT, I certainly wouldnít mind Samís targets to be Bell, AB, Enunwa, Anderson, and Herndon...that should be pretty lethal
    I think ABís value is closer to a 3rd or 4th.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I think ABís value is closer to a 3rd or 4th.
    I need some of what your smoking if you believe his trade value is the same as Golden Tate. It'll cost more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    I need some of what your smoking if you believe his trade value is the same as Golden Tate. It'll cost more than that.
    Heís going to be 31 when the season starts, I would part with a 3rd max. Canít send 1ís Or 2ís for an aging receiver thatís just not good practice. Iím down for Bell, but pass on Brown.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Heís going to be 31 when the season starts, I would part with a 3rd max. Canít send 1ís Or 2ís for an aging receiver thatís just not good practice. Iím down for Bell, but pass on Brown.
    He's also already owed a ton of money, and is only available due to being very publicly disgruntled. All of those things diminish his value.

A 31 year old malcontent that is owed a ton of money.

Brandon Marshall was worth a 5th and was 31 years old, Holmes was worth a 5th and he was 26. All three were malcontents.

I quit smoking 11 years ago.

A 31 year old malcontent that is owed a ton of money.

Brandon Marshall was worth a 5th and was 31 years old, Holmes was worth a 5th and he was 26. All three were malcontents.

I quit smoking 11 years ago.
    Dude you seriously just compared the best receiver of the past decade with Brandon Marshall and Holmes. Not even comparable. I'm not saying we should trade for him but if you think a guy coming off 6 straight 100 catch seasons and just set a career high 15 TDs is gonna be had for a 3rd or 4th rounder I dunno what to tell ya.

I would do that in a heartbeat. But if we just stick to free agency and the draft, I'd go all in on Bell, Golden Taint and Clowney. If that happens, then they could draft that LT from Alabama, or preferably trade down and hopefully pick up either a second, or future first and address the OL that way.

If they can pull that off, on offense, we'd start by having Bell as our stud back. The WR combination of Taint, Robbie Anderson, and Enunwa would be very solid, and at TE, Herndon would be a great compliment to them. That leaves O-line as our biggest need, but that's where the draft comes in.

As far as the D goes, Clowney would take care of that glaring pass rusher need, and our LB's are actually pretty solid. The secondary needs Trumaine to play the way he's getting paid to play. After that, we need Maye to stay healthy, and we just need Adams to continue playing like an all-pro!
    Last edited by lamonster; 01-03-2019 at 08:45 PM.

Off season thread- FO, please listen to Jamal Adams

Dude you seriously just compared the best receiver of the past decade with Brandon Marshall and Holmes. Not even comparable. I'm not saying we should trade for him but if you think a guy coming off 6 straight 100 catch seasons and just set a career high 15 TDs is gonna be had for a 3rd or 4th rounder I dunno what to tell ya.
    Brandon Marshall was a beast.
    Look up his stats. And who did he have throwing to him, Cutler & Fitzpatrick. Not some future hall of famer.

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    I would do that in a heartbeat. But if we just stick to free agency and the draft, I'd go all in on Bell, Golden Taint and Clowney. If that happens, then they could draft that LT from Alabama, or preferably trade down and hopefully pick up either a second, or future first and address the OL that way.

If they can pull that off, on offense, we'd start by having Bell as our stud back. The WR combination of Taint, Robbie Anderson, and Enunwa would be very solid, and at TE, Herndon would be a great compliment to them. That leaves O-line as our biggest need, but that's where the draft comes in.

As far as the D goes, Clowney would take care of that glaring pass rusher need, and our LB's are actually pretty solid. The secondary needs Trumaine to play the way he's getting paid to play. After that, we need Maye to stay healthy, and we just need Adams to continue playing like an all-pro!
    I love this post. Sign me up.

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast