Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
    Montgomery can return kicks.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Montgomery can return kicks.
    Imo not resigning Roberts was a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    Imo not resigning Roberts was a mistake.
    Roberts provides nothing offensively.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Roberts provides nothing offensively.
    Well his impact was giving the Jets quality starting position, and as a pro bowler he obviously did.

Would rather not risk my backup RB to STs injury, especially since we already have to watch the workload of our RB1.

We also signed the Giants former returner.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Well his impact was giving the Jets quality starting position, and as a pro bowler he obviously did.

Would rather not risk my backup RB to STs injury, especially since we already have to watch the workload of our RB1.

We also signed the Giants former returner.
    Again Roberts provides nothing offensively. Boyer had more of an impact on the return game than Roberts.

Punt and kick returners are a dime a dozen, not someone you pay 4, 5 million dollars to. I am with Clay on this one; what did Roberts provide offensively? He was what, a #4 or #5 WR. Just look at most of the top kick and punt returners in the NFL; they provide very little elsewhere to their respective teams!
    Eichel Tower

Again Roberts provides nothing offensively. Boyer had more of an impact on the return game than Roberts.
    Was Roberts a pro bowler?

He obviously had an effect on offensive field position.

No matter, he's no longer here.

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Punt and kick returners are a dime a dozen, not someone you pay 4, 5 million dollars to. I am with Clay on this one; what did Roberts provide offensively? He was what, a #4 or #5 WR. Just look at most of the top kick and punt returners in the NFL; they provide very little elsewhere to their respective teams!
    What is there to be with on Clay?
    Roberts signed elsewhere and was never going to get that money from the Jets.

Doubtful we'll get someone as good or better but we have some decent STs players.

If we could have drafted a young Devin Hester, you wouldn't have been interested?
    I would've, even if he's a WR4 or WR5.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Was Roberts a pro bowler?

He obviously had an effect on offensive field position.

No matter, he's no longer here.
    But why bring in another elder vet?
    Might as well draft one in the later rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    But why bring in another elder vet?
    Might as well draft one in the later rounds
    We already brought in a vet returner.

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132