Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

Off season thread

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...230-story.html

Adams had some brutally honest words for ownership and management.
    "We need more Dawgs"

March 13th can't come soon enough

**** off. Where's my title

I may be in the minority but I think it was a stupid thing to say, even though he is 100% correct.

I think it's his style and I think it's who he is to the core. I love it. I don't think it was disrespectful. If anything, it calls out guys like Johnson and Robertson. It also calls out other guys to step it up.

If the Jets can get even a few of those type of guys, it will change the team and culture dramatically. They need more internal leadership.

I hate spreading pessimism but how can I have faith in a team that is owned by a company that put asbestos in baby products for decades? This team will never be successful because our leadership suxxxx azzz. I just hope Sam and Jamal find their way outta here so they don't waste their prime years

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think it's his style and I think it's who he is to the core. I love it. I don't think it was disrespectful. If anything, it calls out guys like Johnson and Robertson. It also calls out other guys to step it up.

If the Jets can get even a few of those type of guys, it will change the team and culture dramatically. They need more internal leadership.
    Robertson?

It is said that leaders are born not bred but clearly the Jets do not have enough of them. The fact that a 2nd year guy is the vocal leader on the team speak volumes regarding the lack of leadership in the Jets locker room.

I hope Management get the message loud and clear. Find players who are both skilled and passionate about Football - and not just in it for the paycheck.

Easier said than done but this is why season ticket holders pay you the big bucks Mr. Johnson and Mr. Maccagnan.

Quote Originally Posted by yardcore View Post
    It is said that leaders are born not bred but clearly the Jets do not have enough of them. The fact that a 2nd year guy is the vocal leader on the team speak volumes regarding the lack of leadership in the Jets locker room.

I hope Management get the message loud and clear. Find players who are both skilled and passionate about Football - and not just in it for the paycheck.

Easier said than done but this is why season ticket holders pay you the big bucks Mr. Johnson and Mr. Maccagnan.
    Adams is a pretty special guy, guys like him are rare. Coming out of the draft, everyone spoke of his elite leadership skills, you donít hear that a lot from draft reports.

Were you against the Trumaine Johnson signing when it happened? Sometimes elite skills and passion arenít available via FA

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Robertson?
    Roberrts. lol

As for you next post, it's amazing how quickly people forget picks or FAs about which they were happy and excited.
    Every fan that I know was thrilled with the Johnson signing. Hopefully the next HC instills serious discipline across the board.
    Henry Anderson, Avery Williamson and Long were very good signings and while they may not have made us a great team, they were steps in doing just that. The vast majority of Jets fans also loved those signings.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    I hate spreading pessimism but how can I have faith in a team that is owned by a company that put asbestos in baby products for decades? This team will never be successful because our leadership suxxxx azzz. I just hope Sam and Jamal find their way outta here so they don't waste their prime years
    I think Chris Johnson is better than woody. I certainly get the pessimism but I think a couple more players like Adams, one on the O-Line, D-line and RB/WRs and this team will be in good shape. I think Williams is starting to be that guy on the D-line.
    We need that and we need some guys with motors, serious motors. We need guys to hold each other accountable. High motor players tend to do that.

I think this team is much closer than you might think. With the right moves, they can be a worst to first team.

I like Adams a lot, but in general I would rather players talk less. No need to add scrutiny in a market in which the sharks are always circling. It will never end well.

I think players need to stick to playing.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I think Chris Johnson is better than woody. I certainly get the pessimism but I think a couple more players like Adams, one on the O-Line, D-line and RB/WRs and this team will be in good shape. I think Williams is starting to be that guy on the D-line.
    We need that and we need some guys with motors, serious motors. We need guys to hold each other accountable. High motor players tend to do that.

I think this team is much closer than you might think. With the right moves, they can be a worst to first team.
    The Jets are a franchise that have owners that are not meddlesome and a willing to spend the money. That is a great situation for any in coming Coach.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Would you? This years first for OBJ and nest years 1rst and 3rd for Brown and then sign Bell?

Talk about a transformation

I will say this and this is only one man's opinion when it comes to the head coach: I don't care if the coach has an offensive background, defensive background, special teams background, etc. All I am looking for out of the next head coach is someone who makes NY Jets football meaningful in November, December, January, and hopefully February. If you look at the NY Jets the last few years, football has been largely meaningless in these months and in the past 2 seasons, the Jets have played New England in week 17. On the surface, this should be a big game for any Jet fan and quite honestly, this Jets fan really could have cared less. The Jets weren't winning; they weren't going to look good, and quite honestly, I wasn't upset at all by the 38-3 score Sunday. I was more interested in hearing Bowles got fired and that is really sad that it has come to this!
    Eichel Tower

Would you? This years first for OBJ and nest years 1rst and 3rd for Brown and then sign Bell?

Talk about a transformation
    That's a lot of draft capital and cap space tied up in three players, and the Jets still need a lot of OL help.

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast