Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    @richcimini
    Widely speculated the #Ravens are getting a fourth-round pick for Joe Flacco, a former Super Bowl champ. The #Jets got a low 3 for Teddy Bridgewater, who had missed nearly two full seasons. I think the Jets did well on that trade.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Hey guys itís been a while but Iím back and been thinking about ways to get the most bang for our buck out of this off season and wanted to see what the concensious was. We all know we have a ton of cap space, Now Iím sure there are some who hate and some who love the Idea of Bell. My thing is we have the money we have to spend it and why not spend it on one of the most dynamic players in this decade to be Darnolds safety valve and playmaker. The thing about this is the contracts could line up perfectly to pay Bell until itís time to pay Darnold. Obviously if it works out they will have to come up with some more money when the time comes. Also it doesnít have to be Bell Ingram is available too but Give Sam the tools to be sucsessful.
    Secondly they need a pass rushher out of this FA class Lawrence, Ford, Clowny, or Anish obviously pay them what they are worth and donít over spend unless maybe for Lawrence. So if these issues get taken care of they move on to the rest of the team filling holes and depth.
    The draft comes we hold the 3rd pick I say we offer that pick up with these holes already filled move back a little bit and add a second rounder. Picking up playmaker like Kíneel Harry or that type. Hopefully netting us a new prolific playmaker. While using the rest of the draft and our new second round pick on talent and depth. This is the plan that makes the most sense to me. Get everything you can this year while not having to pay our Qb for a few years, and giving him what he needs to be successful.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    That's good news for the Jets.

I know AB is starting to get older, but if we were able to get 4 or 5 more high level years out of him at the cost of just a 3rd round pick??

I know they say wr fall off in their 30ís but most of the top tier ones donít usually really fall off till like mid 30s.. I think he he still has some big years ahead of him and there is nothing on the FA market that comes close to him..

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuckFaston View Post
    I know AB is starting to get older, but if we were able to get 4 or 5 more high level years out of him at the cost of just a 3rd round pick??

I know they say wr fall off in their 30ís but most of the top tier ones donít usually really fall off till like mid 30s.. I think he he still has some big years ahead of him and there is nothing on the FA market that comes close to him..
    Given all of the drama surrounding AB, if I was the Jets I wouldn't give up anything higher than their late 3rd rounder for him. That would eliminate a draft/FA need and they could then try to find a diamond in the rough in an undrafted FA. A WR corp of AB/Anderson/Enunwa would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Given all of the drama surrounding AB, if I was the Jets I wouldn't give up anything higher than their late 3rd rounder for him. That would eliminate a draft/FA need and they could then try to find a diamond in the rough in an undrafted FA. A WR corp of AB/Anderson/Enunwa would be great.
    Would you swap 1st rounders?

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    No way

Waiting for Spring training.

No. He is older, gets paid a ton and is surrounded by drama. One could argue that the Jets should stay away completely, so I wouldn't lose premium draft capital for him.

Iíd be willing to go as high as our 2020 2nd rounder.. Iíd give our own 3rd rounder this year for him..

Heís in awesome shape still and think heís a good bargain at the 3 years left on his contract that heís getting paid..

#Patriots are not expected to use the franchise tag on DL Trey Flowers.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678