Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    Rex Ryan is reportedly telling potential assistant coaches he has a "solid chance" of landing the Dolphins' job if Adam Gase is fired.
    I would change "telling" with "begging"...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

For anyone who is worried about Tannehill being released / traded, there is a bright side. It leaves more time to talk about how Charles Harris is about to blossom into a pass rushing menace. Just because his sack total was slightly down this year is not a reason to give up on him. It was Matt Burke's fault for misusing him. Otherwise he would have at least matched his 2 sacks from last year. Still, 1 sack isn't bad.
    Caroo was way down from his 7 catch season last year only bringing in 2. But he did catch a big one to help us win a game a few weeks ago so he is clutch and his average is 47 yds a catch this season so he is on his potential Pro Bowl material.

In all seriousness, Despite these 2 horrible picks, I think Chris Grier isn't bad. Drake, Howard, FitzPatrick (although I wanted to go after a QB as you may remember) are solid guys to build around. Ballage looks better than I thought running the ball. Baker looks good in a bad defensive year and I always thought Godchaux and Taylor were decent values although I may be wrong on those, it is hard to see the pile on TV sometimes. I always complain that Tunsil gets penalties (he gets a few but not an exorbitant number) but he is definitely more than a solid lineman and we haven't had a lot of those in the past 20 years. He'll be a Pro Bowl guy at some point if he continues to improve. I always thought Grier could do fine and maybe if Tannenbum gets fired and Grier stays he may do well on his own. That might or might not not happen though. We'll see.

The only thing I like about Rex is his press conferences...

Rex rode a very good defense his first few seasons in NY, then the wheels fell off and Rex went bye bye...

IMO, he will never take anything less than a HC job...

One more thing, Rex IMO is the worst clock managing coach of all time... Absolutely atrocious...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

Pretty much sums up how the Bills ended our season and what Miami should do.

https://t.co/9Fr4KWk9H4

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    Caroo was way down from his 7 catch season last year only bringing in 2. But he did catch a big one to help us win a game a few weeks ago so he is clutch and his average is 47 yds a catch this season so he is on his potential Pro Bowl material.
    I'm lost... When did Caroo catch a big one that helped Miami to a win...???

Reggie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    I always complain that Tunsil gets penalties (he gets a few but not an exorbitant number) but he is definitely more than a solid lineman and we haven't had a lot of those in the past 20 years. He'll be a Pro Bowl guy at some point if he continues to improve.
    Terrible QB's will always overshadow good OLinemen, especially OT's...

Reggie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Fishheads View Post
    Pretty much sums up how the Bills ended our season and what Miami should do.

https://t.co/9Fr4KWk9H4
    Stop Drop and Roll...

Reggie Lewis

Per @flasportsbuzz, Chris Grier will return as general manager of the @MiamiDolphins.

No word on Mike Tannenbaum.

News conference at 11:15 AM.

There were reports that Dan Campbell had a very impressive interview with the Dolphins when they hired adam Gase. Stephen Ross is also reported to "love Dan Campbell." If Tannenbaum/Grier remain, I wonder if he gets another interview.

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    There were reports that Dan Campbell had a very impressive interview with the Dolphins when they hired adam Gase. Stephen Ross is also reported to "love Dan Campbell." If Tannenbaum/Grier remain, I wonder if he gets another interview.
    Campbell is 2nd on my list, with Rizzi being 3rd. I loved Campbell and would be happy if he returned

The Miami Dolphins today announced Grier will oversee football operations reporting directly to owner Stephen Ross.

New HC will almost certainly mean a new QB. I like Tanny, and I wouldn't be terribly upset if he returned next year before we (hopefully) go all in on the 2020 QB class. But I think its time to tear it down a little and rebuild right.

And i'm glad Grier will be back. Its time to get a HC that does not have total player control.

Extend Howard
    Extend Tunsil
    Re-sign JJ to an appropriate deal
    Re-sign Wake
    Release Kiko
    Release Quinn
    Release Branch
    Release Parker

Would our personnel allow a switch to a 3-4 if a new coaching regime comes in? Harris, Wake, Baker as pass-rushing LB's with MacMillan and FA/draftee at ILB. IMO its easier and cheaper to get 3-4 OLB than it is to get pass-rushing DE. plus the Draft is stocked with DL prospects that can play both DT and DE.

Finally . . .YES! Hopefully Tannenbaum is completely gone.

31st ranked offense and 29th ranked defense. We are more like a 3-13 team, we overachieved enough to get an average draft pick. So many holes on offense and defense, good luck to whoever takes over.

Is it just me or could this have all been avoided if RT's option wasn't picked up in 15'...???

Ryan Tannehill is the Jason Garrett of Miami... Continues to keep his job while he continues to show why he should not be the starting QB for the Miami Dolphins...

IMO, since Gase lasted the whole season, then I think he should have been given another year... The way the team was headed during the season Gase should have been fired mid-season... See how the players reacted and maybe it would lit a fire under their as**s to finish as strong as they could... Each week that went by you could just see checking out...

Reggie Lewis

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast