Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758
    Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    Per Finszone

Hearing that rookie Wes Farnsworth could take John Denneyís seat as the #Dolphins new long snapper.
    Not surprised. It sounded like he had Denney on the ropes a few weeks ago.

Barry Jackson reported that Kiko might be on the roster bubble at the moment. Eguaveon playing well is taking more snaps away from him then it is Raekwon. Cutting Kiko now would only save 25k in cap space but 4million in cash.

It would be a very Dolphins move to keep Kiko for an entire offseason when you could have easily cut him and saved some cap space if you made the move earlier.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Salary wise it should be Kiko... Maybe there's a chance they could trade him...

I'd give Raekwon one more year... LB position always have injuries... Make him work by putting him also on the ST unit...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Barry Jackson reported that Kiko might be on the roster bubble at the moment. Eguaveon playing well is taking more snaps away from him then it is Raekwon. Cutting Kiko now would only save 25k in cap space but 4million in cash.

It would be a very Dolphins move to keep Kiko for an entire offseason when you could have easily cut him and saved some cap space if you made the move earlier.
    I would have thought they might be trying to trade him (for a pick or some oline depth, for example). Somebody out there may have looked at his 125 tackles and fall in love while ignoring his deficiencies.

Baker taking the helm as the best LBer on the team is a sight for sore eyes. The dude is legit. I always thought Kiko was a better MLB, and we need bodies out there. based on talent, i'd take Kiko over Raekwon. I never liked the Raekwon pick, and it just hasn't panned out. Eguaveon looks so dang good right now, it will be hard to stop him from earning a starting spot right now.

But I don't think anyone is trading for Kiko . . . he's just not worth the pick to teams imo. I think Kiko would have been gone next year anyways, so cutting him loose this year only helps the young guys get more reps.

I thought Kiko improved vs. the run this year, but he had to. He took a lot of bad angles last year. I think everyone knows his pass coverage skills are non-existent. I would prefer those snaps go to somebody with potential if they are younger, because at this point, potential outweighs what Kiko has IMHO. I would think somebody out there could have been sucked into possibly giving up a 5th or 6th. Too late now though. Everyone will just wait for cuts and probably get a one-year solution.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 08-20-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Beasley is reporting that the team is close to a 4 year extension for Grant.

Nobody will trade for Kiko except maybe Gase. I'd be happy with getting rid of Kiko but at this point it's just kinda pointless.

Nobody will trade for Kiko except maybe Gase. I'd be happy with getting rid of Kiko but at this point it's just kinda pointless.
    Gase was the first on my mind when I suggested that. I just know there are usually a few teams that are run by people who seem to have no vision of what they want to build as far as money allocation to positions and getting players that fit the system or compliment each other. They seem to have no idea beyond looking at some stats. But yes it is too late.

Beasley is reporting that the team is close to a 4 year extension for Grant.
    Great news. Timing is perfect, he was starting to show signs of being a very important weapon and will probably be even more so in this offense.

The deal is 4 years 24 million. No word on the guaranteed money yet.

I love Grant as much as the next guy, but it feels a little weird for him to get that much when he doesnt even have 50 catches in the NFL. The staff obviously loves him but this feels a little weird to me espcially when you consider the log jam at WR.

This deal is very similar to the Taylor Gabriel deal last year, but at least Gabriel became the #2 WR on the team. I just dont see where Grant is going to get all of his play time at yet. Hes not a slot guy, isnt as good of a deep option as Stills is and has Parker and now William's ahead of him for the X position. Just feels weird.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 08-21-2019 at 11:17 AM.

I love Grant as much as the next guy, but it feels a little weird for him to get that much when he doesnt even have 50 catches in the NFL. The staff obviously loves him but this feels a little weird to me espcially when you consider the log jam at WR.

This deal is very similar to the Taylor Gabriel deal last year, but at least Gabriel became the #2 WR on the team. I just dont see where Grant is going to get all of his play time at yet. Hes not a slot guy, isnt as good of a deep option as Stills is and has Parker and now William's ahead of him for the X position. Just feels weird.
    its a lot of cash for sure, but the guy is a ST ace, can take the top off a defense at any moment, and is a HR threat with the ball in his hands every time he touches it. Got to spend money for game-breakers, and he is one of them. Stills and/or Wilson, along with Parker most likely will be gone after 2019.

This probably means they will let Stills go next year and Grant will be taking the top off next year. They probably expect him to become that #2 for us. It isn't about this year, they may actually have a freakin' plan, which we have not seen here in decades!! Sorry, very excited. Also, he was coming on when he got hurt last year so I'm happy to see this organization being proactive for a change. I also wonder if they have been using him in different ways in practice and like how it is working, or just looking at him they know they can do more with him, which will inflate his numbers. This makes locking him up now even smarter.

Also, won't many guys be playing slot this year? I would think he could do well there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    This probably means they will let Stills go next year and Grant will be taking the top off next year. They probably expect him to become that #2 for us. It isn't about this year, they may actually have a freakin' plan, which we have not seen here in decades!! Sorry, very excited. Also, he was coming on when he got hurt last year so I'm happy to see this organization being proactive for a change. I also wonder if they have been using him in different ways in practice and like how it is working, or just looking at him they know they can do more with him, which will inflate his numbers. This makes locking him up now even smarter.

Also, won't many guys be playing slot this year? I would think he could do well there.
    New England used a lot of big guys in the slot so I'd expect Parker, Geiscki, Stills and Wilson to play in the slot.

I know a ton of people want to get rid of Stills but dude is one of the best deep threats in the NFL. I just don't see why you'd want to move on from him.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

New England used a lot of big guys in the slot so I'd expect Parker, Geiscki, Stills and Wilson to play in the slot.

I know a ton of people want to get rid of Stills but dude is one of the best deep threats in the NFL. I just don't see why you'd want to move on from him.
    The only reason I could see moving on from Stills is because at age 28 or so, he would be looking to make his money on this next contract. After that one he knows it is probably difficult to make as much money so they probably expect him to shop around at least a bit. Moves like this keep the team in a better bargaining position. Plus, if Grant is injured a lot they can go ahead with Stills, but he becomes an option, not a piece that will make or break the team.
    That's good to know about the slot. I think they will use him more underneath from any position if they mimic the cheats. Like Edelman, or whichever shifty quick guy they like to throw those 5 yard passes to year to year. I'm not sure who, I rarely watch their games anymore.

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758