Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 211
  1. #196
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    14,399
    I see it differently. I see Tyree on Allen level throwing but not athleticism. He has athleticism but he isn't as good of a runner or even close

    someone needs to get me to stop watching Josh Jacobs film

  2. #197
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,173
    Grier would not be foolish enough to draft a RB in the first 3-4 rounds, not with Drake just waiting to break out and Ballage right behind him.

    A lot of people think Murray falls to the late 1st rd, which makes me think he will be there for MIA. The guy has more athleticism than Jackson last year, stronger arm than Darnold and Baker, but has so little experience. Its scary to think that he could be in MIA because then we know who MIA is going to build around (a scrambling freak of nature with a cannon of an arm, but low pocket-presence and about average accuracy) as opposed to a pure pocket passer with real QB height. Would I be angry? No, because we'd at least be trying to get a franchise QB. He's not getting past WSH at #15, so if Grier likes him, then you better just take him and fill put the team around him. You get him, then you can focus on OL, DL and CB the rest of the way.

  3. #198
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,173
    Rumors are a lot of guys are going to be cut, like Amendola, Sitton, Kilgore, Branch, Quinn, Tanny, Parker and possibly RJ, with a lot of guys not being resigned either. Going to create a ton of cap space. Since we're not signing big time FAs', where is this money going? My guess is that we will be seeing both Tunsil and X getting extended. Two young, talented, ascending guys that could be future leaders on the field and off. Some people think X is a trade target, but that would just be dumb imo. X is a stud. Minkah has the tools to become a stud. Baker has the tools to become a legit pro-bowl LBer. If we want young guys, why get rid of someone like X?

    And with Murray declaring he's going to the NFL full time now and quitting baseball, makes me think he is going to be a legit target of MIA. And why not? Jump-start the rebuild with him as your potential franchise QB. If it doesn't seem to be working out, then we'd be in the running for a top pick in 2020 and/or 2021.

    But if I'm Grier, and Ross to some extent, I'm seriously considering paying X top 5 CB money, extending Tunsil, and doing all of my homework on Murray at #13. If Murray is as dangerous as he seems he could be, we could have our franchise QB and our rebuild gets started a year early. For the people that say he's short, and he's not a pocket passer . . . this guy could be a PA - roll-out nightmare for defenses to defend. Imagine the speed of Murray-Drake/Ballage - Stills/Grant/Wilson? God-speed to all defenses that have to contend with that in 2020. And the amount of cap we would have in 2020 and 2021? Rebuild done within two years!

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,388
    I'm on board with Murray at 13 if hes there. If I had to pick between him or Tua I'd still pick Tua, but with that said I believe Murray is the best QB in this draft. Hes even more athletic than Baker, close to the same height and probably made better throws than Baker. I also have a hard time believing we'll be bad enough to get the top pick next year.

    But with that said, I feel like Murray is going to go down the same route of every QB this fan base wants every year. All of the mocks start with him dropping to us, and eventually teams realize hes good and he goes well before we can pick him. Happens almost every year I feel like. Now that the baseball thing is out of the way teams will realize hes the best QB in this draft. Only teams that wont like him are the ones run by old idiots like the Giants and Jags who want the prototype QB.

  5. #200
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Rumors are a lot of guys are going to be cut, like Amendola, Sitton, Kilgore, Branch, Quinn, Tanny, Parker and possibly RJ, with a lot of guys not being resigned either. Going to create a ton of cap space. Since we're not signing big time FAs', where is this money going? My guess is that we will be seeing both Tunsil and X getting extended. Two young, talented, ascending guys that could be future leaders on the field and off. Some people think X is a trade target, but that would just be dumb imo. X is a stud. Minkah has the tools to become a stud. Baker has the tools to become a legit pro-bowl LBer. If we want young guys, why get rid of someone like X?

    And with Murray declaring he's going to the NFL full time now and quitting baseball, makes me think he is going to be a legit target of MIA. And why not? Jump-start the rebuild with him as your potential franchise QB. If it doesn't seem to be working out, then we'd be in the running for a top pick in 2020 and/or 2021.

    But if I'm Grier, and Ross to some extent, I'm seriously considering paying X top 5 CB money, extending Tunsil, and doing all of my homework on Murray at #13. If Murray is as dangerous as he seems he could be, we could have our franchise QB and our rebuild gets started a year early. For the people that say he's short, and he's not a pocket passer . . . this guy could be a PA - roll-out nightmare for defenses to defend. Imagine the speed of Murray-Drake/Ballage - Stills/Grant/Wilson? God-speed to all defenses that have to contend with that in 2020. And the amount of cap we would have in 2020 and 2021? Rebuild done within two years!
    I have a bad feeling all the talk of tanking for Tua in 2020 is a bit of a smoke screen and Grier and Ross actually both love Kyler Murray. They had a front row seat (best suite at the stadium) for the Oklahoma vs Bama game. Kyler sure filled up the stat sheet but I'm not on board with taking him yet. I want to know his hand size, true height, and if he can throw open receivers. Most of his highlights are throwing to wide open receivers. I believe Murray is at least 2 inches shorter than Baker but he is more elusive than Baker.

    Miami should be looking to cut bad contracts and not resign old vets who aren't an asset in the locker room. As far as X goes, if we don't plan on taking a qb early then we should be looking to trade him. He's 25 now with 1 year remaining on his rookie deal. He will be starting his decline I'd say at age 29/30 our 1st year of having the rebuild over with. Not worth signing to top 5 cornerback $. Trade him now when he as lots of value for a 1st round pick or 2 Seconds. This gives you more ammo to trade up if we don't tank good enough for a top 2 or 3 pick in 2020. To me, trading X. Howard is a no brainer.

    Spend sparingly this off season but mainly spend on the oline and dline. Rolling over cap this offseason and o line upgrades should be the top priorities.

  6. #201
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,388
    People are making a big deal about Murrays height but I dont think it's a problem. Someone on Twitter made a great point that if you're not over 6'5 you can't see over the lineman anyways, so most QBs learn to find passing lanes. The bigger problem is his weight. You want him to put on a bit more weight just to be safe, but hes also a guy that's shown a good ability to avoid hits.

    The reason Murray is so interesting to me is because of the scheme you could build around him. Think of a run first team with an elusive QB like Murray in the Miami heat. You saw exactly what that can do to a great defense in that Alabama game. The dline got exhausted trying to chase him around all day. The only issue with his passing game is just how many of his throws were to the 2nd or 3rd read, but we had the same question about Baker last year and hes doing just fine.

    But again I dont see Murray dropping to us.

  7. #202
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    People are making a big deal about Murrays height but I dont think it's a problem. Someone on Twitter made a great point that if you're not over 6'5 you can't see over the lineman anyways, so most QBs learn to find passing lanes. The bigger problem is his weight. You want him to put on a bit more weight just to be safe, but hes also a guy that's shown a good ability to avoid hits.

    The reason Murray is so interesting to me is because of the scheme you could build around him. Think of a run first team with an elusive QB like Murray in the Miami heat. You saw exactly what that can do to a great defense in that Alabama game. The dline got exhausted trying to chase him around all day. The only issue with his passing game is just how many of his throws were to the 2nd or 3rd read, but we had the same question about Baker last year and hes doing just fine.

    But again I dont see Murray dropping to us.
    If he comes in at less than 5'10" then yes, it is a problem.
    Hand size is another question mark

    If you want Murray to add weight then you're going to lose some elusiveness and speed. If I'm drafting Murray then I don't want him adding weight. I get where your head is at though.
    He does have the baseball background so at least we know he can slide. IT's amazing, to me, how only a handful of qbs know how to freaking slide without getting hurt or looking like a jacka$$.

    I don't think he falls to us either. If he does start to fall then I see a team like the Skins trading a few spots in front of us for him.

    Simmons might have torn his acl so there goes my hopeful pick at #13. I'm liking a trade back even more now.

  8. #203
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    If he comes in at less than 5'10" then yes, it is a problem.
    Hand size is another question mark

    If you want Murray to add weight then you're going to lose some elusiveness and speed. If I'm drafting Murray then I don't want him adding weight. I get where your head is at though.
    He does have the baseball background so at least we know he can slide. IT's amazing, to me, how only a handful of qbs know how to freaking slide without getting hurt or looking like a jacka$$.

    I don't think he falls to us either. If he does start to fall then I see a team like the Skins trading a few spots in front of us for him.

    Simmons might have torn his acl so there goes my hopeful pick at #13. I'm liking a trade back even more now.
    NYG i'm sure will take Haskins . . . DEN is apparently in love with Lock . . . our only true competition would be JAC and WSH. I'm not trading up for him, I'd only take him at #13, or lower with a trade back.

    Simmons would be a GREAT flier pick in rd 3 or 4 if he is still there.

  9. #204
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,715
    I think all the projected 1st rd QB's will be gone by 13... Could be a good thing... Maybe one of the 2nd day QB's show something good to the Phins at a workout...

    I would go OL heavy with the first two rounds... Should have an idea the JJ situation... Get some starter OL talent and get em a full year under their belt if the Phins are gonna target a QB in 20' draft...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  10. #205
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    I think all the projected 1st rd QB's will be gone by 13... Could be a good thing... Maybe one of the 2nd day QB's show something good to the Phins at a workout...

    I would go OL heavy with the first two rounds... Should have an idea the JJ situation... Get some starter OL talent and get em a full year under their belt if the Phins are gonna target a QB in 20' draft...
    I feel like taking a mid round QB might be the best way to calm down some fans and players. They can easily sell someone like Will Grier as someone they really like for this year. Throw him out there and see if you get lucky, but then follow it up with taking your guy early next year.

    I'm really leaning towards moving on from JJ. I know it creates another hole but hes just not worth it to me. He has too many games like the Vikings and Jax game where he just gets beat physically, which is weird since I feel like the best part of his game is his run blocking. But move on, let him get a big contract and get a comp pick in 2020. I want a pass rusher round 1 and then take a few IOL.

  11. #206
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,715
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I feel like taking a mid round QB might be the best way to calm down some fans and players. They can easily sell someone like Will Grier as someone they really like for this year. Throw him out there and see if you get lucky, but then follow it up with taking your guy early next year.
    Exactly... Get a little QB competition going... It's been a while since that happened...

    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I'm really leaning towards moving on from JJ. I know it creates another hole but hes just not worth it to me. He has too many games like the Vikings and Jax game where he just gets beat physically, which is weird since I feel like the best part of his game is his run blocking. But move on, let him get a big contract and get a comp pick in 2020. I want a pass rusher round 1 and then take a few IOL.
    What about Harris...??? Gotta see if he deserved to be a 1st rd pick...

    I also think another starter quality OL is going to fall to the Phins again with all the QB hype... There are some quality big LT's coming out who can slide inside or to RT being that Tunsil has the leftside locked down...

    I'd love to see Tunsil get paired up with a stud LG...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  12. #207
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    635
    If ari takes Murray we should try to throw a 3rd rnd pick for Rosen

  13. #208
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,173
    Flacco to DEN, possibly Foles to JAC, Haskins to NYG? Murray has a shot to be there at #13, especially if there is a run on OL and DL. Would ARZ really draft Murray? I don't think so. I bet ARZ FO told Kingsbury that Rosen is his QB, and they are building around him.

    But if ARZ was naughty and took Murray, I'd gladly throw a 3rd for Rosen . . . even a 2nd. He would be the #1 QB in this years class.

    I'm very intrigued by Lock, but not at #13. His release, as someone mentioned before in this thread, is super quick and has the best arm in the draft. Accuracy is shoddy though.

  14. #209
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    635
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Flacco to DEN, possibly Foles to JAC, Haskins to NYG? Murray has a shot to be there at #13, especially if there is a run on OL and DL. Would ARZ really draft Murray? I don't think so. I bet ARZ FO told Kingsbury that Rosen is his QB, and they are building around him.

    But if ARZ was naughty and took Murray, I'd gladly throw a 3rd for Rosen . . . even a 2nd. He would be the #1 QB in this years class.

    I'm very intrigued by Lock, but not at #13. His release, as someone mentioned before in this thread, is super quick and has the best arm in the draft. Accuracy is shoddy though.
    Kingsbury before he was cards hc.
    "Kyler is a freak..... I would take him with the first pick of the draft if I could."

    They also share the same agent.

  15. #210
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Exactly... Get a little QB competition going... It's been a while since that happened...



    What about Harris...??? Gotta see if he deserved to be a 1st rd pick...

    I also think another starter quality OL is going to fall to the Phins again with all the QB hype... There are some quality big LT's coming out who can slide inside or to RT being that Tunsil has the leftside locked down...

    I'd love to see Tunsil get paired up with a stud LG...
    I'm perfectly ok with seeing Harris a bit more, but I don't know how you look at his play the past two years and feel comfortable with him. But a new scheme should help since most felt like he'd be at his best in a 3-4. But even if Harris plays well, I think we're looking at 3-4 new DE's next year. I mean Branch and Quinn are almost assuredly gone and Wake might not fit what Flores want's to do exactly. Add all of that to the fact that I think pass rusher is the absolute strongest part of this draft. I mean we could easily see 6 or 7 go in the top 10 and there would still be a good one that drops to us. And when I say pass rusher I mean literally anything on Dline.

    I want us to address all the trench players no matter if it's defense or offense, but I think the defensive guys that will be there early will be incredible value. So if the two first picks are Dline I'd be completely happy.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •