Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748
Results 706 to 719 of 719
  1. #706
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    881
    I wouldn't draft any of the first rnd QBs, but if Grier or Finley fell I'd really have to consider it.

  2. #707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,249
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Btw there have been a lot of reports coming out that DT Christian Wilkins is our guy in the first. His agent Drew Rosenhaus said on the radio he thinks we'll take him and there have been a few other reports popping up that we're interested. I'd prefer to move back if he was the best available and take Simmons, but Wilkins is still a really good player. Of course you take reports like this with a grain of salt but this one feels solid. I feel like draft week reports usually hold up.

    Peter King mocked him to us in his latest MMQB, where he also mentioned that no team has done more research on Rosen over the past few weeks. He said we could look to throw our 3rd pick to Arizona for Rosen. Personally I'd prefer not too. I was higher on Rosen coming out than most, but that was based on projections. His UCLA team gave him no help and he got no help from Arizona last year too, but that's my biggest problem with him. At best I think hes Goff, a QB that can play well in a perfect scheme but will never truly carry a team. I'd rather keep the 3rd and try to get another starter.
    I have been clamoring for Wilkins since the beginning and I would LOVE him on our DL. a superb talent to build around.

    Also saw some news regarding Nick Bosa 'liking' racist tweets from a friend. He is a known Trump supporter (but so am I). Wonder if he slides ala Tunsil a couple years back? and if he does, would/should we pounce at #13 if he is still there?

  3. #708
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,249
    In no way, shape or form should we take a QB in the first three rounds of this draft. I would start looking round 4 or lower. Tua, Herbert and Fromm are all better than every QB in this year's draft. Wait it out. We have an awesome stop-gap in Fitz. The plan is in place and I hope this FO sticks to it.

    As for a trade, I still see HOU as a logical trade partner, as they probably want the best OL available (Dillard, Williams). We could get their 1st and 2nd. Nothing stopping us from trading back even further if we really want to load up on 2nd rounders and an extra 2019 1st. Should be exciting.

    Word is ARZ isn't picking Murray now, so that will make things interesting, and Bosa is doing dumb crap with his twitter likes . . .so he could be drop too. can't wait!

  4. #709
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I have been clamoring for Wilkins since the beginning and I would LOVE him on our DL. a superb talent to build around.

    Also saw some news regarding Nick Bosa 'liking' racist tweets from a friend. He is a known Trump supporter (but so am I). Wonder if he slides ala Tunsil a couple years back? and if he does, would/should we pounce at #13 if he is still there?
    Kind of funny how liking your president could cause a guy's value to drop! But liking racist tweets would be a very serious matter and much more serious than a bong mask.

  5. #710
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    881
    Bosa liking trump is a made up issue that the internet made up, that will not effect him one bit. His brother was roomates with Zeke in college and did massive amounts of drugs together and that didn't effect either of them.

    And no way zona is passing on Murray. That's just a smokescreen to trade Rosen for more value. I think his market is quite cold, and I like him as a prospect. To me he's every bit as good as Goff, a young qb who needs a good situation to thrive, but not a special qb by any means.

    I do believe that Wilkins is high on our board though.

    I also still think us trading for Alex Smith is still on the table, along with us trading Howard to a contender. Also would not rule out trading one of our wrs to KC.
    Last edited by TakeYourL; Yesterday at 08:42 PM.

  6. #711
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    830
    Who I want at 13.

    Christian Watkins
    Ed Oliver
    Jonah Williams
    Jawaan Taylor
    C. Ferrell


    If we trade down

    G. Bradbury
    D. Lawrence
    C. Ford
    J. Simmons
    C. Lindstrom

  7. #712
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,249
    Tons of talk now about MIA doing the most research on Rosen within the past week. I'd be okay if it were a 3rd rd pick (#78), cause he would be a steal in the 3rd rd. But the shine was severely rubbed off during his stint in ARZ. Still a kid though, and might work out great in O'Shea's system. And still doesn't stop us from taking a QB high in 2020 either.

    Wilkins - McCoy - Rosen in the first three rounds . . . not bad.

  8. #713
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,547
    Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    Who I want at 13.

    Christian Watkins
    Ed Oliver
    Jonah Williams
    Jawaan Taylor
    C. Ferrell


    If we trade down

    G. Bradbury
    D. Lawrence
    C. Ford
    J. Simmons
    C. Lindstrom
    That's pretty much my list too. Although I think Gary is very high on the Dolphins board. I feel like he's one of those 5 elite Dlineman that Grier was talking about last week. I also love the idea of trading back with Houston and getting an extra 2nd or 3rd so they can draft an Olineman.

    My dream draft is the first 4 picks consisting of DT, Pass Rusher, Center and OG/RT. There's a ton of good Centers this year so you can probably get one in round 3 or 4 and expect him to start early.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  9. #714
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    29,141
    Don't rule out a possibly of a CB

  10. #715
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,547
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Tons of talk now about MIA doing the most research on Rosen within the past week. I'd be okay if it were a 3rd rd pick (#78), cause he would be a steal in the 3rd rd. But the shine was severely rubbed off during his stint in ARZ. Still a kid though, and might work out great in O'Shea's system. And still doesn't stop us from taking a QB high in 2020 either.

    Wilkins - McCoy - Rosen in the first three rounds . . . not bad.
    According to almost every beat writer, the Dolphins had little to no interest in Rosen last year. Omar and Barry are both saying they didn't like his personality. The Pats were apparently high on him so I think a lot of this talk that we've been researching him is either the Cards trying to draw interest in him or just the team covering all of its options and Greir giving Flores the courtesy in reevaluating him.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  11. #716
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Don't rule out a possibly of a CB
    I think greedy would be very high on our board.

    Rare to see a cornerback that good at the college level. His insticts are crazy good already. He's a rare prospect imo.

  12. #717
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    According to almost every beat writer, the Dolphins had little to no interest in Rosen last year. Omar and Barry are both saying they didn't like his personality. The Pats were apparently high on him so I think a lot of this talk that we've been researching him is either the Cards trying to draw interest in him or just the team covering all of its options and Greir giving Flores the courtesy in reevaluating him.
    Rumor now is pats love will grier.

    Pats rumors are never true though, If they draft a QB I'd bet Jones or Finley are their targets.

    Not saying they compare to Brady, but if there's anyone who is similar skill wise to Brady in this draft it's one or both of them.

    And since we're running that same offense , they are probably guys we at least consider depending where they fall. If I had to guess I think gmen draft Jones and pats end up with Finley.

    Finley is wildcard in this draft imo, he's way better than given credit for.

  13. #718
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,547
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeYourL View Post
    I think greedy would be very high on our board.

    Rare to see a cornerback that good at the college level. His insticts are crazy good already. He's a rare prospect imo.
    I don't really see any CB's that are worth that early. Maybe if we traded back but at 13 that'd be a no from me.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  14. #719
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I don't really see any CB's that are worth that early. Maybe if we traded back but at 13 that'd be a no from me.
    Fair enough, greedy looks top tier to me though, and considering were running new englands defense , we need major help in the secondary just as much as Oline or dline.

    Top tier insticts at cornerback is a rare trait out of college, I think he has that. Don't see many young CBS with the insticts to constantly get their hands on the ball the way he does.

    Whatever the case is, building new englands offense and defense is going to be a nightmare, we need far more draft picks.

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •