Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657
    The Dolphins reached out to the Redskins about a potential Williams trade, Jenna Laine of ESPN.com (on*Twitter) hears.*

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Speaking of trades, currently a rumor going around that the Dolphins are the front runner to trade for Clowney. Many are saying it makes sense since Miami was in on Flowers before the price went up, but I think that's just lazy. Clowney is going to want more than Flowers, will obviously cost a pick, and we can't even negotiate a deal with him since the deadline has passed for franchise players.

In my opinion any trade for any vet outside of a conditional 7th is ridiculous for this team. Dont give up any other assets for rentals this year.
    Completely agree. Trading for a guy like Clowney makes no sense. That's the kind of move I'd expect the Fins to make in maybe 2 years from now, once we've drafted our franchise QB and want to capitalize on the cheap contract.
    BRUH

Posted from John Granato?

Got it from a very reliable source that Clowney met with Texans last week and is now threatening to stay out entire preseason. He also refused to sign a long term contract with Miami so they backed out of a possible deal.

Poor choice of words here. He can’t sign any deal now but he wouldn’t agree to go to Miami in a trade and they wouldn’t do it without long term assurances

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    Posted from John Granato?

Got it from a very reliable source that Clowney met with Texans last week and is now threatening to stay out entire preseason. He also refused to sign a long term contract with Miami so they backed out of a possible deal.

Poor choice of words here. He can’t sign any deal now but he wouldn’t agree to go to Miami in a trade and they wouldn’t do it without long term assurances
    Good.

Yeah keep picks. Sign him in offseason if you want. Not too crazy about him myself

From reports I saw they where saying the Phins might of wanted to just gauge his interest in signing next year as we will have tons of cap. This allowed them to get a jump start on him.
    Last edited by Wrench; 08-13-2019 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    From reports I saw they where saying the Phins might of wanted to just gauge his interest in signing next year as we will have tons of cap. This allowed them to get a jump start on him.
    If so that is very smart of them. Not something we'd hear about in the past, because the Dolphins didn't plan a year in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    The Dolphins reached out to the Redskins about a potential Williams trade, Jenna Laine of ESPN.com (on*Twitter) hears.*
    Redskins fan here. What do you think the Phins would be willing to trade for him. I know the Miami O-line is one of the worst in the NFL. How has Tunsil played for you guys? Do you think he would be involved in the trade or would they move him to RT?

Quote Originally Posted by NJrockPD View Post
    Redskins fan here. What do you think the Phins would be willing to trade for him. I know the Miami O-line is one of the worst in the NFL. How has Tunsil played for you guys? Do you think he would be involved in the trade or would they move him to RT?
    Phins want to keep Tunsil long term, he is a young stud LT who didn't yield a sack all season. Tunsil's issue is flags, but its only about every other game but yeah No they won't deal a 25 year old OT for a 31 year old one. I assume it would just be picks involved like a 3rd that maybe becomes a 2nd I would guess. Skins are kinda in a bind being he could just not play so assume they would want something if they can't win him back.

I doubt it's anything more than just gauging interest. If you get William's and Tua then you could look to move Tunsil to RT to defend. But William's is 31, injury prone, and expensive. Literally goes against everything Grier has looked for so far.

I think trading for Williams is a bad idea. Do not trade any top 3 round picks period. If you can get Williams for a 5th rounder then I would say ok, not only are you going to have to use picks to get him you are going to have to pay him. You may need those picks to move up to get one of the top 2 picks next season. Its possible we may be the worst team next season but some thought that last season when we won 7 games. We could possibly end up with the 6th overall pick and need these picks to move up.

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657