Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
    Matthew Cannata on twitter is reporting that the Dolphins are listening to offers for everyone including Tunsil and apparently there's a lot of interest in Tunsil. We're also aggressively going after Clowney according to them. At the moment literally no one else has confirmed the rumor, although Barry kind of acknowledged it by replying to a tweet asking why they haven't talked about it. Just responded with "we'll have more on this over the next few days".

They're not saying he'll be traded, just that he's available. Matches up well with why they looked into Trent Williams. If you trade Tunsil, Williams is at least a good consultation.

Personally I think all of it would be dumb and doesn't remotely match what the team has done so far. Clwoney is a one year risk and Flores has consistently said they don't need a #1 pass rusher. And even though Tunsil will cost a lot, Williams won't be cheap either and is much older on a team that's very young.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 08-24-2019 at 12:41 AM.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Matthew Cannata on twitter is reporting that the Dolphins are listening to offers for everyone including Tunsil and apparently there's a lot of interest in Tunsil. We're also aggressively going after Clowney according to them. At the moment literally no one else has confirmed the rumor, although Barry kind of acknowledged it by replying to a tweet asking why they haven't talked about it. Just responded with "we'll have more on this over the next few days".

They're not saying he'll be traded, just that he's available. Matches up well with why they looked into Trent Williams. If you trade Tunsil, Williams is at least a good consultation.

Personally I think all of it would be dumb and doesn't remotely match what the team has done so far. Clwoney is a one year risk and Flores has consistently said they don't need a #1 pass rusher. And even though Tunsil will cost a lot, Williams won't be cheap either and is much older on a team that's very young.
    Yes I read that last night and it doesn't make sense. I figured it was just someone trying to get some action moving on their Twitter account.

Sources from Laremy Tunsil's team have confirmed with our own

@TonyPauline

that he has been dangled around the league as trade bait. This is in line with what we reported last night - the Miami #Dolphins are shopping a number of veterans on their roster, which includes Tunsil.

8:29 AM ∑ Aug 24, 2019∑

Pauline is a good writer, but Barry Jackson just posted his story.

"Amid published reports that Tunsil has been made available in trade discussions, the Dolphins assured the Tunsil camp that there is no truth to that, according to a league source with direct knowledge.

Teams have inquired about Tunsil, believing the Dolphins are willing to trade established veteran players for draft picks. The Dolphins have fielded those calls but in Tunsilís case, havenít acted on them to this point."

He also says that they got a call from the same source earlier this week saying the same thing. Some people started to buy it since Tunsil was suited up to play on Thursday and then last minute didnt. But on all accounts the Dolphins dont want to trade Tunsil. Barry also clarifies that the team offered Tunsil an extension over the summer, but both sides decided to hold off until next year.

Theres also a few other names Barry brings up.

"According to league sources, safety Reshad Jones and linebacker Kiko Alonso are among those who have been available. A high-ranking league official said Saturday that he doubts Miami would find a trade partner for Alonso or Kenny Stills because teams would wait for them to be cut.

Jones no longer is expected to be an every down player in Miamiís defense, and while he said heís happy to accept that role, Miami has made attempts to deal him. Alonsoís playing time is expected to diminish dramatically because of the emergence of Jerome Baker and Sam Eguavoen.

A league source said there are also questions about the future of Raekwon McMillan, whose role will be impacted by Eguavoenís development. While the Dolphins would not cut McMillan, the team likely would listen if thereís an appealing trade offer."

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

I like PFN, but I'm barely even trust the best writers we have right now to get inside information. The Dolphins are getting super tight lipped so I don't trust an up and coming group like PFN to get an inside scoop like this. Although to be fair they had the scoop about the Jets firing their GM and that got shot down too. And Barry's been wrong like he was about the Rosen trade. But it just doesnt make sense for a rebuilding team, who need to dump even more into their OLine next year, to trade a top tier LT.

Also theres no way we cut Stills this year. 6.75 in dead money if we do. Just doesnt make sense unless you desperately want to see what guys like Grant and William's can do. But again I just dont understand why you would get rid of him
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 08-24-2019 at 11:22 AM.

But at one point hasn't Miami said they weren't trading Landry or Trading for Rosen as well ?

Tunsil will not get traded. He is turning into a top 5 LT and will only get better. Grier and Co. cannot be that stupid. We have a ton of cap room coming up where we can afford him on an extension.

I would trade Stills, RJ, Kiko, Drake, Fitz, TJ . . .anyone one of those guys just to add picks and let the young guns get more time. Tunsil, Rosen, Baker, X, Minkah and even McCain are guys I am going to build around moving forward. There would be a mass exodus of supporters if they traded Tunsil. Just makes zero sense.

Tunsil and Deiter are going to be our OL saving grace by the end of the season.

Pauline is a good writer, but Barry Jackson just posted his story.

"Amid published reports that Tunsil has been made available in trade discussions, the Dolphins assured the Tunsil camp that there is no truth to that, according to a league source with direct knowledge.

Teams have inquired about Tunsil, believing the Dolphins are willing to trade established veteran players for draft picks. The Dolphins have fielded those calls but in Tunsilís case, havenít acted on them to this point."

He also says that they got a call from the same source earlier this week saying the same thing. Some people started to buy it since Tunsil was suited up to play on Thursday and then last minute didnt. But on all accounts the Dolphins dont want to trade Tunsil. Barry also clarifies that the team offered Tunsil an extension over the summer, but both sides decided to hold off until next year.

Theres also a few other names Barry brings up.

"According to league sources, safety Reshad Jones and linebacker Kiko Alonso are among those who have been available. A high-ranking league official said Saturday that he doubts Miami would find a trade partner for Alonso or Kenny Stills because teams would wait for them to be cut.

Jones no longer is expected to be an every down player in Miamiís defense, and while he said heís happy to accept that role, Miami has made attempts to deal him. Alonsoís playing time is expected to diminish dramatically because of the emergence of Jerome Baker and Sam Eguavoen.

A league source said there are also questions about the future of Raekwon McMillan, whose role will be impacted by Eguavoenís development. While the Dolphins would not cut McMillan, the team likely would listen if thereís an appealing trade offer."
    I think all of this feels dead on, except for the Dolphins cutting Stills, which you addressed in the next post. I know you said, or somebody said they may hang onto Alonso, but right now I'd trade him for some used practice gear. So tired of seeing his *** get burned on passing downs.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 08-24-2019 at 03:13 PM.

Dolphins are not dealing there 25 year old stub LT with two years left when everyone else on the line is terrible. Yeah im sure people have called and wanted to see if we would but seems they turned them down.

Only way Reshad Jones goes is if it's by trade. Zero chance we cut him as his cap hit would go from 17M to 25M due to guarantees in his deal.

Stills is the other way with a 9.8M hit and 6.5M in dead money, Alonso is 8.3M and 6M cap hit.

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    But at one point hasn't Miami said they weren't trading Landry or Trading for Rosen as well ?
    Yea but both of those feel a lot different than this. Landry wanted top tier WR money even though he's a solid #2. Plus Gase didnt like him as much as most thought. I felt that was a possibility for a long time. Rosen seems to be a matter of the situation working out in Griers favor. Remember he said he had a player he was going to take at that pick before they traded back. I dont think Rosen is on the team if we dont get that future 2nd. Plus it's a matter of getting some competition at QB. Even though I hate the mindset, I know a lot of people are willing to take a QB every year until they find one.

Tunsil is different. Hes a top tier LT, a great teammate and has worked on becoming a better leader. You just dont trade those away. I think the report is somewhere in the middle from both reports. The Dolphins will listen to every offer for every player. A few teams probably reached out to get an idea. Then the Dolphins counter offered with a deal involving Tunsil. I'm assuming it was heavily based around us winning it. Something like a swap with Washington alongside their first round pick next year or something similar with Houston.

Also Schefter just broke the internet. Andrew Luck is retiring leaving the Colts with Brisett. Brissett is a good QB with some real potential, and obviously theyve got a good team. But I'm going to be pissed if this is 2011 all over again where they suck and get Tua while we get stuck with Fromm.

This is going to be the weirdest season I've ever had as a fan. I want to see progress and see a good team, but unless Rosen pops off I'd be perfectly ok with losing every single game.

Also Schefter just broke the internet. Andrew Luck is retiring leaving the Colts with Brisett. Brissett is a good QB with some real potential, and obviously theyve got a good team. But I'm going to be pissed if this is 2011 all over again where they suck and get Tua while we get stuck with Fromm.

This is going to be the weirdest season I've ever had as a fan. I want to see progress and see a good team, but unless Rosen pops off I'd be perfectly ok with losing every single game.
    That would be all the more reason to hate Philbin. His offensive line got the crap beat out of Luck for a couple of years, didn't it?

Suck for Luck = Tank for Tua lol.

I feel for the Indy fans though. That's a crappy situation for their fan base to go through. But it speaks to Tannheill's toughness being stuck behind a **** OL his entire career, and he's still going strong. I will always be a Tanny fan, and I hope he unseats Mariota this year. Luck was a very good QB in this league and I wish him the best.

BUT . . . Indy's team is better than ours, even without Luck. They have a great running game. A very decent defense. They will not get the top pick. MIA is in the market to sell, and Indy is still a fringe playoff team in the league.

I wonder if MIA can get Clowney for either Drake or Stills/Parker/Wilson and a 2021 3rd rd pick? I'm not on board with giving up any 2020 picks, but 2021 I'm okay with.

Funny how we had the least desirable QB situation in the NFL on Friday, and now its not lol.

Matthew Cannata is saying to keep an eye on Benardrick McKinney from Houston for Miami...

Reshad Jones has been informed by the team that he will not be traded this year. Most likely due to his contract as we pretty much expected. I also dont get the reports that Stills could be cut as I think hes been good for us and definitely has trade value.

Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast