Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    It seems pretty obvious Tannehill has already lost the locker room. You cant bring him back and sell that you're being competitive when half the team doesnt believe in him.

Honestly just bring in Kap. Players will like him at least.
    That's a great way to keep the team relevant and sell tickets but still being terrible, because if he doesn't have a team built around him he has no shot. But this will never happen because he wants 15-20M. And he just got paid bigtime in the lawsuit and by Nike so he doesn't care. Kinda lame in a way he was fighting it all and standing up for something and then of course money money money and now he doesn't even play anymore and got more than he ever would've had he kept playing.
    BRUH

Sign Blake bortles or AJ McCarron after you cut Tannehill. Both guys are cuts so they don't hurt our comp picks.

Also Teddy didn't sign being he wanted 16M a year and multiple years, with gurantees he would be our long term QB. He had no interest in being a bridge QB. He got 7.5M and up to 12.5M if he has to start some games next year.

Also I assume Phins kept Quin being the market for pass rushers has been huge. Oakfor just got a pretty large deal. Good chance we can deal him for something and if not might as well keep him (Only 29) and let him walk next season and net a comp pick then.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quinn should get at least a 5th for us. Honestly anything's fine I'll take it.

I completely understand where Teddy is coming from with the money, but I'm overjoyed that we didnt give it to him. Stick to the plan.

we are tanking. coaches and players will try to win but we wont have a roster that will make it matter. the only teams currently challenging us for the #1 pick imo are Bengals and Redskins who both just happen to be on our schedule

I still want to steal DeShone Kizer away from the Packers to be our starter for this season

my top choice at pick #13 is Hockenson. I know we just signed 2 TEs but we dont really have a legit starter out of the bunch. Smythe should be on the practice squad. Hockenson/Allen is a great 1 and 2 with Gesicki as a gadget RZ guy you keep trying to develop and Walford. those are the 4 I would roster. TE position finally fixed and its important in this offense. Hockenson is considered a generational talent at the position. Brady had Gronk. whomever our QB ends up being he will have Hockenson. he would instantly be our starter and a top 5 TE in the league and helps the passing game and running game

R2 Tyler Roemer - LT San Diego State replaces Ju'Wuan James
    R3 Lamont Gaillard - C Georgia but plays guard for now to play the top 5

all 3 picks are week 1 starters

R4-R7 for defense
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 03-15-2019 at 03:39 AM.
    #Lose4Love

NYG is trying really hard to tank. They are the clear cut favorites to get #1 next year. We are in the top 5 discussion, and thats where I think we should be. We're not terrible enough to be #1 right now. New coaching staff . . . young players that are hungry to earn their spot and show what they have . . . nobody in that locker room is playing to lose. Now of course they are going to lose in bunches, but not enough to be #1. Anyone #TankingforTua is going to be sadly disappointed. BUT I am also a person that doesn't believe Tua is the best QB in the draft after next season fully plays out. I still think Fromm or Herbert will jump him somehow. I'm a huge Fromm guy.

Best move for Quinn is to keep him. Like you guys are saying, The DE market was grossly overpaid this year, and Quinn, although expensive, is still relatively cheap as a DE/OLB. Take the comp pick next year for him

NYG are not trying to tank, they want to try and win one last time with Eli. They just signed Golden Tate to a huge deal yesterday to fill in for OBJ. Plus they made other signings to fill out the team including Makus Golden to replace OV. They want to win, as I said they will not pick a QB in the 1st round this year. It goes down to Denver and us for who will pick a QB 1st. Always chance of a trade up by the Redskins as well. Don't see another team with a need for this season...

The #Titans are releasing Josh Kline.

Could see us interested, he started with NE and was there in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    NYG are not trying to tank, they want to try and win one last time with Eli. They just signed Golden Tate to a huge deal yesterday to fill in for OBJ. Plus they made other signings to fill out the team including Makus Golden to replace OV. They want to win, as I said they will not pick a QB in the 1st round this year. It goes down to Denver and us for who will pick a QB 1st. Always chance of a trade up by the Redskins as well. Don't see another team with a need for this season...

But not a lot of teams drafts a QB expecting to start them day 1. Thats why ARZ, NYG, CIN, DEN, WSH and MIA could all be in the mold of drafting one this year and letting them sit behind the starter already in place. There is a ton of competition for QBs this year. MIA is thinking 2020 . . . but so could some of these other teams. No guaranteed shot at Tua, Fromm or Herbert next year.

I honestly think DEN is in love with Lock. I'm not sold ARZ drafts Murray, but I think they are selling the #1 pick hard to get someone to jump for him. That leaves Haskins potentially falling to #13.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    For everyone who doesnt use Twitter, Oliver Vernon, Sean Smith and Matt Hazel have all come out today to bash Tannehill.

Its not a Dolphins offseason without past players coming out to hate on Tannehill.
    I wouldnt say that they were really bashing him. They were responding to Adam Beasley understanding why Tannehill was still on the roster but why was Quinn still on the roster. Lot of former Dolphins came to Quinns defense. I do think that was a subtle jab at Tannehill, but none of them that I saw directly said Tannehill was bad.

It is in my opinion a red flag in how Dolphins players felt about Ryan Tannehill. I think what we were told by Dolphins media and management was all fake and the Dolphins players likely thought a lot less of Tannehill but kept quiet and rightfully so. Its too bad we had to endure Tannehill for too long.

I am still bitter that Tannehill started as a rookie instead of Matt Moore. No way was a rookie Tannehill better than Matt Moore.

The damage is done and It now seems no one wants to play for the Dolphins.

Someone wake me when we make a trade for Josh Rosen.
    BRUH

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    The #Titans are releasing Josh Kline.

Could see us interested, he started with NE and was there in 2015.

I'd love him. Somewhat decent OG that can help but isnt changing the outcome of a game. With better coaching that's all the level of OG play you need.

Also the Giants arent tanking, but they could still easily end up with the top pick just like the Bengals. They're both making win now moves, Giants more so, but could just be a bad team due to everything falling apart the right way. Dolphins look like the only team actively setting up a plan to struggle this year.

We have about 6-7 other players that should warrant getting back draft picks in a trade.

Hopefully we trade all of them. I'd keep maybe 2-3 players on our current roster.

And of we take back some bad contracts, Alex Smith, that would also add picks.

Would be so happy if Grier could pull this off.

Tannehill just got traded to Tennessee.

According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, the deal involves the Dolphins getting a fourth-round pick back in 2020 as well as a 2019 seventh-round pick, while the Titans receive Tannehill and a sixth-round pick in 2019. Per Rapoport, the deal is a one-year contract worth $7 million guaranteed with a chance to move up to $12 million based on playing time incentives.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 03-15-2019 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I wouldnt say that they were really bashing him. They were responding to Adam Beasley understanding why Tannehill was still on the roster but why was Quinn still on the roster. Lot of former Dolphins came to Quinns defense. I do think that was a subtle jab at Tannehill, but none of them that I saw directly said Tannehill was bad.

It is in my opinion a red flag in how Dolphins players felt about Ryan Tannehill. I think what we were told by Dolphins media and management was all fake and the Dolphins players likely thought a lot less of Tannehill but kept quiet and rightfully so. Its too bad we had to endure Tannehill for too long.

I am still bitter that Tannehill started as a rookie instead of Matt Moore. No way was a rookie Tannehill better than Matt Moore.

The damage is done and It now seems no one wants to play for the Dolphins.
    You are right about the media perception being fake. I no longer have any friends who know current Dolphins employees who work closely with players, but I did until 2 years ago and they said Tannehill was a dink. Look back at a few games and watch any sideline shots of Tannehill interacting with players, or trying to, or not even at times. I would say Gase may have addressed that purely by the body language I saw the past 2 years, but it was not exactly warm and fuzzy even then. I'm betting Gase threw the gauntlet down about not being a "dissenter", so players just tried to make the best of things. However, I found it downright awkward to watch most of the time in his first 5 years especially hearing the what I heard outside of the media.

A lot of players have come out to hate on Tannehill, but it's not everyone. KD came out today and posted a great thank you message to him on Instagram. I also remember seeing Aj Francis tweet about how Tannehill was a good teammate but just cheesy and cliche. Good leader but just didnt connect with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeYourL View Post
    We have about 6-7 other players that should warrant getting back draft picks in a trade.

Hopefully we trade all of them. I'd keep maybe 2-3 players on our current roster.

And of we take back some bad contracts, Alex Smith, that would also add picks.

Would be so happy if Grier could pull this off.
    If you're going to be bad you should be absolutely terrible. Get as much as you can for the rebuild man. I love a lot of the players people are talking about, but the Browns had some good players too. Sashi knew that the most important thing to turn the team around was a stud QB he truly believed in and a stud pass rusher. Best way to do that was tank.

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast