Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
    I forget when but at some point you can sign guys and it doesn't hurt the compensatory picks. It is late though.

EDIT: last year it was May 8th at 4PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    I get that we don't want to mess with compensatory picks and we're rebuilding for the future and everything. But just feel like we've been very inactive outside of signing 4 different tight ends and Fitzpatrick. But lets say we're just waiting for players to drop their price tags and no longer count against our compensatory picks, is there anyone you'd like to see us sign? Or maybe someone that's been released that you'd like to see us sign asap?

I'd like to bring in Danny Shelton, see what he can do along with Godchaux and Taylor. Aaron Lynch would be nice but seems like there's a few teams on him. Or what about Shane Ray who the Broncos declined the 9M option on. Quinton Spain is also an OK guard and still 27 and shouldn't be too expensive. Think I'd prefer to try Jesse Davis out at RT more and really see if he can hold his own there and have a more stable presence like Spain at OG. We have two OG spots anyway. Anything other than Tunsil at LT is up for grabs. I guess Kilgore at C also, although he played terribly for us last year.
    I would love to see Davis at RT and I wish he had been moved there last year. I would not be surprised if they do move him over and we don't miss JJ at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    When you're looking at any FA right now, think of how does he help the depth. That's what every single move is going to be about, not any long term starters. This year will be about playing young guys and seeing who can develop with the new staff. All of the FA's we bring in will be guys that you can realistically expect to be solid depth guys in the future. I'd honestly expect the team to play most if not all of their rookies this year for significant amounts of time just to get them as much experience as possible.
    I mean, I mentioned those guys because I think there's long term starting potential for them. Shane Ray and Danny Shelton are both 25 and were first round picks. They've been solid, Danny Shelton pretty good at run stuffing but hasn't been able to apply pressure and Shane Ray has had mixed results getting after QB and kind of overall mediocre. You wouldn't sign those guys to 2 year deals with no or very little guaranteed money year 2? And Quinton Spain is 27 but OGs can play into their early 30's. And you need a solid offensive line or else you can't even get off plays. How can our offense evaluate Drake and Ballage if they're getting hit in the backfield because our interior o-line gets blown up 10-20% of the time. Also makes it impossible to call deep passes or 5-7 step dropbacks to see how stills, wilson, parker, grant fit into scheme or do what coaches want, etc. And if for whatever reason we draft a QB because Haskins drops and we actually like him, we need to protect the guy if he plays any snaps if Fitz gets hurt or we just decide to switch it up.

Following a similar train of thought I just saw this article:
    https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/3/...malik-mcdowell
    Suggesting we sign Cassius Marsh and/or Malik McDowell.
    BRUH

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    I mean, I mentioned those guys because I think there's long term starting potential for them. Shane Ray and Danny Shelton are both 25 and were first round picks. They've been solid, Danny Shelton pretty good at run stuffing but hasn't been able to apply pressure and Shane Ray has had mixed results getting after QB and kind of overall mediocre. You wouldn't sign those guys to 2 year deals with no or very little guaranteed money year 2? And Quinton Spain is 27 but OGs can play into their early 30's. And you need a solid offensive line or else you can't even get off plays. How can our offense evaluate Drake and Ballage if they're getting hit in the backfield because our interior o-line gets blown up 10-20% of the time. Also makes it impossible to call deep passes or 5-7 step dropbacks to see how stills, wilson, parker, grant fit into scheme or do what coaches want, etc. And if for whatever reason we draft a QB because Haskins drops and we actually like him, we need to protect the guy if he plays any snaps if Fitz gets hurt or we just decide to switch it up.

Following a similar train of thought I just saw this article:
    https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/3/...malik-mcdowell
    Suggesting we sign Cassius Marsh and/or Malik McDowell.
    Still lots of work to come on the line, but who knows, they may not be planning to throw it deep as much as FitzMagic is used to doing. They may have some idea of protecting him from interceptions by throwing more short, safe passes and throwing deep a little less, or on play action. I believe you need to push the ball downfield but I am not the coach. Either way, if we do the dink and dunk, expect to finally see receivers blocking downfield to help turn short catches into bigger plays. But we'll know in a couple of months.

A great line is awesome, but for evaluations we learned what Stills could do with Tannehill and Cutler throwing him the ball. You just kind of adjust your expectations and throw out bonehead QB plays or bad pass protection plays in the case of a line I think. But there is still a lot to happen this spring with our line IMHO. RB's are tougher with line issues, but you still get a sample of well blocked plays and see if the back read it and hit the hole aggressively when he had his chances.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 03-23-2019 at 02:01 PM.

I think the plan is to go duper young on the Oline this year. Draft a rookie and then have Asiata, Reed and Davis battle out for the rest. Since this year is all about evaluating you also need to see if any of those guys are worth anything, especially Asiata and Davis since theyve put 2 years into developing them. Both of those guys are known for their run blocking so it should help evaluate Drake and Ballage.

My 3 that I think we be a Dolphin at 13 are..

Rashan Gary
    Ed Oliver
    Andre Dillard. ( gut feeling its him )

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    My 3 that I think we be a Dolphin at 13 are..

Rashan Gary
    Ed Oliver
    Andre Dillard. ( gut feeling its him )
    I'd be OK with Dillard if it's after we trade back into the 20's. Otherwise give me Gary, Sweat, Oliver or Greedy to pair with Xavien to lockdown the outside. Just shows you how deep defensively this draft is with front 7 players. Really hope we trade back

Also an article about Fins draft needs and mock draft by rotoworld just came out.
    https://www.rotoworld.com/article/dr...needs-dolphins
    BRUH

I am ok with Dillard. I dont think you can trade back and still get him. he is supposed to be the top pass blocker of the bunch

I still really want Josh Jacobs. he is one of my 3 favorite players in this class
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 03-23-2019 at 07:16 PM.
    #Lose4Love

I think both Jawaan Taylor and Dillard are gone in the top 12, as I don't see the OT position that great in this draft. I would actually take Jonah Williams at #13 no problem, as I think he can be an elite OG, and a good RT. Can slide interior or exterior, so that's important to some teams.

My personal preference at #13 would be Christian Wilkins, as I think he can be dominant at DT. But I've been saying this for months now.

As with everyone else, I would greatly prefer to trade back, but I'd take Dexter Lawrence, as I think our DL can use a huge NT type to come in on running downs, or when we go 3-4 personnel. he can dominate the LOS, and take on multiple blockers.

And my 2nd round pick would be Jeffrey Simmons, if he's there, hands down.

I would not be angry going back to back with either DL or OL, as both lines need an extreme makeover.

Gronk got scared of this upcoming 2019 Dolfins Defense so he retired. 🤣😁

Clarence Hill Jr. (Cowboys reporter)

Per source, Dolphins DE Robert Quinn is visiting Saints Monday. Cowboys still interested in trading for him. Had him in for visit last week to check it out

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Clarence Hill Jr. (Cowboys reporter)

Per source, Dolphins DE Robert Quinn is visiting Saints Monday. Cowboys still interested in trading for him. Had him in for visit last week to check it out
    Gonna take this a step further:
    The Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Clarence Hill Jr. reports Dolphins DE Robert Quinn will visit the Saints Monday.
    Quinn's sweepstakes appears dwindled down to Dallas and New Orleans. The Dolphins end visited the Cowboys on Tuesday but departed without a hard deal. If Miami is still willing to eat some of the $11.8 million remaining on the final year of Quinn's contract this upcoming season, it wouldn't be shocking to see the soon-to-be 29-year-old leave The Big Easy as a part of the black and gold. The Cowboys also remain in talks to add him as pass-rushing help behind DeMarcus Lawrence.

If you want even more:
    https://nfltraderumors.co/robert-qui...ading-for-him/

And Gronk retiring was the best offseason news for the Dolphins and we weren't even involved, other than moving Tannehill to the Titans. But I mean, he's still 29-30. Wouldn't be surprised to see him come back after a year off like Jason Witten or several other players that retire only to unretire. Patriots are going to have a hard time replacing Flowers and Gronk. During the playoffs I felt like Flowers was a one man wrecking crew. Reminded me of Suh in his prime or Donald or Watt. He was always around the ball, either messing up a play or making the tackle/sack. And Brady's numbers with and without gronk throughout his career are pretty significant.
    BRUH

Gronks agent actually came out today and said he wouldnt be surprised to see Gronk come back if Brady called him up in the middle of the season. I think he'd be smart to stay retired and get out before hes completely broken, but you cant blame the guy if he comes back considering it's the Pats.

Gronks agent actually came out today and said he wouldnt be surprised to see Gronk come back if Brady called him up in the middle of the season. I think he'd be smart to stay retired and get out before hes completely broken, but you cant blame the guy if he comes back considering it's the Pats.
    Or just come back when the season starts and train with the team and be used basically once the playoffs start, which is kind of what they have done with him the past couple of years anyway. Either way, to make up for Gronk's absence, just throw to other guys more, with a little help from the Ernie Adams "can't be beat when you cheat" system.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536