Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast
    Brown is my 2nd favorite WR in this class. less than 2 weeks to go but I am leaning towards Garrett Bradbury at 13 unless this is the year we get the QB
    #Lose4Love

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    But Wilson isnt a FA and Grant will be a RFA I believe.
    He is signed for 2020 but his cap hit is $10,833,334. All in all not terrible if he produces this year, but $9M of it isn't guaranteed. I don't see him playing on that cap hit at all no mater what, either he does nothing or gets hurt - ends up cut or he plays well and they extend him for a year or two.

Grant will be a UFA being it will be his 5th year in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    But Wilson isnt a FA and Grant will be a RFA I believe.
    That's fine, all I'm saying is coaching staffs usually want their own guys, so both of them could be gone.

I like them both, hope they both stick around. I don't think anyone from the old roster is safe.

I have a hard time picturing Wilson back after 2019. he would have to put up the best season of his career to do so. to me he isnt worth keeping. Grant I hope sticks around and I think he does. he is the only current WR we have that I hope is with us through the entire rebuild
    #Lose4Love

Dare we dream that Grant evolves into Tyreek Hill?

Voluntary mini camp started today. It's a bunch of basic stuff so there wont be a lot to talk about. But the biggest thing is that Reshad chose not to join this week. Flores said hes training elsewhere for some personal reasons as well as rehabbing the shoulder. He notes that Reshad was there for workouts before and has been in constant communication with Flores.

Could be nothing but could also be a sign that Reshad is not happy and wants out.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

I thought I would post this youtube video. He breaks down Fitzpatrick with the Dolphins. Something to watch in the off season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4HqfrZwhog

I wouldn't read too much into RJ not being there. He is really the only vet left on this team, rehabbing from injury. Not worried at all. Besides, i'm on the wagon of trading him now anyways just because we are going young. If RJ is traded, I could see us taking a S at some point in the draft. TJ might not be around after this year either.

Dolphins recently met with Daniel Jones, Devin bush,and Jawaan Taylor.

I think Bush is greatly overrated, thrived behind a doninating dline.

I'm not really high on any of the 1st round oline guys, but he would make a lot of sense for us.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeYourL View Post
    Dolphins recently met with Daniel Jones, Devin bush,and Jawaan Taylor.

I think Bush is greatly overrated, thrived behind a doninating dline.

I'm not really high on any of the 1st round oline guys, but he would make a lot of sense for us.
    I think most of this forum would puke if Jones is selected at #13, or even by us in the first round all together.

Bush is a legit sideline to sideline type LBer. He's not as athletic as White, but the kid can hang with RB/TE. I wouldn't want him at 13, but in a trade back, I'd sure take him. We need help everywhere and there was a report in the Herald that MIA will be using mostly 3-4 looks.

And YES PLEASE! to Taylor if he dropped to #13. He is a dominant prospect. Would love him at RT

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I think most of this forum would puke if Jones is selected at #13, or even by us in the first round all together.

Bush is a legit sideline to sideline type LBer. He's not as athletic as White, but the kid can hang with RB/TE. I wouldn't want him at 13, but in a trade back, I'd sure take him. We need help everywhere and there was a report in the Herald that MIA will be using mostly 3-4 looks.

And YES PLEASE! to Taylor if he dropped to #13. He is a dominant prospect. Would love him at RT
    I don't think we would draft Jones or any qb high in this draft, prob just trying to scare other teams who may want him.

I really don't like Taylor but a lot of people seem to be high on him.

Schedule is to be out in a couple of hours. Here are the home and away opponents but I'm sure the official schedule with dates will be in the same place later this evening.

https://www.miamidolphins.com/schedule/
    Reddit has some rumoured schedules floating around including a week 17 game at the cheats, who have back to back home games to end the season for the third year in a row if the rumoured schedules are correct. *Chuckle*

Travis Wingfield says he has it early. Not sure if he is just using teh Reddit rumours or started them, but he agrees with the week 17 game.
    https://www.lockedondolphins.com/dol...live-document/

Just below his schedule, Wingfield has a picture of Grier. Could he be looking at the schedule for the first time and pooping his pants?
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 04-17-2019 at 05:58 PM.

A few interesting notes from Grier's PC today.

#Dolphins GM Chris Grier: "The goal is to get three starters [out of seven picks] ... and the rest of that will be gravy."

Grier on Reshad Jones: "Reshad's going to be here." Says Jones doesn't want a trade.

Grier thinks there are five high-level defensive linemen in the draft, and thinks the Dolphins might be in position to get one of them.

Grier, asked about QBs: "We're not going to reach just to take one... You're reaching for a guy in the third round and pass on your starting tackle, that will hurt your franchise."

Grier says he had final say in the draft the last three years, "but I'm not going to force a coach to take a player." Said it creates "animosity and distrust."

Grier having final say the last 3 seasons is not what I wanted to hear, means he had final say in the Charles Harris draft, which was absolutely dog crap.

Not to get into another sparq convo, but I'd bet Harris is one of the worst, if not the worst, defensive athlete drafted in the 1st rnd in the last 3 seasons.

Thats inexcusable to draft him that high.

He did decent in the other drafts, his 1st one particularly. But that 2nd one should of gotten people fired.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeYourL View Post
    Grier having final say the last 3 seasons is not what I wanted to hear, means he had final say in the Charles Harris draft, which was absolutely dog crap.

Not to get into another sparq convo, but I'd bet Harris is one of the worst, if not the worst, defensive athlete drafted in the 1st rnd in the last 3 seasons.

Thats inexcusable to draft him that high.

He did decent in the other drafts, his 1st one particularly. But that 2nd one should of gotten people fired.
    He's had decent drafts, it's just he's missed early on a few picks. Looking at his comment of looking for 3 starters each draft he's succeeded.

Notable contributors up to this point.

2016:
    OT Laremy Tunsil
    DB Xavien Howard
    RB Kenyan Drake
    WR Jakeem Grant

2017:
    LB Raekwon McMillan
    DT Davon Godchaux
    DT Vincent Taylor

2018:
    DB Minkah Fitzpatrick
    LB Jerome Baker
    RB Kallen Ballage
    K Jason Sanders

I also think you have to factor in his comment that he wouldn't force a player on anyone. Players like Harris and Geiscki fit the scheme that Gase said he wanted to do but constantly misused them. Geiscki is the absolute best example of that. Gase tried to force him to learn how to block even though everyone knew he couldn't and rarely used him in a way that rarely got the ball to him.

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast