Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    My problem with Murray is his size. I just donít know if his height and frame support his best game in the pros. Iíd be worried about him getting crushed by NFL linebackers and lineman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Heís got Terrell Pryor written all over him IMO. Will have to convert at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Heís got Terrell Pryor written all over him IMO. Will have to convert at some point.
    I think that's a very lazy comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

My problem with Murray is his size. I just donít know if his height and frame support his best game in the pros. Iíd be worried about him getting crushed by NFL linebackers and lineman.

I personally think he's so quick, fast, and elusive that he won't get crushed by NFL linebackers and lineman. You can't crush what you can't catch. He would need to put on some muscle, but the lack of height isn't that concerning to me. He can put on a bit of muscle and be stocky like Russell Wilson.

RGIII got hurt because he didn't know how to slide and avoid the big hits. Yeah, I know Murray will take some hits every now and then as it is the nature of the position, but there are ways to avoid too many big hits and Murray has the type of talent and elusiveness to do just that IMO.

I'm not saying there isn't risk here, but I think the reward is worth it.
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

When it comes to Murray, everyone points to his lack of size. A lot of people focus on the one negative about his prospects. But the truth is, he has all the other tools to be successful in the NFL. He's not just a running QB. He's an excellent passer. If he were taller, he'd be the #1 pick easily.
    Marmolololololol

Terrell Pryor couldnít be a lazier comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I think that's a very lazy comparison.
    Ehhh lol heís a better passer, RGIII might be a better comparison

Kyle Lauletta pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct of a person stemming from an October traffic incident. All charges will be dropped if Lauletta stays out of trouble for the next 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    When it comes to Murray, everyone points to his lack of size. A lot of people focus on the one negative about his prospects. But the truth is, he has all the other tools to be successful in the NFL. He's not just a running QB. He's an excellent passer. If he were taller, he'd be the #1 pick easily.
    Yeah but thereís a reason people focus on the size and height - because it matters.

In Murrayís case, a big part of his game is his mobility. But thatís simply not a long term viable threat at his size and strength when NFL players are hitting you. Russel Wilson is built like a tank and can handle it - can Murray? I have my doubts.

A player is who he is. Murray will bring his own game to the NFL. And if he does heís very high risk for injury against NFL talent.

Do you spend the number 6 pick on that? I donít know. I would not. Haskins is the better bet if available IMO.

Don't worry. He's got this.

2019 Giants Off Season Thread

https://uproxx.com/sports/kyler-murr...trophy-winner/

Check out the photo of Murray with Haskins and Tua.

Haskins is 6í3 and Tua is 6í1. They are absolutely towering over Murray. To even place him at 5í10 stretches the imagination.

And heís not exactly built like a running back either.

I think we will get a better idea at the combines but dude is very small for a QB.

I'm fine with his size, yes the risk is if he gets hit too often he may not be able to stay in the league long. But he is electric with the way he plays the game. I am scared about it and would not want to use the #6 pick on it, but if we can trade down and get him.... I'm for it.

Yeah but thereís a reason people focus on the size and height - because it matters.

In Murrayís case, a big part of his game is his mobility. But thatís simply not a long term viable threat at his size and strength when NFL players are hitting you. Russel Wilson is built like a tank and can handle it - can Murray? I have my doubts.

A player is who he is. Murray will bring his own game to the NFL. And if he does heís very high risk for injury against NFL talent.

Do you spend the number 6 pick on that? I donít know. I would not. Haskins is the better bet if available IMO.

The way RW has avoided injuries is not being built like a tank. He's just too shifty for most people to catch him clean and simply too smart to know how and when to avoid hits. Which is something Murray can bring to his game as well.

Mariota is about 6'4" and somewhere around or over 220 lbs. He's been very injury prone his whole NFL career. It's not always size. I mean, it's still a pretty legit concern, but this isn't exactly the most precise science, trying to predict how many injuries he'll accumulate over the years at his size.

Oh I'm not saying big quarterbacks don't get hurt. Just saying that a small guy who makes a career of running is a risk that I personally would not use the 6th pick in the draft on.

Oh I'm not saying big quarterbacks don't get hurt. Just saying that a small guy who makes a career of running is a risk that I personally would not use the 6th pick in the draft on.
    Again, I know it's a risk. It'll always be a risk, spending that high of a Draft pick, on anybody. It comes with the territory.

Quarterbacks have been getting hurt in the pocket too. Bigger quarterbacks at that, and some have suffered season ending injuries. Meanwhile, the smallest of them all is still to miss an NFL game, if I'm not mistaken. Running should actually protect him some. He can use the boundary, he can slide, and at his quickness, whoever catches and tackles him likely won't be able to land a big, injury-causing blow anyway.

Bottom line, as with any pick, if the potential reward is worth it, you go ahead with it. If they're sold on him being solely focused on NFL moving forward and think his arm talent and his running ability outweigh any size concerns they might have about him, they shouldn't hesitate taking him for one second.

Whatís to stop Murray from going to play baseball after taking big hits for a year or two?

I would have no problem with the Giants drafting Haskins. BUT....I think Murray might have the higher ceiling. I think he can be better than Mayfield....and I think Mayfield will be a very good QB. People that make a big deal over Murray's size have not been paying attention to the NFL. Speed rules! Speed is the name of the NFL game now. NFL defenders are too big and too fast. The way to counter that is speed, not size. Murray's athleticism and absolute cannon of an arm make him a major problem for defenses. Just imagine game planning for Barkley, OBJ, and Murray. Good luck. All three have game breaking speed and elite elusiveness. Drew Brees is under 6 ft. Vick was under 6 ft. Russel Wilson is under 6 ft. Mayfield is under 6 ft. QB's that are not smart about running get hurt....regardless of size. You rarely see Wilson take a big hit because he is smart. Brees is not even really mobile but he doesnt take big hits either. I would love to see Murray under center for us.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456