Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    The OG that would have come cheaper than Osemele while playing better? Especially the last couple of years? And...was more available? That one?

Mark admitted that he didnít know what he was doing, that he was aware of what he didnít know...yet push comes to shove, doesnít follow that thought process. And we suffer for it.

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I going on memory here... I thought the player was damaged goods. I've been wrong before.
    Dogdaddy

Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Unless Im missing something...... Mark is doing what he should be. Taking care of stadiums and issues like that. He, in my mind, does not medal in day to day football operations.. Which makes him no way shape or form like his father.
    You are indeed missing something.Mark is right in the middle meddling in personnel decisions. Making excuses for Derek, Mack signing ect. Pay attention. Very much like Al, the difference being that Al actually knew what he was doing until he got to old.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Stork, should we stay in Oakland when they arenít going to make us a new stadium. Itís probably the worst stadium in the nfl.
    Forgive the intrusion, but I'm pretty sure Al knew that Oakland wasn't about to finance a new stadium at any time. Mark should have known as well. Writing has been on the wall for ages. As much as I love being able to see them in Oakland, the Coliseum ought to be red-tagged and condemned. It has plumbing issues, infestation issues, turn of the century locker rooms and facilities -- that's turn of the 19th century, by the way. It's time to tear it down and build something on the site, even if it's a business-retail park-Raiders Museum, or affordable housing.
    "Why can't we tell the world that [as the Raiders' coach] you refused to play games in the segregated South, holding out to the point where they were canceled?' And he would stop me dead in my tracks and say, 'Hey, kid -- I didn't do it for publicity. I did it because it was right.' "

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    You are indeed missing something.Mark is right in the middle meddling in personnel decisions. Making excuses for Derek, Mack signing ect. Pay attention. Very much like Al, the difference being that Al actually knew what he was doing until he got to old.
    Al did all the draft picks and damn near call the plays from the booth.... Mark is nothing like his father. Mark is bussiness and far from the X's and O's...
    Dogdaddy

Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Al did all the draft picks and damn near call the plays from the booth.... Mark is nothing like his father. Mark is bussiness and far from the X's and O's...
    What he did to Marcus Allen was a head scratcher to say the least.

Marks without a doubt a meddler. Question is does he instigate good actions or is he duped into actions by others. The whole head coaching decisions and interactions with coaches increasingly leads me to believe he desperately wants to be his Dad but knows he canít. Iím hoping now Grudens in place Mark drops into the background and is less tempted to interfere. He canít give this new regime any further excuses or become the fall guy like he did over Mack trade. We need clear responsibilities and accountabilities and an owner who merely supports.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112