Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    But to answer the thread, yes heís a superstar. Heís ****ing unreal.

ON3 LAST DANC3

Quote Originally Posted by buckalis View Post
    Beal to the Bucks will happen at Feb. the 7th and not before... Jason Smith can't be traded along with another player until that date...

Wade's 2006 postseason run is just such a difference maker no matter how long Harden keeps this up. Unless Harden can get rid of his playoff demons. Factor in defense, and I really can't be sold that Harden has any case of being as good or better than Wade.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Never mind. I'm not going to let this get more heated than it needs to be. Let's just suffice it to say we agree to disagree, chronz. Wade has the edge now, but if things continue on this trajectory, he won't by the time Harden retires.
    If you're trying not to to get banned, just PM me the rebuttal

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Oh, actually I DO care about significant moments,i think they def carry weight. However I don't think they are the entirety of a players evaluation. Harden has been a top 3 mvp candidate for 3 years now, he is heavily leaned on in arguably the most efficient offense in nba history, at worst a top 5. He is a 6 7 (or something) shooting guard who plays a lot of point and is one of the best in the league at it. This is a league with curry, kyrie, dame... That position ain't no slouch.

I can't see anyones logic that dictate him anything less than a superstar. Losing in the playoffs doesn't automatically take that title from someone IMO
    If your standards are based on kyrie and Dame, I could see why you would be tricked into thinking of harden as a superstar, historically speaking
    Last edited by Chronz; 01-09-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Oh, actually I DO care about significant moments,i think they def carry weight. However I don't think they are the entirety of a players evaluation. Harden has been a top 3 mvp candidate for 3 years now, he is heavily leaned on in arguably the most efficient offense in nba history, at worst a top 5. He is a 6 7 (or something) shooting guard who plays a lot of point and is one of the best in the league at it. This is a league with curry, kyrie, dame... That position ain't no slouch.

I can't see anyones logic that dictate him anything less than a superstar. Losing in the playoffs doesn't automatically take that title from someone IMO
    Ps, what did you make of Draymond opinion on how you can or can't play defense today?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    because he isn't MJ or LeBron. And anytime you go iso, it's far easier for the defense, they don't need to play as a team, only hold up 1 guy and keep on shooters.

My response "easiest" was that iso is easy to identify as a fan, player, coach, etc.
    Remember how we used to shat on iso joe

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    His step-back 3 is unguardable because he takes 3-4 steps every other time he takes it. If someone is allowed TWO more steps after picking up their dribble, why are you surprised that "no-one" can guard him? But, otherwise, like all other people have said, Harden is definitely a superstar in this ERA, but that doesn't mean much in this ERA, because of terrible rule changes that don't allow touching guards whatsoever, and the worst officiating I have ever seen in the NBA - all in the name of increasing the pace and "improving" the product. Refs are deathly afraid to use that whistle on crap that matters(traveling, carrying, double-dribbling) and instead focus on calling ticky-tacky barely-any contact shooting fouls and lose ball fouls that make ZERO sense to anyone else watching. This league is a shell of itself, but since the average IQ of the population watching this league has dropped by 20 points, it all works out.
    Hard.

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Havenít been on in awhile and see a Harden over Wade take when I come back? This is embarrassing for the site.

Classic case of living in the moment.

Here you go:

Should've posted the superior efficiency despite harsher environment iirc

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Wade's 2006 postseason run is just such a difference maker no matter how long Harden keeps this up. Unless Harden can get rid of his playoff demons. Factor in defense, and I really can't be sold that Harden has any case of being as good or better than Wade.
    It's too late. If bron can't catch mj, how the **** do you ever justify a multiple time choker like harden over the man lebron let down? This with the easiest of roles. Rookie wade had a better sense of the moment than any harden game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    If you're trying not to to get banned, just PM me the rebuttal
    Deleted it. It was a novel, and I was letting myself get angry. No reason for it. We're two adults with differing opinions, and that's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Deleted it. It was a novel, and I was letting myself get angry. No reason for it. We're two adults with differing opinions, and that's OK.
    You've never had a lengthy post not actually post? Ive had that happen so frequently I make sure to copy the text just in case.

Anyways just answer this, where exactly is harden historically for you.

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    But to answer the thread, yes heís a superstar. Heís ****ing unreal.
    I think he's become one but I remember thinking that years ago

If you haven't read it yet, there was a fantastic article on ESPN breaking down what Harden's doing this season and how unique his offensive game is: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ted-undeniable

My favorite part of the piece is in the first few paragraphs when Goldsberry compares what Harden does to elite big men and how they dominated 1 on 1 in the post:

The most important one-on-one advantages used to occur in the low post when bigger, stronger dudes could outmuscle defenders en route to easy interior buckets. But in the post-handcheck, switch-happy NBA, Professor Harden is teaching us that they now occur on the perimeter, when a faster, more nimble ball handler can isolate and outmaneuver a slower defender. Houston's iso-happy offense is Exhibit A.

To watch Rockets basketball in 2019 is to watch one man dribble and dance with his defender at the top of the arc while the eight other players loiter around the edges of the scoring area. It's not breathtaking, but it's brilliant, and conceptually familiar. Isolating mismatches is classic basketball; just ask George Mikan, Bill Russell, Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar or Shaquille O'Neal, who all dominated the league going to work on the low block.

Instead of tossing it down to the big man and letting him go to work, Houston sets a screen to get Harden a mismatch and lets him go to work.
    If you think about it, it actually makes total sense. Guys like Kareem, Wilt, Shaq and Dream got the ball and dominated their man to manufacture efficient points, and their entire offense was built around that idea. What Harden does is not dissimilar in that regard, he's just doing it 25 feet from the basket. And his step back is Kareem's "Skyhook" or Hakeem's "Dream shake"óa dominant go-to offensive move that's the trump card of the elite player's offensive repertoire.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    You've never had a lengthy post not actually post? Ive had that happen so frequently I make sure to copy the text just in case.
    Yeah, it's happened to me before, and I thought about saving it just in case. But it wasn't worth it. We'd just keep spinning our wheels. Our argument just boils down to you thinking Harden could never pass Wade without exercising his postseason demons and me thinking he could based solely on absurd regular season production, competent postseason play and a much longer, more consistent peak/prime.

Anyways just answer this, where exactly is harden historically for you.
    Without doing a ton of analysis, I'd say he's somewhere in the top 40-50 for me right now if he retires tomorrow. He's an MVP whose peak rivals the best of his position, who has stayed remarkably healthy and who has been a top 5 player in the league for a good 4-5 seasons.

If he continues on this path, never overcomes the postseason failure moniker but continues to put up ridiculous regular season numbers with competent postseason stats for another 4-5 years with a couple of quality veteran seasons at the end, he's probably going to finish toward the top 10-20 in a lot of historical categories (points, assists, steals, 3s, etc.) and could potentially have multiple MVPs. I think that puts him somewhere in the top 20-25 discussion. If Malone essentially did the same thing, but with poorer peak numbers and worse postseason numbers, why can't Harden?

Finally, if he DOES exercise the playoff demons through winning a ring or just playing better in the playoffs overall, I don't see why he can't be in that top 15 conversation. Consider that Oscar is typically listed in the top 15, that Harden's advanced numbers (regular and postseason) are better or on par and that Oscar's only title was as a clear No. 2 on a team with peak Kareem. I don't see why Harden couldn't be in that same conversation.
    Last edited by mightybosstone; 01-09-2019 at 07:45 PM.

Lol is harden a super star ?? Cmon man

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast