Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by noraj9 View Post
    It wasn't long ago the Cowboys carried Buehler and Bailey. I vote we let Heath do the kicking within 30 yards haha
    [emoji23]

.... but seriously, I would say heís probably our top liability by far. Would not shock me at all for him to be the reason they get knocked out of the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

No kidding. He's been better from long range. I miss Ban Dailey.

Back in 2016, Dan Bailey was the most accurate kicker in NFL history. I kind of took for granted the field goal kick. That was time to go to the fridge or bathroom. Jeff Heath is actually like 2 out of 3. Maher missed like 7 short yardage kicks....and they come so randomly. He'll look really good then miss a gimme.

That's my thing. He's money from deep but dang, hit those gimmes.

We need those gimmes. Most of the Cowboy wins are by close margins. It's like that around the league...what separates good teams from bad is usually winning the close ones. I wish we had the 2015 Bailey on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    We need those gimmes. Most of the Cowboy wins are by close margins. It's like that around the league...what separates good teams from bad is usually winning the close ones. I wish we had the 2015 Bailey on this team.
    We especially need the gimmes because of how bad we are in the red zone.

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    We especially need the gimmes because of how bad we are in the red zone.

I think the red zone woes can be alleviated if Jarwin continues to have a big presence. Jarwin and Beasely would be good security blankets. Some of the red zone problems were self inflicted. Just little mistakes that stop momentum. Gallup is showing signs. And Elliott will be a big weapon. Facing the Seahawks and possibly teams like the Saints, Rams, Bears... you probably need every point you can get and have as little mistakes as possible. The Patriots basically were able to do well in the postseason, not by completely dominating teams the way the Joe Montanna 49ers, the 90s Cowboys or the 85 Bears did, but by out-pointing them. They won by small margins at times.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    I think the red zone woes can be alleviated if Jarwin continues to have a big presence. Jarwin and Beasely would be good security blankets. Some of the red zone problems were self inflicted. Just little mistakes that stop momentum. Gallup is showing signs. And Elliott will be a big weapon. Facing the Seahawks and possibly teams like the Saints, Rams, Bears... you probably need every point you can get and have as little mistakes as possible. The Patriots basically were able to do well in the postseason, not by completely dominating teams the way the Joe Montanna 49ers, the 90s Cowboys or the 85 Bears did, but by out-pointing them. They won by small margins at times.
    I think itís mostly our oline and OC that are the problem down there.

Yankees Farm System

Yeah Maher basically replicated what he's done his entire pro career (up until this point in the CFL). He finished the regular season making 80% of his kicks, and I think he was a career 77% kicker in the CFL. We can do better next year I hope.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123