Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    29,437

    Post Bill Simmons predicts Ben Simmons will be traded in a couple years

    https://www.metro.us/sports/bet/advi...warriors-bulls

    Just speculation from a talking head. But figured to post it here to dig up discussion.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    103,292
    bill simmons is an idiot and a bias Boston fan. Anyone could be traded in a couple of years lol... That being said you dont think about trading a dude who is a 2 way player putting up 16/9/8 in his 2nd year... You give it years to see if the jump shot comes. I put a link about giannis first few years compared to Simmons in the simmons vs duncic thread with how ben has basically had a much better start to his career than giannis.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 12-29-2018 at 08:14 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    53,841
    Bill Simmons said the same thing about Embiid, and at one point suggest cutting him after the good start. He had another absurd suggestion of DeRozen for Porter a few years ago. He tends to make absurd suggestions for division rivals to trade players away.

    Heís also suggested Horford for AD straight up, and went told he couldnít because of the rose rule, he said it didnít matter because the Celtics didnít sign either one.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    103,292
    there is 1 scenario where id trade ben Simmons......

    Sixers receive Holiday/Davis


    Pelicans receive- Ben simmons/ This years first/heat first/zhaire and multiple 2nds.


    A holiday/Davis/Embiid/Butler/Reddick line up is nasty... I am just not a fan of having that much beef inside but whatever.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    103,292
    Bill simmons Bias are you ready?

    His KL trade proposals

    Spurs receive: Corey Brewer, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Josh Hart, two first-round picks
    Lakers receive: Kawhi Leonard




    Spurs receive: Damian Lillard, Zach Collins, Caleb Swanigan, lottery-protected 2018 first-round pick, 2019 second-round pick (via Lakers/Timberwolves)
    Trail Blazers receive: Kawhi Leonard, Patty Mills



    Spurs receive: C.J. McCollum, Noah Vonleh, Zach Collins, Jusuf Nurkic
    Trail Blazers receive: Kawhi Leonard, Pau Gasol



    look at those above trades and now look at his proposed celtics trade


    Spurs receive: Jaylen Brown, Aron Baynes, a first-round pick (via the Lakers), another first-round pick (via the Grizzlies)
    Celtics receive: Kawhi Leonard

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,674
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Bill simmons Bias are you ready?

    His KL trade proposals

    Spurs receive: Corey Brewer, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Josh Hart, two first-round picks
    Lakers receive: Kawhi Leonard




    Spurs receive: Damian Lillard, Zach Collins, Caleb Swanigan, lottery-protected 2018 first-round pick, 2019 second-round pick (via Lakers/Timberwolves)
    Trail Blazers receive: Kawhi Leonard, Patty Mills



    Spurs receive: C.J. McCollum, Noah Vonleh, Zach Collins, Jusuf Nurkic
    Trail Blazers receive: Kawhi Leonard, Pau Gasol



    look at those above trades and now look at his proposed celtics trade


    Spurs receive: Jaylen Brown, Aron Baynes, a first-round pick (via the Lakers), another first-round pick (via the Grizzlies)
    Celtics receive: Kawhi Leonard
    The guys a beantown chomo

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,161
    They get smoked in the playoffs like last year they may be trading him this off season.

    As good as Simmons is, Joel is A superstar, and you can't waste years away waiting for Ben to get a jumper.

    In the playoffs, that lack of a jumper is a huge issue.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    44,813
    If you're philly, do you have a shorter window given Embiid health history? I was hoping for penny n shaq part 2 but I underrated just how skilled penny was

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    53,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    If you're philly, do you have a shorter window given Embiid health history? I was hoping for penny n shaq part 2 but I underrated just how skilled penny was
    No. Window still just opening.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    MASS
    Posts
    55,153
    Lol terrible. Unless they are getting AD I doubt I would consider Ben for almost anyone else realistically being traded or rumored to be traded

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    53,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    Lol terrible. Unless they are getting AD I doubt I would consider Ben for almost anyone else realistically being traded or rumored to be traded
    lol that's kinda what I suggested in the Sixers forum. Like to give up Simmons, despite the flaws, I need a star under contract for a few years.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •