Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Post Bill Simmons predicts Ben Simmons will be traded in a couple years

https://www.metro.us/sports/bet/advi...warriors-bulls

Just speculation from a talking head. But figured to post it here to dig up discussion.

bill simmons is an idiot and a bias Boston fan. Anyone could be traded in a couple of years lol... That being said you dont think about trading a dude who is a 2 way player putting up 16/9/8 in his 2nd year... You give it years to see if the jump shot comes. I put a link about giannis first few years compared to Simmons in the simmons vs duncic thread with how ben has basically had a much better start to his career than giannis.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 12-29-2018 at 08:14 PM.

Bill Simmons said the same thing about Embiid, and at one point suggest cutting him after the good start. He had another absurd suggestion of DeRozen for Porter a few years ago. He tends to make absurd suggestions for division rivals to trade players away.

Heís also suggested Horford for AD straight up, and went told he couldnít because of the rose rule, he said it didnít matter because the Celtics didnít sign either one.

there is 1 scenario where id trade ben Simmons......

Sixers receive Holiday/Davis

Pelicans receive- Ben simmons/ This years first/heat first/zhaire and multiple 2nds.

A holiday/Davis/Embiid/Butler/Reddick line up is nasty... I am just not a fan of having that much beef inside but whatever.

Bill simmons Bias are you ready?

His KL trade proposals

Spurs receive: Corey Brewer, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Josh Hart, two first-round picks
    Lakers receive: Kawhi Leonard

Spurs receive: Damian Lillard, Zach Collins, Caleb Swanigan, lottery-protected 2018 first-round pick, 2019 second-round pick (via Lakers/Timberwolves)
    Trail Blazers receive: Kawhi Leonard, Patty Mills

Spurs receive: C.J. McCollum, Noah Vonleh, Zach Collins, Jusuf Nurkic
    Trail Blazers receive: Kawhi Leonard, Pau Gasol

look at those above trades and now look at his proposed celtics trade

Spurs receive: Jaylen Brown, Aron Baynes, a first-round pick (via the Lakers), another first-round pick (via the Grizzlies)
    Celtics receive: Kawhi Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Bill simmons Bias are you ready?

His KL trade proposals

Spurs receive: Corey Brewer, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Josh Hart, two first-round picks
    Lakers receive: Kawhi Leonard

Spurs receive: Damian Lillard, Zach Collins, Caleb Swanigan, lottery-protected 2018 first-round pick, 2019 second-round pick (via Lakers/Timberwolves)
    Trail Blazers receive: Kawhi Leonard, Patty Mills

Spurs receive: C.J. McCollum, Noah Vonleh, Zach Collins, Jusuf Nurkic
    Trail Blazers receive: Kawhi Leonard, Pau Gasol

look at those above trades and now look at his proposed celtics trade

Spurs receive: Jaylen Brown, Aron Baynes, a first-round pick (via the Lakers), another first-round pick (via the Grizzlies)
    Celtics receive: Kawhi Leonard
    The guys a beantown chomo

They get smoked in the playoffs like last year they may be trading him this off season.

As good as Simmons is, Joel is A superstar, and you can't waste years away waiting for Ben to get a jumper.

In the playoffs, that lack of a jumper is a huge issue.

If you're philly, do you have a shorter window given Embiid health history? I was hoping for penny n shaq part 2 but I underrated just how skilled penny was

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    If you're philly, do you have a shorter window given Embiid health history? I was hoping for penny n shaq part 2 but I underrated just how skilled penny was
    No. Window still just opening.

Lol terrible. Unless they are getting AD I doubt I would consider Ben for almost anyone else realistically being traded or rumored to be traded

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    Lol terrible. Unless they are getting AD I doubt I would consider Ben for almost anyone else realistically being traded or rumored to be traded
    lol that's kinda what I suggested in the Sixers forum. Like to give up Simmons, despite the flaws, I need a star under contract for a few years.