Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    If there was a COVID-19 vaccine, would you guys get it?
    how come the next wave isn't "COVID-20" ?

how did they come upon this name in the first place

why is the virus named "coronavirus", and the virus itself is included in the name, and yet the actual virus is named something else, and it has a number attached, why?

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    how come the next wave isn't "COVID-20" ?

how did they come upon this name in the first place

why is the virus named "coronavirus", and the virus itself is included in the name, and yet the actual virus is named something else, and it has a number attached, why?
    "In COVID-19, ‘CO’ stands for ‘corona,’ ‘VI’ for ‘virus,’ and ‘D’ for disease. Formerly, this disease was referred to as “2019 novel coronavirus” or “2019-nCoV”

Also from the CDC:

"Human Coronavirus Types
    Coronaviruses are named for the crown-like spikes on their surface. There are four main sub-groupings of coronaviruses, known as alpha, beta, gamma, and delta.

Human coronaviruses were first identified in the mid-1960s. The seven coronaviruses that can infect people are:

Common human coronaviruses
    229E (alpha coronavirus)
    NL63 (alpha coronavirus)
    OC43 (beta coronavirus)
    HKU1 (beta coronavirus)
    Other human coronaviruses
    MERS-CoV (the beta coronavirus that causes Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, or MERS)
    SARS-CoV (the beta coronavirus that causes severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS)
    SARS-CoV-2 (the novel coronavirus that causes coronavirus disease 2019, or COVID-19)
    People around the world commonly get infected with human coronaviruses 229E, NL63, OC43, and HKU1.

Sometimes coronaviruses that infect animals can evolve and make people sick and become a new human coronavirus. Three recent examples of this are 2019-nCoV, SARS-CoV, and MERS-CoV.

Off the CDC website."

Dropping the knowledge right there!

But yea, that is the important question I don't think anyone is really talking about. People mention waiting for a vaccine to come about but when that does happen, what then? I don't have any kids so I am not up to par on what is required for schools but isn't there a list of vaccinations children have to have to be admitted? Will this now translate over to adults and be a requirement for individuals to go back into the office? My company is trying hard to get everyone back into the office but if individuals are able to say, "I don't feel safe", what can they do? Once a vaccine is out there are they then going to say, get the vaccine so you can come back to work?

For me, I do believe in vaccinations and their importance with combating viruses and such. However, the quick turnaround time of producing a suitable vaccination does have me slightly concerned.

I don't know, I find conspiracy theories to be interesting because although some may be far fetched, others are not based on actions of government(s) throughout history.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Dropping the knowledge right there!

But yea, that is the important question I don't think anyone is really talking about. People mention waiting for a vaccine to come about but when that does happen, what then? I don't have any kids so I am not up to par on what is required for schools but isn't there a list of vaccinations children have to have to be admitted? Will this now translate over to adults and be a requirement for individuals to go back into the office? My company is trying hard to get everyone back into the office but if individuals are able to say, "I don't feel safe", what can they do? Once a vaccine is out there are they then going to say, get the vaccine so you can come back to work?

For me, I do believe in vaccinations and their importance with combating viruses and such. However, the quick turnaround time of producing a suitable vaccination does have me slightly concerned.

I don't know, I find conspiracy theories to be interesting because although some may be far fetched, others are not based on actions of government(s) throughout history.
    We don't have to worry quite about this because we won't have vaccines for the whole population of the world...for like...well over a year. Plus, we don't even have enough needles at this point. All of that would have to be tested & manufactured. In all honesty, I don't believe a vaccine is coming until 2021. But not even the beginning of 2021.

There is a chance that we come up with a treatment faster than we can get a vaccine into the hands of the masses. (Treatment being something that alleviates the symptoms while your body fights off the virus).

Of course, this is just me guessing based on the information that I have...I could be totally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    "In COVID-19, ‘CO’ stands for ‘corona,’ ‘VI’ for ‘virus,’ and ‘D’ for disease. Formerly, this disease was referred to as “2019 novel coronavirus” or “2019-nCoV”

Novel stuff huh?

Novel stuff huh?
    like old people stealing batteries

Also from the CDC:

"Human Coronavirus Types
    Coronaviruses are named for the crown-like spikes on their surface. There are four main sub-groupings of coronaviruses, known as alpha, beta, gamma, and delta.

Human coronaviruses were first identified in the mid-1960s. The seven coronaviruses that can infect people are:

Common human coronaviruses
    229E (alpha coronavirus)
    NL63 (alpha coronavirus)
    OC43 (beta coronavirus)
    HKU1 (beta coronavirus)
    Other human coronaviruses
    MERS-CoV (the beta coronavirus that causes Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, or MERS)
    SARS-CoV (the beta coronavirus that causes severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS)
    SARS-CoV-2 (the novel coronavirus that causes coronavirus disease 2019, or COVID-19)
    People around the world commonly get infected with human coronaviruses 229E, NL63, OC43, and HKU1.

Sometimes coronaviruses that infect animals can evolve and make people sick and become a new human coronavirus. Three recent examples of this are 2019-nCoV, SARS-CoV, and MERS-CoV.

Off the CDC website."
    Mind blown... I nominate LFLoL official PSD health publicist
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

My wife’s family always gets a flu shot every year. And somehow they always seem to get the flu at some point every season. I have not ever had a flu shot and I remain relatively healthy. Every now and then I’ll catch something but it’s a very rare. Aren’t the flu shots really for that particular strand of flu? And if flues evolve then how they can that strand protect you?

I don’t know, my wife says I’m an idiot for not getting them. Maybe I have too much faith in my immune system.
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

My wife’s family always gets a flu shot every year. And somehow they always seem to get the flu at some point every season. I have not ever had a flu shot and I remain relatively healthy. Every now and then I’ll catch something but it’s a very rare. Aren’t the flu shots really for that particular strand of flu? And if flues evolve then how they can that strand protect you?

I don’t know, my wife says I’m an idiot for not getting them. Maybe I have too much faith in my immune system.
    THIS.

There has got to be a stronger focus on individual's health. The **** people put into their bodies on a daily basis is absurd. On top of that with little to no type of exercise sets our immune system up for failure. You look at the type of lunches kids eat nowadays and it's sickening. The end caps at grocery stores are riddled with candy, sugar, trash, etc.

I'll leave it at that before I really go down a rabbit hole of one of the many issues surrounding the United States.

are you sure they're getting the flu? Or are they getting a cold...?

Mind blown... I nominate LFLoL official PSD health publicist
    Haha. That was right off their website, physical health is not a strong suit of knowledge for me. Mental health I am confident I know a thing or too. Physical..eh.

Haha. That was right off their website, physical health is not a strong suit of knowledge for me. Mental health I am confident I know a thing or too. Physical..eh.
    too late, you're officially in charge of copy n pasting health stuff the rest of us are too lazy to google ourselves

Naming my son Kovid

Everyone in my family got them last year except my oldest daughter. She was the only one in the family to get the flu. We will continue to get them. lol

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast