Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    They'll probably hire him as OC.
    Being reported that they want him as offensive line coach and assistant head coach. They're looking for a forward thinking offensive coordinator who can bring some college concepts to Denver. They wanted to interview the 49ers QB coach for the job, but he was blocked by the 49ers

It sounds like there might be some bad blood brewing between the Broncos and Steelers. There’s reports that the Broncos attempted to interview Munchaks long time assistant, who is the assistant OL coach for the Steelers. Issue is the Steelers never granted permission and he’s under contract for two more years. They reportedly made an offer to his agent anyways.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    It sounds like there might be some bad blood brewing between the Broncos and Steelers. There’s reports that the Broncos attempted to interview Munchaks long time assistant, who is the assistant OL coach for the Steelers. Issue is the Steelers never granted permission and he’s under contract for two more years. They reportedly made an offer to his agent anyways.
    I haven't seen that.

The whole issue with coaches needs to get fixed imo. Far too many teams are blocking their guys from getting promotions. In the NFL, an OC is classified the same way as a QB coach so according to the rules, it's not a promotion. I think it needs to change to say any promotion of title.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I haven't seen that.

The whole issue with coaches needs to get fixed imo. Far too many teams are blocking their guys from getting promotions. In the NFL, an OC is classified the same way as a QB coach so according to the rules, it's not a promotion. I think it needs to change to say any promotion of title.
    Pretty soon it's going to be in college where we've got Co-Coordinators. The NFL already has passing and rushing game coordinator spots. The NFL needs to be clear on what is a promotion now and what isn't.

I haven't seen that.

I don't see the issue with that. Coaches have a say on the length of their contract.

I don't see the issue with that. Coaches have a say on the length of their contract.
    Personally I'm into rewarding good work and bettering individuals, but to each their own I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Pretty soon it's going to be in college where we've got Co-Coordinators. The NFL already has passing and rushing game coordinator spots. The NFL needs to be clear on what is a promotion now and what isn't.
    I agree.

Personally I'm into rewarding good work and bettering individuals, but to each their own I guess.
    I'm not against those things.

But contracts exist for a reason.

If coaches want to be rewarded for good work and better themselves as individuals, they can simply sign 1-year contracts.

The NFL has way too much coaching turnover as it is; extending the same rule that applies to head coaching jobs to coordinator jobs would be silly in my opinion.

I haven't seen that.

So I think the issue with this one is he has (from what I was reading) a provision that it Munchak leaves, an auto-kicker that makes him the OL coach. Because Munchaks contract expired (something he planned with the Rooney’s after the HC interest last year), the Rooney’s consider this guy the OP coach. And (I’ll do my best to get the report for you) it sounds like the Broncos are trying to offer both the OL coach job.

PROCESSING

I'm not against those things.

But contracts exist for a reason.

If coaches want to be rewarded for good work and better themselves as individuals, they can simply sign 1-year contracts.

The NFL has way too much coaching turnover as it is; extending the same rule that applies to head coaching jobs to coordinator jobs would be silly in my opinion.
    Not only that in cases of lateral moves teams should always hold the right to say no.

In terms of a step up...I like the compensation idea but in the end it hurts coaches more than helps them.

PROCESSING

Not only that in cases of lateral moves teams should always hold the right to say no.

In terms of a step up...I like the compensation idea but in the end it hurts coaches more than helps them.
    It's not a lateral move though.

And I'd love to hear how it hurts coaches to get a promotion with another club.

So I think the issue with this one is he has (from what I was reading) a provision that it Munchak leaves, an auto-kicker that makes him the OL coach. Because Munchaks contract expired (something he planned with the Rooney’s after the HC interest last year), the Rooney’s consider this guy the OP coach. And (I’ll do my best to get the report for you) it sounds like the Broncos are trying to offer both the OL coach job.
    Maybe what happened is they wanted the assistant as their oline coach and found out that he's technically the actual oline coach because Munchak's contract expired.

It's not a lateral move though.

As part of a compensation situation? So let's say the QB coach of say the Texans sees a situation where he could be the QB coach of say Seattle. What's to stop the Texans for asking for something unreasonable. Or lets say there's compensation for hiring a guy to a promotion, whats again to stop from asking for so much that bringing that guy in becomes unreasonable? So you can ultimately have a coach stuck in a position that he no longer wants.

PROCESSING

As part of a compensation situation? So let's say the QB coach of say the Texans sees a situation where he could be the QB coach of say Seattle. What's to stop the Texans for asking for something unreasonable. Or lets say there's compensation for hiring a guy to a promotion, whats again to stop from asking for so much that bringing that guy in becomes unreasonable? So you can ultimately have a coach stuck in a position that he no longer wants.
    Oh I misunderstood lol. My bad.

It certainly doesn't hurt them financially.

But take the 2016 head coach hires as an example. The only one left is Doug Pederson.

A quarter of the league is handing out promotions every year and the reason they do so is typically not a positive one.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast