Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    But Richard was the Seahawks DC before that. He also calls plays in passing and third down type situations for the Cowboys.
    I know, I was being sarcastic that's why I put the quotation marks around "just". He is basically the Cowboys defensive coordinator

How would you rate the new hiring of coaches from riskiest to safest?
    Mine

1. Kliff Kingsbury

2. Zac Taylor

3. Matt LaFleur

4. Freddie Kitchens

5. Adam Gase

6. Vic Fangio

7. Bruce Arians

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

How would you rate the new hiring of coaches from riskiest to safest?
    1. Zac Taylor

2. Kliff Kingsbury

3. Freddie Kitchens

4. Matt LaFleur

5. Vic Fangio

6. Adam Gase

7. Bruce Arians

@Rapsheet

Sources: The #Broncos have notified the #Steelers of their intention to speak with respected OL coach Mike Munchak, whose contract is up. He has been in talks with Denver about a deal there. He impressed those in Denver in their HC search.

@Jasonrmcintyre
    Get off @TheHerd and my phone is lighting up. One text I didn’t expect: Sounds like Mike Munchak may leave Pitt for the Broncos to coach the OL. Smart hire if it happens

Let's get this done!
    Last edited by mgjohnson7851; 01-11-2019 at 05:15 PM.

@Adamschefter
    Assistant shocker: Gary Kubiak will not be Denver’s offensive coordinator, league sources tell ESPN.

After lengthy discussions, Denver and Kubiak had different ideas on staffing and offensive philosophies. Both sides going in different directions.

Maybe Denver wants Munchak as OC?

Steelers hired former bengals DC to be assistant dc with a focus on secondary.

PROCESSING

@TroyRenck
    #Broncos want Munchak as OL Coach. They are in the market for an offense of coordinator now. It's unclear whether Kubiak will stay in the organization. If He wants to coach then obviously thats not going to be with Denver #Denver7

Cardinals hire Vance Joseph as defensive coordinator.

The Jets are about to hire Gregg Williams as defensive coordinator.
    Last edited by MidwestJimmy; 01-11-2019 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    @TroyRenck
    #Broncos want Munchak as OL Coach. They are in the market for an offense of coordinator now. It's unclear whether Kubiak will stay in the organization. If He wants to coach then obviously thats not going to be with Denver #Denver7
    Reports in the Burgh as saying the Steelers are gonna offer to bump him to assistant HC in an effort to keep him.

PROCESSING

Also that gotta be an awkward conversation.
    “So uh we didn’t think your good enough for the HC job, any chance you’ll leave your home and home state for the same role here?”

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    “So uh we didn’t think your good enough for the HC job, any chance you’ll leave your home and home state for the same role here?”
    LOL. And at quarterback who will get everybody fired again -- first the head coach, and then the usual housecleaning that follows with the new coach. As opposed to staying with Ben.

Colorado is prettier, has better weather, his daughter is here (Maybe has grandkids?), Broncos are hitting the end of their tailspin whereas the Steelers are beginning it... Lots of reasons that he could want to make the move.

And for all we know, Denver could be giving him the assistant title as well.

Also, Denver let their offensive line coach (Sean Kugler) go to Tampa, and he actually did a pretty good job this year. That was after they had blocked all their assistants from interviewing elsewhere because "The new coach may want to retain some of them." I don't think they would let Kugler go if they didn't believe there was a good chance Munchak would come over.

They'll probably hire him as OC.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    They'll probably hire him as OC.
    I actually think that would be a mistake.

PROCESSING

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast