Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Elways has hero status in Denver but can't find a QB. Not a situation I'd like to be in as a head coach.
    He's 0-2 finding a QB... One was a late first round pick, the other was a second round pick. Elway's problem is that he's looking for someone who could be elite. He doesn't want to settle for a QB like Dak. That's a problem because trying to find a possible elite QB later in the draft is high risk.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    He found Peyton Manning. But it was incredibly obvious that he was already a good quarterback. He was also on his last legs.
    I mean it wasn't really obvious. There were still real questions about how he'd come back from all those surgeries.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    He's 0-2 finding a QB... One was a late first round pick, the other was a second round pick. Elway's problem is that he's looking for someone who could be elite. He doesn't want to settle for a QB like Dak. That's a problem because trying to find a possible elite QB later in the draft is high risk.
    It's not high risk to invest a pick in a QB later in the draft. It's just very low results.

So what openings are still out there?

Cleveland, Miami, Denver, NY Jets?

Edit: Bengals have an opening too.
    Last edited by Mamba42; 01-09-2019 at 11:15 AM.

Also, an update from yesterday: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...d-coaching-job

Broncos down to Fangio and Munchak.

I am happy to see each hire go down with Kris Richard still not selected.

It's Fangio!

Adam Gase to the Jets. That keeps WR Quincy Enunwa in the slot in another 3-WR offense, which is good.

Cleveland promoted Freddie Kitchens to HC, and Gregg Williams is gone as HC and DC (the DC part surprises me).

Todd Bowles is the new DC in Tampa Bay. It's usually awkward, at least at first, to switch to a totally different base defense -- in this case, a 4-3 to a 3-4. But Bowles is a good coordinator.

It's down to Miami and Cincinnati. Get 'em while they're hot!
    Last edited by MidwestJimmy; 01-10-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Rumor: The Dolphins want either Cowboys DB coach (and former Seahawks DC) Kris Richard or Patriots DC Brian Flores. They should go with Richard -- that's a good hire. Flores has been at his current job for only one season, and NE coordinators never make good head coaches.
    Last edited by MidwestJimmy; 01-11-2019 at 06:44 PM.

Rumor: The Dolphins want either Cowboys DB coach (and former Seahawks DC) Kris Richard or Patriots DC Brian Flores. They should go with Richard -- that's a good hire. Flores has been at his current job for only one season, rarely or never calls plays, and NE coordinators never make good head coaches.
    I read they also interviewed their S/T coordinator Rizzi

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I read they also interviewed their S/T coordinator [Darren] Rizzi
    ST coach to HC -- it worked for John Harbaugh and the Ravens.

ST coach to HC -- it worked for John Harbaugh and the Ravens.
    Not a bad deal. I say they should hire Rizzi. Richard is "just" the secondary coach for the Cowboys.

Not a bad deal. I say they should hire Rizzi. Richard is "just" the secondary coach for the Cowboys.
    But Richard was the Seahawks DC before that. He also calls plays in passing and third down type situations for the Cowboys.

Believe the hype. The Baker has come.

It's believed that Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy will get the Bengals job. PFT says they can't hire him now because the Chiefs are still playing. That confuses me; the 49ers hired Kyle Shanahan when the Falcons were in the playoffs (and when he was blowing the Super Bowl).

It's believed that Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy will get the Bengals job. PFT says they can't hire him now because the Chiefs are still playing. That confuses me; the 49ers hired Kyle Shanahan when the Falcons were in the playoffs (and when he was blowing the Super Bowl).
    I don't think they officially hired Shanny until after the Super Bowl

Nah, they should definitely hire Richard.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast