Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Agreed completely, not sure why either given he has such a good arm. It is kind of a waste not taking shots with Theilan/Diggs down the field a little more. Our oline wasn't great but it often times felt like he just took the checkdown or held the ball because the guy wasn't wide open/was looking for perfect option.

Cousins for Keenum straight up, which team says no? We would save 8 mil this season it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    He might have, he might not have. I am not saying you are wrong for that opinion it is just funny you say "I can't predict the future" then go on predicting a hypothetical and how it would have played out.

Plenty of us were telling you before the season this stuff but people didn't want to listen, yourself included. Kirk has always been the same guy. You just changed your opinion on him when things got bad then are laughably trying to tell others you have been right about the situation/the realistic one (as opposed to overreacting your opinion to his down stretch). I think if you are allowed to have opinions that don't hold up, change your mind, then pretend you have been out here being realistic etc. it is fair to call you out when you say things like Kirk sucks or "I tried telling you guys".

I am not upset about it feel free to keep posting the way you do, I will just start bringing actual logic/reality into those discussions when it seems needed.
    I'm not sure you realize how sport forums work. It took me 5 weeks to realize Kirk is who he always was, I changed my opinion on him, took heat for criticizing him and Zimmer. After doing that for 8 weeks I had to say I was right. You knew about Cousins from the beginning, congrats.

The problem is that Cousins plays like Zimmer coaches. They are both soft. Keenum went rogue and played tough and we were very successful, and Zimmer constantly threw him under the bus for it. Keenums play vs. Cousins play ended up being the difference this year

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    I'm not sure you realize how sport forums work. It took me 5 weeks to realize Kirk is who he always was, I changed my opinion on him, took heat for criticizing him and Zimmer. After doing that for 8 weeks I had to say I was right. You knew about Cousins from the beginning, congrats.

The problem is that Cousins plays like Zimmer coaches. They are both soft. Keenum went rogue and played tough and we were very successful, and Zimmer constantly threw him under the bus for it. Keenums play vs. Cousins play ended up being the difference this year

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    You took heat in part for saying he sucks. He doesn't flat out suck and that is why many people wanted to believe he could be really good. Unfortunately average is also not sucking and that is what we got an average QB who needs extra time in the pocket. You took heat for using Marvin Lewis as the comparison for Zim despite the lack of context and then using a straw man about Bill B. It has more to do with the lack of context/facts/data/reasoning in your posts and instead using ridiculous rhetoric to back your opinions.

Keenums play in large part was reliant on a specific situation including the OC and his best individual season on top of it (including some luck like the dropped int stats that people laughed at earlier last year). He dropped back down to earth this season and we have no idea what he would have looked like in a volume passing offense without PA/rollouts etc. or relying on the run game. I mean Denver had a better ground game than us and he still dropped off a cliff there, the offense was Denvers problem and it was not the running game it was the QB/passing game.

The problems this year were oline, Kirk, OC/playcalling. Zimmer holds some general responsibility for sure as the head coach but most of our issues came on the offensive side of the ball where Rick has really screwed up the QB/Oline situation over the years (this is the key and Cousins is a factor just like Bradford was). All of that lead to a season where a lot of things went wrong (Everson/Bills game/Kicking vs packers/offense struggles late in year) to the point we just missed the playoffs by a half game. It sucks but it doesn't mean we need to spaz out because we are angry, we can be reasonable with our opinions and still be mad about the outcome this year. Rick/Zimmer absolutely need to be on the hot seat for this coming season we agree but Zimmer isn't a horrible coach and Cousins doesn't suck and so on.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 01-04-2019 at 05:58 PM.

for all our warts this year, we were still literally one play short of the playoffs...and a number of plays could have been that one play (including the one where Hughes tore his ACL...not saying he was necessarily going to be a HUGE contributor, but his absence was still felt)
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011