Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    I'm assuming you guys all listened to Grimes on the podcast. I am so glad hes gone now what an absolute joke this guy is. Get you and your wife outta here and let's get younger, hungrier, more motivated at the CB position.

Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    I'm assuming you guys all listened to Grimes on the podcast. I am so glad hes gone now what an absolute joke this guy is. Get you and your wife outta here and let's get younger, hungrier, more motivated at the CB position.
    I missed it, what’d he say?

Quote Originally Posted by 5surretts View Post
    I missed it, what’d he say?
    The team asked him to shadow A. Brown during the Pitt game and he refused because he was only getting paid 7 million a year, when most corners who are asked to shadow a top receiver are making over 10 million a year.

First of all, why would you sign a contract that you are not happy about? second of all, Brent is insane. Do you remember a year ago when he said he was thinking about quitting football to play on the NBA? Finally, Grimes played really well for us for 2 years, but was awful this past season. maybe it's age, maybe its lack of trying, and most likely, it's both. Either way, he is gone, along with DJax.

The fact that they were even retained on this team after both disobeying coaching requirements is absolutely telling as to why we were a bad team. I just hope that has more to do with Dirk Koetter then it does Jason Licht.

Jesus i wish Grimes said this right after the Pits game so they could have cut his ***! He looked like he didnt care and i guess it was true, He just ruined what ever legacy he would have had in his career what a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhouse94 View Post
    Jesus i wish Grimes said this right after the Pits game so they could have cut his ***! He looked like he didnt care and i guess it was true, He just ruined what ever legacy he would have had in his career what a shame.
    Obviously he did say it to the coaching staff during the Pitt game. Which is why I don't understand why he was still here.

I read his comments and he made a comment about why he signed with the Bucs for the last year. He basically said, “yeah we knew we were gonna lose but we were having fun” that’s an indictment not only on him but also on GMC for not holding him and the others accountable. I believe GMC is the biggest problem the Bucs have right now. We’re not gonna win while he’s here and once he’s gone the culture of the locker room will change.

Quote Originally Posted by 5surretts View Post
    I read his comments and he made a comment about why he signed with the Bucs for the last year. He basically said, “yeah we knew we were gonna lose but we were having fun” that’s an indictment not only on him but also on GMC for not holding him and the others accountable. I believe GMC is the biggest problem the Bucs have right now. We’re not gonna win while he’s here and once he’s gone the culture of the locker room will change.
    That makes absolutely no sense, none. Every single thing that happens with the team is Gerald's fault? Brent had a position coach, 2 defensive coordinators and a head coach. Plus management and ownership as well. But it is McCoys responsibility?

You seem petty and with an axe to grind. Respectfully, **** your ********.

Grimes legacy isn't tarnished, it simply is who hes always been. A talented player, with up and down swings in level of play, more up than down. He then feels slighted or disrespected and the situations turned ugly. Happened in ATL, Miami and here.

I don't like it, I think it should have been handled. It is not the reason we lost 11 games but it did not help and set a bad example for young guys.

DB coach Hoke came out of this looking awful. He cant discipline his players, he cant reach a mutual understanding and he cant adapt. The part that actually pissed me off was Brent airing out that he was constantly getting criticized for his technique vs the run even when making a play for not doing it Hoke's way. There are coachable things and noncoachable things, and then there is being a douchebag to your best DB.

And Koetter had no control over any of it.

Per JBF our new Head Coach will be announced no later than Tuesday. With apparent favorite to be Bruce Arians but nothing is concrete. I'd be pumped but his health is a concern, hopefully we can nab Zac Taylor as OC and groom him to be HC of the future.

Saw something on twitter about us going after Patrick Petterson and Tyrann Mathieu which i would be all for but i dont think it was an inside source as much as someones oppinion. Maybe if Arians is our guy they will both want to play for him again? having a player PP to teach all our young CB's how to be a pro would be amazing, and pairing Mathieu and Evans could be the answer at saftey with Whitehead and Adams as backups.

Saw something on twitter about us going after Patrick Petterson and Tyrann Mathieu which i would be all for but i dont think it was an inside source as much as someones oppinion. Maybe if Arians is our guy they will both want to play for him again? having a player PP to teach all our young CB's how to be a pro would be amazing, and pairing Mathieu and Evans could be the answer at saftey with Whitehead and Adams as backups.
    I would be more for PP then TM. We need a vet corner which akon mentioned before/someone who can be a leader unlike Grimes. He would be a great addition to the secondary. However I am a huge Justin Evans fan, said we should draft him, did and when healthy has been an awesome up and coming FS for us. I wouldn't want to pair TM (FS/CB) at 5'9 with Evans. To me those aren't 2 very intimidating Safeties. I would rather have Whitehead who had 76 tackles along side Evans or if you are looking to make a splash then Landon Collins to pair with Evans back there. Regardless, looks like we may be moving on from Conte which makes absolutely ecstatic.

Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    Per JBF our new Head Coach will be announced no later than Tuesday. With apparent favorite to be Bruce Arians but nothing is concrete. I'd be pumped but his health is a concern, hopefully we can nab Zac Taylor as OC and groom him to be HC of the future.
    If it's by Tuesday, don't you get the feeling our next HC will be Bieniemy?

If it's by Tuesday, don't you get the feeling our next HC will be Bieniemy?
    Or was the Bienimey interview just to appease the Rooney rule? When they make such a public statement that they concluded there interview with someone it always makes me wonder if its because of the rule and they dont want backlash, Which is really sad.

Or was the Bienimey interview just to appease the Rooney rule? When they make such a public statement that they concluded there interview with someone it always makes me wonder if its because of the rule and they dont want backlash, Which is really sad.
    I would really hope in 2019 that they didnt announce the Bieniemy Interview to appease the Rooney Rule.

I would really hope in 2019 that they didnt announce the Bieniemy Interview to appease the Rooney Rule.
    They already interviewed Edwards, the Vikings DC, who is also black.

Caldwell and Richard have both been linked to us and our black as well.

Don't think any of it is Rooney rule fluff.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast