Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Mock draft

Trade from 5 to 10 with Denver, pick up a 2019 2nd, 2019 3rd and 2020 2nd.

Trade our 2019 2nd and Denver 2020 2nd to get back into Round 1.

1. Ed Oliver DT Houston
    1. Devin Bush LB Michigan
    2. DeAndre Baker CB Georgia
    3. Damien Harris RB Alabama
    3. Yodny Cajuste OT West Virginia
    4. Chase Winovich EDGE Michigan
    5. Hunter Renfrow WR Clemson
    6. LJ Scott RB Michigan State
    7. Kris Boys CB Texas

Thoughts?

My thoughts on you moving back from 5 to 10 are awesome, as that is somewhere around the trade back I would be looking for.
    Every target you chose fits what we need. I think the range in which you picked them are reasonable and this draft would completely help our team moving forward.
    I personally would have chosen 1 more Offensive lineman, but that's just a hope at this point.

The only issue for me is with the return in your Mock trade. The difference between the 5th and 10th pick is 400 trade value points. This would allow us to move from 5 to 10 and possibly obtain Denver's 2nd round pick in 2019. You added on a 3rd as well in 2019 and a 2nd for next year. So for me the return from Denver would be significantly too much.

Now I do know that if Denver moved up and it was for let's say Drew Lock/Haskins etc. and this was the guy they truly wanted as their future qb they would definitely overpay what the value chart would say is reasonable. Is this why the return was so high for us?
    Last edited by BucsFan47; 03-19-2019 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    My thoughts on you moving back from 5 to 10 are awesome, as that is somewhere around the trade back I would be looking for.
    Every target you chose fits what we need. I think the range in which you picked them are reasonable and this draft would completely help our team moving forward.
    I personally would have chosen 1 more Offensive lineman, but that's just a hope at this point.

The only issue for me is with the return in your Mock trade. The difference between the 5th and 10th pick is 400 trade value points. This would allow us to move from 5 to 10 and possibly obtain Denver's 2nd round pick in 2019. You added on a 3rd as well in 2019 and a 2nd for next year. So for me the return from Denver would be significantly too much.

Now I do know that if Denver moved up and it was for let's say Drew Lock/Haskins etc. and this was the guy they truly wanted as their future qb they would definitely overpay what the value chart would say is reasonable. Is this why the return was so high for us?
    Definitely because they are going for a QB. But there is more to it.

In 2018 Tampa went from 7 to 12 and gained 2 2018 2nd round picks, that is the baseline for any trade from 5 to 10-13.

So theoretically Denver could trade us 2 2019 2nd rounders. They only have 1 unlike Buffalo last year so we must get creative.

ALSO and this is big to me, 5 is worth more than 7, it should cost Denver slightly more than it cost Buffalo. For example using 5 spots as the example. It costs less to move 5 spots from 27 to 22, right? And it costs a lot more to go from 6 to 1. So while it is roughly the same to go from 12 to 7 and 10 to 5, 10 to 5 should cost a little more.

Because Denver couldn't offer 2 2nds, like Buffalo, they start with a 2nd and 3rd, so I had to make up the difference and add that little extra. Unreasonable to expect another 2019 pick and spread out the cost to Denver for 2020. Normal thinking is a future pick equals one round lower in current year, 2020 2nd = 2019 3rd, 2020 4th = 2019 5th etc. Mainly because team could have low pick with success and team must wait for playoff.

Obviously a Guard would of been great, it never came up organically. Maybe one of the RBs? Maybe a G instead of Cajuste?

If Bucs came out of draft with Oliver or similar DL, Bush and Baker, ooooooo. **** would get me fired up.

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Mock draft

Trade from 5 to 10 with Denver, pick up a 2019 2nd, 2019 3rd and 2020 2nd.

Trade our 2019 2nd and Denver 2020 2nd to get back into Round 1.

1. Ed Oliver DT Houston
    1. Devin Bush LB Michigan
    2. DeAndre Baker CB Georgia
    3. Damien Harris RB Alabama
    3. Yodny Cajuste OT West Virginia
    4. Chase Winovich EDGE Michigan
    5. Hunter Renfrow WR Clemson
    6. LJ Scott RB Michigan State
    7. Kris Boys CB Texas

Thoughts?
    I mean I definitely like the trade return and the value. I don't care much for the top two players we took, but I would love to get 2 top 20 players like you outlined here.

I certainly would love Baker in the 2nd and Harris in the 3rd. That's my favorite part of the mock

I'm honestly less certain about what we will do in round 1 of this draft then usual, although despite predicting the trade down, I was way off from V. Vea last year. Never saw that coming.

Still really hoping we end up w J. Allen, or even Q. Williams.
    Last edited by aecon13; Today at 08:37 AM.

My draft board thoughts

1. Bosa- Best player in draft
    2. J. Allen- Best case scenario for us
    3. Q. Williams- despite hanging onto McCoy, I would still take him at 5.
    4. Trade down

Others in play
    - G. Williams- I think he has elite Corner potential. I just don't like the idea of us throwing another super young player into a starting role in the secondary. I also really like a couple other corners who may be available round 2, as well as in free agency

-R. Gary- I'm still a huge advocate, but by keeping Gerald, the need for this position drops a little.

- M. Sweat- He's good and a fit in the 3-4. I guess he belongs up here. I just like 4 pass rushers better then him, which is why I can't get super stoked about him. I wouldn't hate the pick.

-D. White- I've been against him as the pick for the past 2 months, but he's making more and more sense as our roster shapes out. I really just didn't expect to get rid of Kwon and not replace him with somebody, but that is what happened and now ILB is a big need. He's definitely a top tier talent.

Players I don't like

Ed Oliver- might be a monster might be a total bust. To me it's too risky of a pick at 5.

C. Ferrell- I just think he's benefited from an unbelievable line at Clemson. I'd rather J. Simmons or even the best O-lineman available
    Last edited by aecon13; Yesterday at 11:10 PM.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718