Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    I think whatever we do with Donovan Smith could tip our hand in the draft. If the new regime thinks he's garbage and wants to move on then we'll clearly get Jonah Williams.
    I don't think that's super clear at all. I think anyone who thinks J. Williams is going to step in and play LT day 1 is gonna be missing Donavan Smith real bad. I'd put him at Guard day one though.

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    I don't think that's super clear at all. I think anyone who thinks J. Williams is going to step in and play LT day 1 is gonna be missing Donavan Smith real bad. I'd put him at Guard day one though.
    I also dont see how you HAVE to replace a 2nd round LT who started 64 games with a Top 5 pick. Can find starting OL on Day 2.

Signing D. Smith doesn't rule anything out, Dotson is due 4.8 mil this year is up and down, dealt with a lot of injuries. Could draft a player high and cut him to save 4.8, keep him as backup for either T spot or have Smith/Dotson start until rookie is ready.

Pfish overall point is valid, I just dont think you can think in absolutes. After trading for JPP, signing Allen, Unrein and Curry, that could've ruled out DT and it didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Pfish overall point is valid, I just dont think you can think in absolutes. After trading for JPP, signing Allen, Unrein and Curry, that could've ruled out DT and it didn't.
    Yea, that's true. I definitely didn't see Vea pick coming. I had never been so off on predicting a pick. He wasn't even on my radar last year. One trend that I seem to notice with Licht is that he tends to focus offseasons around entire units.

I really don't know what they plan on doing with the O-line.i can't find it now, but I read an article where BA discussed rookie O-lineman. He talked about how the college game has changed and O-lineman don't come out NFL ready anymore. Be basically said you can not rely on starting rookie O-lineman right away. I think you can at Guard and maybe even at RT, but I wouldn't do it at LT

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910